10+ Year Old Account

Question Blood DK Questions.

Greetings Fellow DK's And even more so Blood's out there.

I Have a couple of question for you guys but let me start out with introducing myself.

I have been playing wow since BC(Free servers) and Wrath (live server).
    But I started playing Blood DK as my main alt when 4.3 came out.
    I have Tanked 8/8HC DS When it was "the main raid".

But before the questions a friend of mine asked me Blood DK and dual-wielding.
    Before I really thought about the question I said no. He then asked why not?
    And I could no answer him. Why is it Blood DK's don't dual-wield?

Another question: Im starting to lvl my DK up again since i will be using him for our alt team as tank. Been reading lot of post around the forum some say avoidance is EPIC in mist atm and others say stack stamina or master and some say stack everything so they are equal balanced.

What is it? And WHY?

That was all for now hope you guys will help a fellow Blood in need.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Well about mastery/stamina gemming: you should stack as much stamina as your progression boss's highest hitting abilities. (for example boss got A and B spells (A hits for 200k every minute and B hits you for 250k every melee swings) this means you should have ATLEAST 450001 hp to survive both attacks without a heal, after this health you waste the gem slots, so go and gem someting useful. Depends on personal prefference: exp/hit till cap or mastery if you are already capped or preffer mastery over hit/exp, both are viable.

About DW: while im not sure about this, but isnt DS hits less? I remember i've read about why its not viable, but i cant recall, someone should clarify this, but im pretty sure its not viable at the moment.

DS uses weapon damage without regard to an offhand, so Jarg is right. If you DW tank you end up doing much less damage which equals less threat than 2h tanking.

Edit: As for the mastery/avoidance argument I honestly think it comes down to preference at this point. Blood Shield is more active and on demand DR, while avoidance is complete DR with (hate to say it) RNG thrown in the mix. Do you like stacking Blood Shield or would you rather rely on the roll system giving you a dodge/parry.
    Last edited by -Atrophos-; 2012-11-04 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Atrophos- View Post
    DS uses weapon damage without regard to an offhand, so Jarg is right. If you DW tank you end up doing much less damage which equals less threat than 2h tanking.

Edit: As for the mastery/avoidance argument I honestly think it comes down to preference at this point. Blood Shield is more active and on demand DR, while avoidance is complete DR with (hate to say it) RNG thrown in the mix. Do you like stacking Blood Shield or would you rather rely on the roll system giving you a dodge/parry.
    I was guessing it had something to do with threat. Lets say I have no issues with threat i can keep aggro even with dual wield. is there then no reason not to go dual wield cause it supplies more self heal compared to 2-hander

Regarding the stats issue if it simply has something to do with prefference then i would go stam mastery like in cata
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    I was guessing it had something to do with threat. Lets say I have no issues with threat i can keep aggro even with dual wield. is there then no reason not to go dual wield cause it supplies more self heal compared to 2-hander

Regarding the stats issue if it simply has something to do with prefference then i would go stam mastery like in cata
    Threat is just the slight issue. Tank DPS matters in this content, and if you are DW tanking you are going to do significantly less dps then a 2h tank. Which will hurt your raid on enrage timed bosses.

is there then no reason not to go dual wield cause it supplies more self heal compared to 2-hander
    I haven't read anywhere or ever heard of DW supplying more self heals than 2h, but I'm by no means perfect and could be wrong there.

And Ucinrus put it perfectly, Tank DPS matters in this content. Unless Blizz changes their mind and adds a Threat of Thassarian type passive to Blood, DW will never be able to push the numbers that 2h puts out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Atrophos- View Post
    I haven't read anywhere or ever heard of DW supplying more self heals than 2h, but I'm by no means perfect and could be wrong there.

And Ucinrus put it perfectly, Tank DPS matters in this content. Unless Blizz changes their mind and adds a Threat of Thassarian type passive to Blood, DW will never be able to push the numbers that 2h puts out.
    Can see the issue there DPS.

So basicly i should keep doing the 2-hander mastery/stam spec as i used in cata. Fair enough ^_^ also now i know why dual wield blood sucks.

Also by using 2 fallen crusader runeforge you will get more deeps and self heal. Favorite to use when solo'ing stuff. used it alot in cata. though i don't remember loosing much dps switching to dual-wielding in cata

Glad I could help

Also, in MoP they changed the weapon damage coefficients to DS and HS. I'd attribute that to the difference you were seeing with DW between this xpac and the last.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DW was in 4.3

But solo'ing cata raids is gonna be easier now ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a quick question too and didnt really wanna create a new thread for this. Sorry for hijacking yours!

How is the Disease Damage being calculated in regards to Rolling Blood and Str/AP Procs?

Example:

I use Damage Trinkets for the extra DPS on some Bosses. Lets say Darkmoon + On Use. I cast Outbreak when both my strength proccs are up for the increased attackpower and therefore increased Disease Damage. I then spread the Diseased with Rolling Blood and Blood Boil on every target. What happens when both my Buffs fall off and I have considerably less Attackpower and I cast another Blood Boil. Do the Diseases keep rolling with the increased Amount of Damage? Or do they get refreshed with my current Attackpower Value when I Blood Boil?

Same goes for High Vengeance stacks. Should i recast my Diseases with high Vengeance and then keep them rolling with Blood Boil?

Can see the issue there DPS.

So basicly i should keep doing the 2-hander mastery/stam spec as i used in cata. Fair enough ^_^ also now i know why dual wield blood sucks.

Also by using 2 fallen crusader runeforge you will get more deeps and self heal. Favorite to use when solo'ing stuff. used it alot in cata. though i don't remember loosing much dps switching to dual-wielding in cata
    You don't use FC as a tank. SSG and SS are much better options for survivability. Considering vengeance is where most of tank damage comes from, I don't see FC providing a justifiable dps increase to pick it over the better survivability options for progression raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    How is the Disease Damage being calculated in regards to Rolling Blood and Str/AP Procs?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that no spells take snapshots of your stats anymore. Instead, they scale in real time with stats.

Deleted
    afaik warlocks dots are still snapshoted, but I don't know how this applies to DK diseases, but I guess it's the same case

Quote Originally Posted by SKOTy View Post
    afaik warlocks dots are still snapshoted, but I don't know how this applies to DK diseases, but I guess it's the same case
    I did some more research and its a mix of both. Dots take a snap shot of your stats when they are placed on the target, however when we recast the dot or use anything designed to extend the dot the snap shot is retaken based on current stats.

So to answer Reimu's question, you can apply dots for more damage with CDs going, but you are unable to roll them throughout the fight based on how refresh mechanics work with dots.

Source for DoT Mechanics: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5889309137?page=130#2593 (Under 10 posts :/)

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion of blood DW outside of a thread linked here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...will-be-locked