Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The stupidest thing you have ever done in Wow

I just got mail... well see for yourself. Never post auctions while in a hurry!

To make me feel less embarrassed, what is the stupidest thing YOU have ever done in Wow?

Don't even know what the item is, so I can't quite commiserate =)

lmfao, I've never done anything quite that stupid.

That's a mount, mat cost bring it up to at least 80,000 gold.

I was lucky enough to get a world BOE epic, and only put it up for 10,000 gold...I don't use the AH much, so my mindset is still kinda locked into vanilla/bc/wrath prices for epics. Someone bought it and put it up for 40k

Deleted
    whilst alt-tabbing in a raid one night, i accidentally hit my autorun keybind
    i basically ran into magmaw resulting in a raidwipe ..

Deleted
    It must be when leveling my first char a hunter back in TBC. I didnt start using steady shot until somewhere in Karazhan. I think i thought it must be crap cause it had a casttimer (as a marksman back then it was i big chunk of your dps). Hahaha we all were scrubs once!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you subscribed you've already done something horribly wrong, but the dumbest thing i've ever done probably is selling BoE boots in Wrath with forgetting two zero's at the end...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Spent aprox 95k to try and get realm first engineering when it was already taken I just didn't notice it
    - Spent aprox 50k+ on PVP items via Cataclysm from players through tol'barad
    - Gave a tip of 10k to the very first player whom got the sandstone drake recipe to make it for me
    - Spent aprox 25k on the northwind drake
    - Took 425 runs of duel'boxing a hunter to get the blue stone drake from SC
    - Spent another 29k to give a person a sandstone drake out of ''kindness'' god that was bad
    - Raided DS more then I should of costing my sanity to not raid this expansion
    - Insert more here

There's a lot of stupid things I've done haha

Evocating right under Nightbane during phase transition in Kara. He landed on me and I went splat :3
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    I didn't knew about skill trainers back then so I ran with the same 4 spells (or whatever you had as a mage in TBC) untill I was level 30 or something.

But I feel like a genius compared to that picture!
    Last edited by mmoc5f651aac41; 2012-11-04 at 09:57 PM.

When I first started playing(back in vanilla) and didn't know jack squat about how to play, I ran my hunter around without a pet until lvl 17.....

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    I just got mail... well see for yourself. Never post auctions while in a hurry!

To make me feel less embarrassed, what is the stupidest thing YOU have ever done in Wow?
    Wow i bet you will get some interesting PMs in the next few days from the stupid sap who didnt do the auction right

The dumbest thing I've ever done was probably back in BWD when we were messing around with emotes and I completely forgot /kick actually meant removing the player from raid so halfway through the attempt I did /kick trying to get the kick emote and instead I removed the main tank resulting in a wipe.

Deleted
    Idk if that qualifies as "stupidest thing I've ever done in WoW", but the most significant noob moment I remember was probably when I started HC dungeons for the first time (started playing WoW at the start of cata), and doing like 2k serious dps as an arcane mage while being oom like 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Wow i bet you will get some interesting PMs in the next few days from the stupid sap who didnt do the auction right
    Well if you look at the screenshot again you will see that I am, in fact
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    the stupid sap who didnt do the auction right

I'm thinking about contacting the person who bought it, but what should i write? I can only hope he feels bad for me and gives me some gold out of pity.

once, in a naxx40 raid i thought i was talking in a private vent but i was talking in guild vent. BOY WAS MY FACE RED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing even close to OP, I've done some stupid things, but I honestly can't remember any specific cases.

Transferring all 6 of my toon (server and faction) at once to different servers (about 4 times in 6 months), in the end I ended up back on the sdame server I started on. When I started my pally tank, I tanked in ret spec with a 2 h weapon and just stunned and taunted the shit out of everything.
    Last edited by Oryxx; 2012-11-04 at 10:29 PM.

i started a paladin
    I see Stupid people!