Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There will be an rts based on the movie. They will double the profits. (Or triple if more people sub to WoW due to said movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    How the hell do you know that?
    I'm pretty sure it was announced a while back that the movie would be set one year before World of Warcraft, so I guess that would still be in the Warcraft timeline.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh no, you didn't...
    Those poor kittens, murdered by the hundreds. OP... why... WHY?! :[

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still in the works.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Even the novels are labeled "World of Warcraft" now. I don't think there's anything current that actually escapes that label anymore.

However, calling the movie "World of Warcraft" wouldn't really harm it at all. Even if it comes out years after the game itself dies, there would still be plenty of interest just because of the IP.
    No doubt half of hollywood movies are remakes of nostalgia now its funny. All movies are now is a study in marketing and what big group they have an automatic built in consumer. I bet 20-30 years down road we will have a WoW movie and old geezers like me will be "hey, sonny I used to play that game" and end up going to movie. Plus lets be honest, Hollywood loves the nerd factor because they are loyal to a product. Why do we get every superheroe ever invented has a movie now and why Disney bought frikin Star Wars to milk some more $ out of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Even the novels are labeled "World of Warcraft" now. I don't think there's anything current that actually escapes that label anymore.
    That's because the novels are tied to the game events (and viceversa). But by making it a Warcraft movie, they have all the timeline to work with, WoW included.

Warcraft is the universe, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was announced a while back that the movie would be set one year before World of Warcraft, so I guess that would still be in the Warcraft timeline.
    When you're making movies "a while back" might as well be an eternity. I wouldn't mind something that isn't directly WoW-related and tying that to a new RTS would be great but Hollywood is Hollywood and this is one of those projects that has dragged on and on which implies that when it does get done it will very much be lowest-common-denominator fodder.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted they could still say it's in a different universe/timeline and go with that. Really the Warcraft Universe is ripe to create.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Q4 2014 it says we have 2 years still.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Q4 2014 it says we have 2 years still.
    Its WoWx5 that should be released in Q4 of 2014 - next expansion, not WoW movie.

It was an unofficial leak that was clearly stated not to be relied on. You can compare MoP with the slate and see that it doesn't add up 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    You are choosing to believe an unconfirmed product slate from a company that hasn't release a lot of this information.
    Product slate was 100% correct on the completely unexpected announcement and release date of Portuguese-BR client.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a note of common-sense (something that might be strange and exotic to some of you):

Five-year plans are generally revised once-a-year. So putting up a picture of one from nearly 3 years ago isn't going to impress much of anyone.

So it goes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's a Warcraft movie, not a WoW movie.
    Whatever. At this point, I bet more than half of WoW's players even know there are other Warcraft games besides WoW. Regardless, the Blizzard schedule that this thread was sparked over (which again is hilariously outdated and wrong) states "WOW Movie".

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If someone mentions this leaked outdated chart, a kitten dies?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The slate is wrong about MoP anyway. Why would it be right about the movie?

Deleted
    Y right there will be a movie out in december no actor is assigned to and no 100% director and it has not only has zero days of filming but not even a script yet sounds absolut logical that the movie will be out in december just cause a picture on the internet says so...

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    If someone mentions this leaked outdated chart, a kitten dies?
    Yes, it's very tragic. We should hold an e funeral for all the sad kittehs
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Movies take years for the writing, pre production, filming and post production. If anything about the movie had even began there would be news about a Director, actors hired and much more since that information is not private and could be found on things like IMDB or any other movie gossip site.

Since there's absolutely no news about a warcraft movie in about 3 years, it's not likely anything is in the works at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    There will never be a Warcraft movie, a cgi DVD perhaps