Deleted

Question Tips for Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Any idea how to kill Menders and other focussed adds as fast as possible from an elemental point of view? We used to cc two Menders and nuke one, but is it better spread only CL or use normal "rotation" switching LB with CL?

Then, to mitigate Rain of Blades, which first tier talent do you pick?

Other tips will be well accepted

Raskol

Worked on it tonight and dint have any trouble with adds, using spears only for CC.
    We cc'd 2 Ambertrappers and 1 Blademaster and 1 Mender.

The 4 mobs that were up were focus interrupted and cleaved/aoe'd to oblivion. Kill all 9 at the same time, remembering to focus some single target onto the Amber Trapper cuz its only 1 mob being hit by the aoe.

Deleted
    We cc'd 2 Mender 1 Blademaster and 1 Ambertrapper. 1 Of us had to focus on the Mender to interrupt it. At all wie cleave the Amber fast as possible. When the Ambertrapper die we break the cc and got the other to cleave. They die really fast an so we can dps the boss.

You can see it all at my vid: watch?v=4IboPT2hHdk

So i have don't the rights to post Links you must copy that and paste it after youtube.com\

Hope it helps.

MFG Syzon

my guild CCd 2 trappers, and 1 blademaster, everyone else got tanked ontop of the boss and we just cleaved all that crap down.

put 1 melee on each mender for interrupts

Deleted
    this is how my 25m guild did it
    we cc´ed only 1 blademaster (they all charge the same target so if 3 are up -> if you are unlucky, they can kill a player ... then we put 1 melee on every mender except for one which had the tank and they kicked their heals, everytime they buffed the other adds, one of the kickers called it in and SP mass dispelled it, otherwise we AOE´ed and cleaved them through the menders and then the trappers, after aoe all off them, we just killed the boss the start was a bit hard for tank healers as the tanks get a shitload of dmg, but in 6 healers its pretty much healable, after the adds are down, pull the boss into the middle, spread around the boss and wait for third knives, pop bl to make them for the healers a bit easier and kill the boss

My 10-man guild did it abit differently it seems. Nice thing about this boss is that you can actually do it many different ways

We CC'd 1 mender, 2 blademasters and 1 trapper. 1 tank picked up the boss and one mender, and he would interrupt that mender. Second tank picked up the rest, 1 mender(which he interrupted), 1 blademaster and 2 trappers.
    We started with focus/cleaving from the Blademaster. Usually the blademaster died first, which meant that 2 CC targets would die with it, meaning we had no CCs breaking when that pack died. After that we cleaved from the boss, but made sure that both packs went down at the same time. After that we only had boss left to deal with.

For the CL/LB question the OP had, i cleaved throughout the whole fight, but kept normal rotation on blademaster in the start, just using CL instead of LB.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for healing this fight on 10 man. Healing with a Druid and Monk. We actually killed it last night but my healing was absolutely terrible (Something that I'm not really happy about). We would've been a little bit better off healing wise but someone accidentally hit a wind bomb with 3% left, popped ankh and did what I could...

Basically what I'm doing is dropping UE+HR every chance I get on the melee and dropping HST on cd, keeping ES on the tank and HW/GHW the tank when needed. I don't really use any CD's in the 1st phase due to not needing them, we don't really take an insane amount of damage in P1 even during Rain of Blades. Between all that plus I am trying to purge as many quickening from the boss/elite blademasters (our SP has been doing this mostly but it's killing his DPS so i've been trying to help) and to keep my Amber Trapper hexed. Just feel like I could be healing better on this fight.

(UGH, just noticed that unfortunately I logged out in my PVP enhance gear last night...fail)

Use HS instead of GHW, always has a faster cast time, plus it's more likely to give you mana back due to crits. No need to keep a Trapper hexed, that's why Blizz gave you 4 spears to cc adds with. Have 4 of your dps make /cast @ focus macros, and focus whichever 4 adds you want.

I do exactly what you described as your healing rotation, though HR is kinda unnecessary if melee don't stand in pools/his sword. You can get away with LB spam til P2 if your other healers are any good. Don't really bother purging quickening, let a priest mass dispell if you have one. If not, it doesn't really matter too much on reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Use HS instead of GHW, always has a faster cast time, plus it's more likely to give you mana back due to crits. No need to keep a Trapper hexed, that's why Blizz gave you 4 spears to cc adds with. Have 4 of your dps make /cast @ focus macros, and focus whichever 4 adds you want.

I do exactly what you described as your healing rotation, though HR is kinda unnecessary if melee don't stand in pools/his sword. You can get away with LB spam til P2 if your other healers are any good. Don't really bother purging quickening, let a priest mass dispell if you have one. If not, it doesn't really matter too much on reg.
    Agree with this. Not a whole lot of healing to do in p1 in this fight, so if you're 3-healing it then either all of the healers are going to be doing "meh" healing (on the meters), or 1-2 of the healers will just be healing/shielding faster than the other one and the last guy will look like he's just dead weight.

I would recommend you 2-heal it if not for healing in p2 being kind of a bitch... but you've got a priest anyway and disc dominate that phase so you should be fine even then (disc+rsham would be the best combo out of your choices in my opinion; with the shields and bonus shammy HPs the phase 2 aoe should be really easy to deal with).
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."