Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

WTF? This Penguin...

So there is a penguin that is the first comepeditor of rank 2 in Brawler's Guild on the PTR, as melee and DK, it's incredibly hard to beat this compeditor since once he's close to you, he'll instant kill you, he runs fast, you can't slow him, all you can do is direct attacks to knock him back and all I can do is Howling Blast and Icy Touch to hit him, as I can't go near him and hit him. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, something that you'll have to come up with a strat to kill.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, a penguin. Anyway, you might want to consider getting the Chilblains talent to help you with kiting.

He runs VERY fast so he's going to be incredibly difficult to kite, but he does knockback when he's hit by any direct damage. Easy for casters I'd imagine if they're not using DOTS, I'm not entirey sure how easily melee will be able to hit him before he's close enough to insta kill you.

Can't wait to try this fight on my Rogue :/
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR is PTR for a reason, to test these things and see whether or not they're overtuned. This seems to be the case if it's capable of one-shotting then I fear melee won't be able to do it and they might just have to tune it down.

Deleted
    The penguin does not care about your chilling attacks.
    Its a penguin after all.

Sounds like fun!

edit: I seriously hope this stuff won't get nerfed before I actually get the chance to do it!
    Last edited by Ethes; 2012-11-04 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The penguin does not care about your chilling attacks.
    Its a penguin after all.
    This post made me so happy

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So he's like the Tonberry King but on crack.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs, especially Frost DKs aren't strictly melee. You have an arsenal of ranged attacks, slower than a combination of spells and melee hits, but you do have some range attacks (god do I know as a Holy paladin).

I hope they'll mix up the fights that makes a player think outside the box to down a boss like that. None of this race in and do it by the numbers deal. Making you judge what's hitting you and how to counter it while you bandage for the nth time. Would be better if the debuffs and more were random, too. So you never know how it'll be the next time.

A thinking game.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    is that a ffx reference? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    is that a ffx reference? :P
    Final Fantasy anything reference.

I foresee it will eventually turn into a training dummy like the rest of the mobs in the game, since difficulty isn't part of the equation anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    DKs, especially Frost DKs aren't strictly melee. You have an arsenal of ranged attacks, slower than a combination of spells and melee hits, but you do have some range attacks (god do I know as a Holy paladin).

I hope they'll mix up the fights that makes a player think outside the box to down a boss like that. None of this race in and do it by the numbers deal. Making you judge what's hitting you and how to counter it while you bandage for the nth time. Would be better if the debuffs and more were random, too. So you never know how it'll be the next time.

A thinking game.
    I believe DBM and the like took care of turning that into one of those "button sequence" games in which you just repeat the sequence in order.
    About as random as playing the same guitar hero song over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    I foresee it will eventually turn into a training dummy like the rest of the mobs in the game, since difficulty isn't part of the equation anymore.
    Go fight a Pandaren elite as if it were a training dummy and come back to report your success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Go fight a Pandaren elite as if it were a training dummy and come back to report your success.
    Doesn't even have to be an elite. The normal rares can hit for over a million damage if you're not paying attention or have slow reflexes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    That sounds like a horrible horrible time to fight right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they changed it, the OHKO attack is not instant and is very easy for melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    this rant/QQ/whine or whatever you want to call it (i'm not saying anything) proves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

death coil?

Deleted
    Did they remove death coil from frost or change it that dramatically? seems like a nice gap filler. Also: raise dead and army, for as long as it helps.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 01:27 AM ----------

By the way...isn't it stunnable or anything?