Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW movie released in december?!

Blizzard Product Slate from 2010 says that WoW movie will be released in 4th quarter of 2012 - so it means it should be released in November or December this year. But we still didn't hear anything about movie that will be based on Warcraft story. So what do you guys think? Is it going to be released in 2012? I pretty much doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um.... no.

No trailers, no leaked footage, no CM mentioning it....highly doubtful that soon

Oh no, you didn't...

10+ Year Old Account
    You are choosing to believe an unconfirmed product slate from a company that hasn't release a lot of this information.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a word, no. I'm not even sure if they have a director for it.

OK, that's more than a word. But it's what I do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    It would be funny though. Just imagine Blizzard setting up a YouTube live stream:

"Hello fans, my name is Mike Morhaime. I'm the CEO and what not of Blizzard Entertainment. Today I want to share something special with you. As you surely know, we've partnered with Legendary to create a cinematic movie based on one of our franchises... *bla bla bla building up even more hype* AND THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT MOVIE COMES TO YOUR CINEMA... TOMORROW! You can watch the movie via Battle.net. And if you order within the next 24 hours you'll recieve me as a WoW ingame-pet and free popcorn. Horray!"

I highly doubt that we'll be seeing a WoW movie anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh no, you didn't...
    The kitteh!

Deleted
    the poor kittens

Deleted
    OP, have you seen any Warcraft movie trailer for the past year? No? Then why this thread?

Hollywood timing is not on of common mortals.

Well HotS wasn't released last year was it? The list is behind by a few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt a WoW movie will ever see the light of day. If they haven't even started pre-production on a movie which would be of the scale needed for the subject matter (special effects, sound, extras, digital art, length, etc) by now, then people will have stopped caring about WoW by the time it comes out.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're still in the pre-production process...

So no.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's coming out right after Ghostbusters 3.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I doubt a WoW movie will ever see the light of day. If they haven't even started pre-production on a movie which would be of the scale needed for the subject matter (special effects, sound, extras, digital art, length, etc) by now, then people will have stopped caring about WoW by the time it comes out.
    It's a Warcraft movie, not a WoW movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    How the hell do you know that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's really difficult at this point in time to distinguish between the two things since it's been a number of years since there's been much "Warcraft" stuff added (apart from the novels) that wasn't related to WoW. I imagine when a script treatment is done, the primary plot elements will be familiar to those who play WoW and never played the RTS at all.

Make of that what you will. They may go and mine the novels for a story but the smart money would say to go with the thing that is the primary driver of the story for the last eight years.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the novels are labeled "World of Warcraft" now. I don't think there's anything current that actually escapes that label anymore.

However, calling the movie "World of Warcraft" wouldn't really harm it at all. Even if it comes out years after the game itself dies, there would still be plenty of interest just because of the IP.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    did another kitten just die?

/cry
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.