Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think Anduin and Baine make a great couple, and as an avid fan of everything Tauren, they would certainly have my seal of approval. If Anduin thinks Pandaria is beautiful, he should try Mulgore!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Except the Alliance has always been good and Knight in shining armor. Realistically the full scale war of the Alliance and Horde CAN'T LAST FOREVER. It just can't.
    True, it ends when we stand in Stormwind watching it burn to the ground

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    day the wars end is the day when blizz shuts off the last server so expect more conflict tension and a hundred garrosh hellscreams in the future
    My opnion? World Peace is nothing but a fantasy
    As long as people have passions in their hearts, wars will never end
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Except the Alliance has always been good and Knight in shining armor. Realistically the full scale war of the Alliance and Horde CAN'T LAST FOREVER. It just can't.
    I'll say the Alliance has been a lighter shade of gray than the Horde over the course of the series, but they are not pure white. But yes, the war has to end. I'm glad you agree
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

This shows when you ask Dezco why he doesn't capture Anduin Wrynn.

"Besides, this little one has earned the friendship and trust of High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof. For that reason, consider him under my protection." - So Baine and Anduin are friends? Did I miss something in the lore?
    anduin is close friends with baine the weapon baine wields was given to him by anduin and he atleast on good terms with vol'jin if not friends
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Supporter of peace yet he gives weapons as presents
    An irony of real world politics and negotiations.

imagine if i did hand over the prince to garrosh he could use him for leverage basically say we want ashevenvale and darkshore or your gonna get a pinky finger in the mail for the next few days

Roleplaying as a evil bastard is so much fun
    Imagine if the response was genocide of the entire Orcish race? Evil will always be trumped by greater evil, you know.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Imagine if the response was genocide of the entire Orcish race? Evil will always be trumped by greater evil, you know.
    Because why wouldt you fight evil with evil?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The two spent time together under Jaina's protection after Cairne was killed and during the Grimtotem coup. Anduin he became friends and the Prince encourged him that he could be the leader his people needed he even gave him the hammer FearBreaker.

P.S. If anyone can restore Jaina's faith in the good of the Horde it is likely the High Chief for this very reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    An irony of real world politics and negotiations.

One of the major issues I have with recent lore in wow, is despite how years before since WC3, the devs, metzen and gang, have worked to develop the orcs into something unique, into a race of noble savage warrior with a noble background that became corrupted, and now faught to regain that sense of good, even if they were rough round the edges.

It is what drew me to the orcs and why they became my favored race, not because of what happened prior to WC3, but how they overcame that dark chapter in there history. That they were a race that while some saw as monsters, those who took the time to understand them saw they were not monsters but people trying to survive.

What they are doing right now with the orcs under Garrosh is degenerative to the story, it doesn't move it forward rather it moves the story of the orcs backwards, where as all other races seem to be coming forward in there development (those with attention given to them).

This is what pisses me off, that the once awesome race of orcs that I use to admire for being different to all other orcs in most fantasy genres, just ended up being like a cut and paste race of generic warmongering warhammer/lord of the rings savages, with only a few good orcs left in its current format.

It isn't about playing an orc and wanting to 'crush mah enemies', thats generic and uninspired, what made them a great race was having them move beyond that way of thinking, and why I want to see it happen again.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
    Welcome to WoW where you need to buy 50 books to know whats going on with the lore
    Or learn to read a spoilers section in a WoW fansite in a *10th of the time it takes to read said book.

*Note a 10th isn't even close to the amount. If it takes you more time to bitch about the lore and think about a witty reply attacking the lore than it does to read a spoiler post, you have no right to bitch about said lore.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-11-05 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    One of the major issues I have with recent lore in wow, is despite how years before since WC3, the devs, metzen and gang, have worked to develop the orcs into something unique, into a race of noble savage warrior with a noble background that became corrupted, and now faught to regain that sense of good, even if they were rough round the edges.

