Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Back in Wrath, I didn't know that blue sockets could have red gems in. I raided ICC with Int instead of Str on my Ret Paladin :/

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim270392 View Post
    whilst alt-tabbing in a raid one night, i accidentally hit my autorun keybind
    i basically ran into magmaw resulting in a raidwipe ..
    Haha, that's ok, same boss we were sitting around prepping before the pull and I was looking around the room just holding right mouse and panning around. Well, I didn't realize Magmaw had such a large hitbox and apparently I didn't move the camera enough...Safe to say I got laughed at for the rest of the night : /.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Haha, that's ok, same boss we were sitting around prepping before the pull and I was looking around the room just holding right mouse and panning around. Well, I didn't realize Magmaw had such a large hitbox and apparently I didn't move the camera enough...Safe to say I got laughed at for the rest of the night : /.
    Watched plenty of goblins jump through magmaw into the pit behind him our first week in BWD.

Needless to say, they learned pretty quick that Rocket Jump isn't a viable gap closer when there's a chasm of doom opposite your starting position.

Deleted
    First night on Mount Hyjal, myself main tanking. Afther a hour into the raid a friend of mine showed up with a bottle of Absint from Andorra. Never heard of it and i thought it was just some cheap Vodka or something. Not realising that it contained 80% alcohol and your smassed afther 4 shots.. about 2 hours into the raid i was so drunk that i started pulling while ppl where still running in. Wippig the raid 3 times, afther someone realised i was drunk a mage started to laugh his ars off in vent for 15 mins, afther i tryed to pull agian i was kicked from the raid and replaced lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    Back in Wrath, I didn't know that blue sockets could have red gems in. I raided ICC with Int instead of Str on my Ret Paladin :/
    I had blue stm gems on my hunter cause i didnt know much about gems back then i was such a newb everyone kept saying if i was tanking and i didnt get why they was saying it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my ret pally I got a helm with crit/haste and gemmed it accordingly... Str red gem and str/crit bonus meta. I raided with it. The base stat was int on the helm so I had str gems in an int helm on.... I should really pay more attention ro those base stats lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had my days...

- raided with Chef hat. (more then once)
    - raided with fishing pole
    - jump of cliff and died thinking I was on my flying mount.
    - went afk while auto flying and died. (more then once.)
    - went afk underwater and drowned.
    - Had growl on my pet all of ICC because I was noob and didnt know just because growl wasn't on your pet bar, that it wasn't active in your spell book. Tanks use to yell at me to turn it off and I would yell back saying it wasn't on. Derp.
    - Thought mages healed until end of Wrath.
    - thought NPC's that were high lvl saying ??? were all horde until about lvl 40
    - Stole everything from my first guilds bank and got kicked. (I didnt know better)

recently...

- raided with Chef hat.
    - wasted gold token on a boss before looking at the loot, and it dropped the only peice I could get from it. And won another with gold token.
    - Pulled Spirit Kings boss in normal raid just after making fun of the ppl who do in LFR.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 06:35 PM ----------

OP, i feel really bad for you. You should try a ticket and see if a GM will at least give you the major mats back to make the mount. I wish I would of bought it! :P
    Last edited by Laraven; 2012-11-04 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    I think the best naab thing i did was during BC

There we were, all gathered at the entrance to Magetheradon`s lair, all but the tank- who was lagging behind (i`m the tank)
    tank runs down the steps, to the door way... completely forgetting he has the storm chops buff http://www.wowhead.com/item=33871/recipe-stormchops

Anyhow, for some completely unknown reason, the encounter starts, half the raid outside, the rest jumping in, upon seeing the doors closing... needless to say we wiped, the hunters got the blame- this is where u looked at anything in range, you shot it...

Note to self, take off storm chops buff, before attempting to pull a raid boss, it could get interesting !

WHO KNEW !

Deleted
    I tried to play an elemental shaman in the beginning of cataclysm in pvp and arena. Oh boy

Deleted
    Add me to the list of "didn't know you could use the wrong gem colors" saps. Didn't find out until Sapphiron (I played during BC but only did endgame group PvE come wrath), where I noticed the tank had three stamina gems in his resistance gear. I felt stupid. It probably wasn't the dumbest thing I've done, but I can't recall any specific anecdote other than that.

A friend managed to do something legendary during a DS "let's just clear for the sake of doing something" run in the pre-mop patch month, though. We were just chatting away idly on teamspeak while waiting for everyone to get down to Yor'sahj's crib, and he wanted to ninjapull a trash pack with Frost Orb. His aim was just slightly off, though, and it went almost surgically right between two packs without pulling either. No one else seemed to notice, so I asked:

- Uhm... [name], is that thing going towards the boss?
    - Yup.
    *cue deathly silence on Teamspeak as everyone suddenly notices the orb*

Then panic mixed with hysterical laughter broke out as Yor'sahj and all the five (six?) trash packs ran towards us. We still joke about it. Then again, we joke about everything out of the ordinary that ever happens. Still, it was fun.

rerolled death knight in wotlk.
    i played ret for all of TBC and was so annoyed that my near useless spec that took skill and finesse got turned into a 3 button win spec. i really enjoyed deathknight, but looking back now, i really wish i just stuck with my paladin the whole time.