Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

People of ALL heights...

Tell your problems here which are caused by your height.

But also tell the perks!

I am 5,9/175cm/176cm so I am basically average height. But I live in the Netherlands which is on average the tallest nation.

I do have the perk of feeling that everything was made just right for me though, not too tall , not too short.

But a lot of Dutch girls.....tall man..tall...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    6'3", 189cm

In my class I feel like I'm average when it comes to height. No real perks.

Con? Going downstairs when visiting my parents has a high risk of bumping my head. That stair isn't built for someone above 1,80
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    5ft, 11inch. Average height is average. I can reach higher shelves, that is the main advantage I can see. Fun (Not really) fact, Scotland's current average height is 5ft,10inch, but pre-WW1 it was 6ft. Roughly 20% of the male population of Scotland was killed in the war and the average height has been lower ever since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    6'3", 189cm

In my class I feel like I'm average when it comes to height. No real perks.

Con? Going downstairs when visiting my parents has a high risk of bumping my head. That stair isn't built for someone above 1,80
    Build Armor for your head!

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Not being able to reach certain shelfs in stores, can barely see anything if at a concert and not sitting on someones shoulders, have to show legitimation when buying simple painkillers which are not on prescription due to people mistaking me for a teenager, had staff at Systembolaget think I had a fake I.D once aswell

It sucks.

e: @ 156 cm, think it's about 5'1
    That's harsh... :/ I guess those people haven't heard of varying heights in the human race?

Or do you look really young?

199cm here, a bit over 2m with my boots on.
    im working as an electrician and i can easily work at normal living-room ceilingheight without using a ladder. another perk is sometimes the better angle at womens cleavage, ähe. i also get to see peoples surprised faces, when im telling them that im over 100kg of weight and still look like a normal weight person. from this there also seems to be a higher "base"-strength, because as some general rule theres said that a human can lift his own weight.. soo by being heavier i am, more or less, automatically a bit "stronger".

cons: -nothing seems to fit, hard time finding something thats fitting enough to be worn.
    -now that im 27 i already trained myself into the reflex of ducking when im in doubt about being able to pass underneath a door or other things. that said, i bumped my head a lot(and often quite hard too) when i was at around the age of 17 to 19, because i grew like 20cm a year back then and i didnt get used to it fast enough.
    also, many people seem to be "scared" of me by default. not the type of scared where you scream and run away, but more like "uhh i better dont mess with that one, hes 2 heads bigger than me!", wich is also quite the bad thing for meeting new people - to top it off im also quite the introvert and quiet type, so i'm not showing much of my natural cheerfulness.
    i dont fit into most sports-cars (not that i could afford one, but they are out of the question, even if i had the money 8>)
    also this, most people seem very "feeble" and "easily breakable" to me, wich is why im handling them with more care than you usually would... because i dont wanna break them(even while im fully aware of the fact that im not able to "break" them with my normal movements).

theres some more, but i dont remember them right now^^

6 feet. IDK, some people say it's a nice height. Sure why not. I don't really care honestly.

Deleted
    I'm exactly 180 cm. I never had problems with my height.

To be honest, it was kinda good. When playing sports on school, the girls always teased me because I was so high compared to them when playing Basketball, Volleyball and all kind of sports because I could reach every part of the game. xD

So funny, we all laughed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm like 1.80, average for Dutch guys, but my friends, damn, farmer kids, all like 1.90 - 2.10, not cool man, make me feel like a little person...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm around 1m80, pro's/cons? A lot of people think I'm shorter than I actually am, untill I stand next to them
    But whenever I meet some holland dude's I'm like miniature sized, I'm not kiddin, walked into a dutch bar with a mate of mine who can be concidered a tall person.
    He and I where the shortest men there, I can tell you thats really uncomfortable, thats why I don't go to dutch bars anymore (that and there crappy beer ;p)
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Deleted
    165 cm, people think I'm 15 when they see me when I'm in fact 18. Kinda bums me out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Not being able to reach certain shelfs in stores, can barely see anything if at a concert and not sitting on someones shoulders, have to show legitimation when buying simple painkillers which are not on prescription due to people mistaking me for a teenager, had staff at Systembolaget think I had a fake I.D once aswell

It sucks.

e: @ 156 cm, think it's about 5'1
    Move to southern India, or south-east Asia, and people will think you're really tall...
    (me: 171, slightly below average, so rather don't care about it much)

10+ Year Old Account
    5'5", but because I'm so short, I can pack on muscle quickly... At 20, I'm already 190 lbs, 9% bodyfat.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

6ft 4 inches/193 CM.

Perks: I can reach high stoof.
    Cons: Hitting my head on just about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    I'm around 1m80, pro's/cons? A lot of people think I'm shorter than I actually am, untill I stand next to them
    But whenever I meet some holland dude's I'm like miniature sized, I'm not kiddin, walked into a dutch bar with a mate of mine who can be concidered a tall person.
    He and I where the shortest men there, I can tell you thats really uncomfortable, thats why I don't go to dutch bars anymore (that and there crappy beer ;p)
    I would love to disagree with you on the crappy beer thing, but compared to Belgian beer, everything tastes like crap!

Deleted
    5'11

Very average. Fairly comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    186cm here, and it's a mix between 'Tall enough to feel tall' and 'Two. Damn. Centimeters. Too- Much'.

Basically, the world standard appears to be 1.80, so when using a lawn mower with a fixed handle, I get pains in my lower back after two minutes. I use those carry-boxes while grocery shopping because the handle on trolleys is JUST too low, and various other minor annoyances in everyday life.

My duvet is also a few cm too short, but that's my fault since I'm too forgetful to ever by a longer one. :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    I would love to disagree with you on the crappy beer thing, but compared to Belgian beer, everything tastes like crap!
    We need a beer thread full of bears!
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 185cm and I don't feel any pros or cons

About 5'7 (171 cm).

i am 5'2. the only problem i have with my height is getting things off top shelves. also as a non-male, i dont get mocked for being short, because i am about average.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson