Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lazy and looking for a tracking addon.

Basically I'm looking for a 'tracking' addon - one that tracks buffs, with timers, and not like 'arcane brilliance' but more like 'fingers of frost' - short term buffs that have small windows to use them, procs, trinket procs, etc. I like being 'in the know' and knowing if I can use my deep freeze proc or my tigereye brew 2 seconds later sometimes makes the difference for me.

Used to be huge into addons, but as someone with typically 5-6 characters I play regularly, it grew tedious fixing addons for all my characters as I needed to.

I used to use TellMeWhen, but it grew frustrating messing with the customization by the 3rd character I tried doing it with. Then I tried forteXorcist and the issue was that the options menu for that is terribly intimidating for a new user.

I LOVE the sliding bar on forte that tells me when a spells is coming off cooldown AND has a numerical value on it. But I DONT want to have to go through and change values, pick which buffs to track, etc etc.

Is there ONE addon that I can tell it - "Look, i am playing a Windwalker monk. Show me whats pertinent' without having to black list white list whatever certain trivial things (like how long until hearthstone comes off CD...etc) and then I can use the same mod for a new class entirely?

I hope I am making myself clear here, haha. If im not please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    This shestakui you've suggested is really slick and fulfills almost exactly what I was talking about. Now I'll be playing with this (after an hour or so of reconfiguring bars since this addon seems to replace the need for bartender which I have grown accustomed to over the last few years :-P) THANK YOU :-)

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    This shestakui you've suggested is really slick and fulfills almost exactly what I was talking about. Now I'll be playing with this (after an hour or so of reconfiguring bars since this addon seems to replace the need for bartender which I have grown accustomed to over the last few years :-P) THANK YOU :-)
    Small tip, you can make more bars + there's a plus sign when you hover over the upper lip of the uppermost bottom bar.

I used to make a ui for every class by hand, but eventually got tired, after having to load/unload and even swap folders altogether depending on which toon I was going to log.

Since you seem to have the ins and outs of this addon down pat, may as well pick your brain for a bit.

Is there an easy way to keybind, ala bartender where you'd enter a binding mode and then just hover over a button and select your keybind?

Can I change the font for the UI - as in on the target frames and combat text, but not the menus and such. I like the menu fonts and would like to use that for the other aspects of the UI for a more clean and less 'pixelated' look.

/hb to change bindings
    I'll get back to you on the selective font changing

/uihelp lists most of the commands but they don't seem to keep it updated very well

I suggest using http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mik-...ng-battle-text maybe for your combat text, will also fix the font issue.

For fonts, edit

Interface\Addons\ShestakUI\Config\Fonts.lua
    Last edited by ayako; 2012-11-04 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks so much :-) cant say it enough, this addon is preciscely what i was after

Enjoy!

Remember to turn on theming/skinning for recount etc under options!

Enjoy!

Remember to turn on theming/skinning for recount etc under options!
    Wow. even cooler now, hahah, is this sorcery?

When I wake up tommorow I can post a few screenshots of my setup with other addons and how I have everything set up in options, along with an overview of the neater features as well.

Just remembered I have a vid up with the new UI.

I've made a few minor changes since then though, I'll try to summarize them tommorow.
    Last edited by ayako; 2012-11-05 at 02:04 AM.

I use IceHUD and TellMeWhen, but as you say you have to set them up yourself. I don't know about you but I'm never happy with UIs other people have set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I use IceHUD and TellMeWhen, but as you say you have to set them up yourself. I don't know about you but I'm never happy with UIs other people have set up!
    Usually this is the case for me as well...but this one seems so intuitive and every time I go 'yeah but what about the ____' they seem to have an eloquent answer for it. So far I'm loving exploring this new addon and its making switching between characters and actually having info while playing them a breeze.

Ayako, is there any way to move the 'special action button' i guess its called - the one for hour of twilight, or a myriad of new encounters (like shado pan monestary where you meditate) - right now its sitting dead center of my screen.

Also, I had it set to reskin Omen and recount but for omen, it puts it dead center as well, and doesnt wanna let me shift it around ...i worked around it but disabling omen for the time being but just wondering how to move that as well

/moveui should let you move most things

/align brings up a grid so you can ocd everything aligned together

It has built in threat meters, just enable them, no need for omen. (the threat bars in my video are the built in ones)

So, sorry to keep bugging you ayako :-P but I tried using /moveui but the button Im referring to doesnt seem to be moveable. Screenshot here, hopefully i post it properly:-P

Just to be 100% clear im talking about the big brain type icon right on my characters back

/eab to make it appear anywhere

Shift click near the border and drag

Last edited by ayako; 2012-11-05 at 03:00 PM.

Once again ayako, you come through and save my butt :-) Im loving this addon, cheers.

Once again ayako, you come through and save my butt :-) Im loving this addon, cheers.
    If you think of anything else, just let me know.

If you think of anything else, just let me know.
    Sure! I know i'm set in my ways after using default UI for so long so maybe this problem will just be fixed with time - but that little...idk, 'system' bar? the one with the computer, character icon, the raid finder dungeon finder dungeon journal etc. - is that a bar I can enable and maybe put to the side thatll show on mouseover, ala the right action bar?

I know I can right click minimap and access all those options via a dropdown menu, but sometimes I like to be able to go into the character sheet or check my guild roster with one click instead of two :-P

Sure! I know i'm set in my ways after using default UI for so long so maybe this problem will just be fixed with time - but that little...idk, 'system' bar? the one with the computer, character icon, the raid finder dungeon finder dungeon journal etc. - is that a bar I can enable and maybe put to the side thatll show on mouseover, ala the right action bar?

I know I can right click minimap and access all those options via a dropdown menu, but sometimes I like to be able to go into the character sheet or check my guild roster with one click instead of two :-P

Check those two, will be upper left unless you move it.

Sorry about the delay, going from location to location (still don't have power since the hurricane hit).

C is the keybinding for character sheet
    J is the keybinding for guild info
    I is dungeon finder
    Ctrl + I is LFR

(By default)

Also most of this can be accessed by clicking the bottom left stats pane.

LiteStats tips:
    Memory
    - Right-Click collects Lua garbage.
    Money
    - Left-Click opens currency tab.
    - Right-Click toggles AutoSelling.
    - Use /junk to configure which items not to sell.
    - Watched currency tab items will reflect onto the tooltip.
    Durability
    - Left-Click opens character tab.
    - Right-Click toggles AutoRepairing.
    - Shift-Click or Middle-Click for equipment set changer.
    Location/Coords
    - Clicking opens world map.
    - Shift-Clicking location or coords module inserts your coords into chat.
    Clock
    - Left-Click opens calendar (/cal).
    - Right-Click opens time manager frame.
    - Local/realm & 24hr time can be toggled from the time manager.
    Friends/Guild
    - Hold alt key to view ranks, notes and officer notes.
    - [Guild] Right-Click to invite and whisper, Middle-Click to change the sorting, shift-middle-click to reverse order.
    Talents
    - Left-Click opens the talent UI frame.
    - Right-Click toggles your talent specialization.
    Experience/Time Played/Faction
    - Right-Click to cycle through experience, time played, and faction watcher.
    - Watch factions from the character faction UI.
    Other options may be configured in ShestakUI\Config\DataText.lua

These options can be printed ingame by /ls
    Last edited by ayako; 2012-11-05 at 08:56 PM.

Awesome, awesome awesome. No need to apologize for delays, you are a godsend. Thanks!