Swift Windsteed's Animations Updated

They just updated the animations from the first version they had on the PTR. If there's already a thread about this change please delete .

That ground running animation looks....nauseating..... I thought this guy had the same rigging as the talbuk or the horse, but that ground running is just funky. The mountspecial's pretty neat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    That ground running animation looks....nauseating..... I thought this guy had the same rigging as the talbuk or the horse, but that ground running is just funky. The mountspecial's pretty neat though.
    I thought the same thing. Main reason I posted it here is to see what other people had to say about that bouncy run :P.

Looks like the druid stag form run.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Looks like the druid stag form run.
    To me it looks way more crazy than the stag form run unless the 100% run speed makes it look much weirder.

Looks like it needs to be taken to 80% of the speed it is playing at to be honest

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's no different than the Headless Horseman's mount.

When on the ground, it has this choppy run that is like it isn't taking full strides, but when it gets into the air, the strides become full and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Looks like it needs to be taken to 80% of the speed it is playing at to be honest
    Yeah, the run animation seems to be the same it's using in the air, but on the ground it's going at least two times as fast. Hopefully it'll be changed to the same pace it uses while flying, 'cuz the animation itself's not bad, it's just looping too quickly.

The mountspecial is pretty cool. A little dizzying, but pretty fancy for anyone into show ponies, and a nice change from the usual rear n' roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Yeah, the run animation seems to be the same it's using in the air, but on the ground it's going at least two times as fast. Hopefully it'll be changed to the same pace it uses while flying, 'cuz the animation itself's not bad, it's just looping too quickly.

The mountspecial is pretty cool. A little dizzying, but pretty fancy for anyone into show ponies, and a nice change from the usual rear n' roar.
    Ya, I thought the mount special ability was pretty unique compared to the stuff they usually have .

That running animation looks like a dog in those boots people buy for em lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    This mount is awesome, especially with the new animations and that... interesting run. It looks like it's prancing, which fits it's appearance in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're talking about bad animations, when riding a wind serpent though the air, does anyone else notice a kind of bobbing on screen every 2 seconds while riding it?

Its kind of noticeable after a while and makes riding wind serpents annoying :S
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Pretty nice, I like the cloud under it

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Since we're talking about bad animations, when riding a wind serpent though the air, does anyone else notice a kind of bobbing on screen every 2 seconds while riding it?

Its kind of noticeable after a while and makes riding wind serpents annoying :S
    Wind serpent...? The winged snake mobs/Hunter pets? You can't ride those....

You mean a Windsteed? Or a Windrider? Or maybe a Cloud Serpent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Wind serpent...? The winged snake mobs/Hunter pets? You can't ride those....

You mean a Windsteed? Or a Windrider? Or maybe a Cloud Serpent?
    No I mean Cloud Serpent, my mistake.
    #boycottchina