It is what drew me to the orcs and why they became my favored race, not because of what happened prior to WC3, but how they overcame that dark chapter in there history. That they were a race that while some saw as monsters, those who took the time to understand them saw they were not monsters but people trying to survive.

What they are doing right now with the orcs under Garrosh is degenerative to the story, it doesn't move it forward rather it moves the story of the orcs backwards, where as all other races seem to be coming forward in there development (those with attention given to them).

This is what pisses me off, that the once awesome race of orcs that I use to admire for being different to all other orcs in most fantasy genres, just ended up being like a cut and paste race of generic warmongering warhammer/lord of the rings savages, with only a few good orcs left in its current format.

It isn't about playing an orc and wanting to 'crush mah enemies', thats generic and uninspired, what made them a great race was having them move beyond that way of thinking, and why I want to see it happen again.
    I tip my hat off to thee, Trassk. =)

Honestly, if people want to play the generic type of orcs, they should go play LOTRO or Warhammer.

Deleted
    Write what you want, major events and story still only happen in the books - they failed to deliver these events throught scenarios yet.

Well fortunately not everyone kisses Garrosh's Orcish feet :P
    Specially all the non-orcs that are sacrificed on a daily basis for Garrosh's entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    True, it ends when we stand in Stormwind watching it burn to the ground
    You mean AGAIN? It's starting to get old.
    Last edited by Buu; 2012-11-05 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    the war between the alliance and horde will be never-ending cause of the need for pvp and because that's what the game was originally built on Orcs v Humans
    Sadly the war cannot last forever if they want to keep the story fresh. It will get as old and stale as the world being in constant peril with some "big bad" wanting to destroy it or take it over. PVP is by no mean a reason to keep a dead end story going either, and if Valen's vision from the book is any indication the war WILL end because they are going to join forces to face the Legion.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2012-11-05 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Typo's are hell. >.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Sadly the war cannot last forever if they want to keep the story fresh. It will get as old and stale as the world being in constant peril with some "big bad" wanting to destroy it or take it over. PVP is by no mean a reason to keep a dead end story going either, and if Valen's vision from the book is any indication the war WILL end because they are going to join forces to face the Legion.
    Perhaps...The new PvP maps are about resource rivalry. Not war or territory as the old ones. No one is conquering Kotmongu, or the mines. They are draining the resources to their own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
    Welcome to WoW where you need to buy 50 books to know whats going on with the lore
    Or, you know, just read that quest text. That works, too.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

The orcs will apparently rise again, at the end of this expansion when we kill Garrosh. THAT goal alone has me waiting on pins and needles for my chance to tear into the butcher of Theramore!

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I think Anduin and Baine make a great couple, and as an avid fan of everything Tauren, they would certainly have my seal of approval. If Anduin thinks Pandaria is beautiful, he should try Mulgore!
    And let the fanfics begin!...okay, that's kinda creepy, considering Anduin's 14-16, and Baine's in his...mid twenties? I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really for the most part. The Alliance has probably spawned much of the evil in Azeroth by it's actions, not to mention how there are quite a few people who are just grey to begin with.
    5.1's best example is probably Vereesa and to a much lesser extent Jaina.

The Alliance has always been the lighter of the two greys, but it's never been anything close to white. The problem is that the Horde currently on such a dark path that it's making the Alliance look even whiter.

Depends where you draw the line between knight in shining armour and white knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been friends for quite a while. It's the cross-faction canon camaraderie now that Jaina and Thrall are at odds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    They've been friends for quite a while. It's the cross-faction canon camaraderie now that Jaina and Thrall are at odds.
    Jaina's has odds with Thrall because she's a wacko now. Thrall still wants to be friends with her.

I understand her hate for Garrosh, thats perfectly understandable. but for her to now hate all the horde, even those not guilty of doing her wrong, thats just an obvious case of blizzard trying to appeal to the wrong kind of players for there sake.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-05 at 03:24 PM.
    #boycottchina