10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Funny, whatever the outcome will be the two parties are forced to make peace and deal with the deficit before the country goes bankrupt.
    There is some hope of cooperation in this mess after all
    Yeah, cooperation died when both parties radacalized and developed a "with us or against us" mentality. What we need is another Johnson to force things through Congress. or another T. Roosevelt to cut through all the BS.

Closest to that I can think of is Chris Christie.

I voted for Gary Johnson. Some people believe that it's a waste of a vote, but I will never compromise my beliefs to vote someone out of office.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Maybe, who knows. But hey, lets not try and paint me as a nutter who thinks the universe is about to implode because of him. Everything I mentioned is fact, and while he may not keep to his promises, and china might not increase their interest rates as much because of it, I do know that many high-profile companies around the world are preparing for the U.S. to start reducing their payments to other nations.

If you're going to start labeling people and making assumptions, you might want to get a clue on the facts first.
    Now now, don't make us look bad! Seriously, Romney is just another David Cameron: full of embarrassments and hypocrisies, and is generally a douche.

Deleted
    Can someone give me a status? Is it 201-191 for Obama at this moment?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Closest to that I can think of is Chris Christie.
    This is clearly a stereotype, but I can absolutely picture Christie yelling "You don't fuck with Jersey" when a Dem or a member of the fringe in his party tries to block something he supports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    It's 0-0 at the moment. We'll start to know more in a little over an hour.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What makes you think Romney is going to win in a landslide when all the evidence is pointing to the contrary?
    polling that is modeled on 08' numbers is not evidence to the contrary.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Technically, it's nothing. No polls have closed. However, that is how it stands if you agree on what the battleground states are. If you put PA back into play, then its 181-191.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Now now, don't make us look bad! Seriously, Romney is just another David Cameron: full of embarrassments and hypocrisies, and is generally a douche.
    Not denying that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This is clearly a stereotype, but I can absolutely picture Christie yelling "You don't fuck with Jersey" when a Dem or a member of the fringe in his party tries to block something he supports.
    Heh yeah, but i kidna admire that. When it comes to the good of his people, he doesnt give a flying fuck about party politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    I voted for Gary Johnson. Some people believe that it's a waste of a vote...
    There is no such thing as a waste of a vote. Doesnt matter who you vote for as long as you vote!

10+ Year Old Account
    well we will need in 2.5 hours when polls start closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think New Hampshire has begun reporting, according to the NYT. Only 1% though.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kind of interesting and bizarre:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...3684_blog.html

CNN just gets weirder and weirder in how they cover the news. CGI, holograms, and now using the Empire State Building as a giant dynamic elections chart.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    From wikipedia
    "In politics, right-wing describes an outlook or specific position that accepts or supports social hierarchy or social inequality.[1][2][3][4] Social hierarchy and social inequality is viewed by those affiliated with the Right as either inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable,[2] whether it arises through traditional social differences[5] or from competition in market economies.[6][7] It typically accepts or justifies this position on the basis of natural law or tradition."
    I get that; I just don't see how that is in turn a basis for fascism as a right-wing phenomena.

I would also posit that, at least in the U.S., we merely accept social and economic inequality as the result of humans being inherently unequal, and that we have set the bar in a manner that provides the lowest capable members of our society the ability, through effort, to achieve a basic standard of living, while also providing a safety net for those that are incapable. This is not always the reality, especially in the current jobs environment, and our government needs to react to that in a much more intelligent manner.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Deleted
    So, have those elections ended? I haven't watched tv at all today because all they're presenting is your elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This is kind of interesting and bizarre:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...3684_blog.html

CNN just gets weirder and weirder in how they cover the news. CGI, holograms, and now using the Empire State Building as a giant dynamic elections chart.
    lol at CNN, some people really come with weird ideas from time to time. What if a candidate wins and they turn the building in his colour and the pissed voters of the other decide to burn it? joking of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So, have those elections ended? I haven't watched tv at all today because all they're presenting is your elections.

lol at CNN, some people really come with weird ideas from time to time. What if a candidate wins and they turn the building in his colour and the pissed voters of the other decide to burn it? joking of course.
    yeah, i doubt theres some nutjobs out there that actually would do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, i doubt theres some nutjobs out there that actually would do that.
    never been to the south? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    never been to the south? :P
    neither have you apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Please avoid arguments. Its just an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Maybe, who knows. But hey, lets not try and paint me as a nutter who thinks the universe is about to implode because of him. Everything I mentioned is fact, and while he may not keep to his promises, and china might not increase their interest rates as much because of it, I do know that many high-profile companies around the world are preparing for the U.S. to start reducing their payments to other nations.

If you're going to start labeling people and making assumptions, you might want to get a clue on the facts first.
    Moderation has informed me not to continue this discussion. So I'll end it by saying I disagree with your opinion and see no facts in support of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens