Elegon 10 normal disc: which stats? :D

Hi guys/girls,

Our resto tree couldn't make it to this week's raid, and me been usually shadow will be healing Elegon. We are still progressing on it, doing 4 and then 3 orbs, best attempt is 25% because we didn't realize last week that...you suppose to bring the pillars down low then have them killed at right around the same time to minimize amount of adds...(we been killing them one at a time, which explains the fails)

Anyway, this week will be different. So mechanics aside, I'm wondering which spec to go. My current os is holy, running around with 9.7k spirit unbuffed, with mastery stacked. I want to try disc for this fight, because I don't think our dps is there, and shaving off extra hp off the dragon during low damage phase might be worth while. I was told absorb doesn't get buffed by touch of the titan, so...I'm not sure if mastery is the best stats to go. I use to run crit heavy build in Cata, and that worked rather well, could that be an option? I'm also considering haste, but I feel stacking it will just make me oom faster.

The other healer is a holy paladin.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

mastery stacking is a good idea for the most part imo for disc, this fight being a good example of why. You can make good use of spirit shell on this one for the explosions from the robot adds as well as last phase as a cushion so your pally can get heals out to stabilize the raid. Also, I suggest doing 5 then atleast 4 add waves if you can manage since that makes the last phase fly by and you're less likely to lose people then wipe

Ah I wish we could to 5 and 4 but that seems a bit out of reach. We sometimes fail at 4-3 even... and would only get 3-3 and wipe. Our dps are a fire mage, 2 shadow priests, a hunter, and 2 warriors. We do have a warlock standing by as well as an elemental shaman. But our warlock is a fresh 90 so he's seating at 465 and the ele. shaman isn't pulling good numbers on overall dps (60k...)

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I don't think going disc is a good idea for your group.

With no druid or shaman in your setup, you're going to have massive healing problems in the last phase, especially if you have lacking DPS already. Your group won't have a single raid cooldown - no Tranquility, Divine Hymn, Spirit Link, Healing Tide or Revival. For a group that struggles on DPS, that's pretty deadly, in my opinion. At least if you had a druid tank they could Symbiosis to a shadow priest and give them Tranquility, but you don't have that option.

You can still dps as Holy in Chastise Chakra, just get smite and holy fire glyph. Holy fire does a lot more damage than disc's version and your shadow spells are more powerful. You'll easily add a decent amount of dps towards killing those orbs.

Deleted
    I would say Spi, Crit, Mastery. Attonement is extremely helpful in this fight, you stack archangel, and then spirit shell all raid

You should be able to do more than 4 - 3 I think ... make sure you have your tanks killing the orbs as well. As for disc, barrier helps a lot on the last phase, and you'll just be popping all your CDs (make sure you have 5-stack evengilism ready) and spamming PoH, so mastery will help there, as will crit.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    I don't think going disc is a good idea for your group. With no druid or shaman in your setup, you're going to have massive healing problems in the last phase, especially if you have lacking DPS already. Your group won't have a single raid cooldown - no Tranquility, Divine Hymn, Spirit Link, Healing Tide or Revival. For a group that struggles on DPS, that's pretty deadly, in my opinion. At least if you had a druid tank they could Symbiosis to a shadow priest and give them Tranquility, but you don't have that option.
    I really agree with Emni on this one. The healing bonus will see a lot more benefit from holy plus the CDs. If you guys are pushing 4 adds on the first go around, you really need to push 4 on the second cycle as well, giving you 10 stacks of draw power on the boss. If your DPS can't do that, then you won't be able to outheal the damage in the final phase and/or will hit the enrage timer. It sounds like you haven't really made it into the final burn phase to see how crazy the healing can get. You need really strong AoE healing to keep up. The minute someone gets low or you get behind, they're dead. The constant ticking damage means there's no catching up unless you have big healing CDs as Emni mentioned.

Distribute the DPS so that you can always get four charges. If someone is weak, put them on a charge with a tank. Make sure your spriests are using cascade. It will hit all of the charges and pillars. Save CDs for the fourth cycle of charges to make sure you get them down. You need to get 2 protectors in p1 and 3 protectors in the second p1 or your DPS is too low. Once your DPS can do that, then you should be fine. Elegon is a rough dps and healing check. If you are lacking either, you will wipe.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-11-05 at 09:16 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    I wouldn't go all out mastery on this fight... try to get some haste too since atonement really doesn't benefit that well from mastery. I just reforged all to mastery except my haste items so I have a good amount of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    doing 4 and then 3 orbs
    Dont worry about healing, your not going to beat the enrage like that. Our guild beats enrage by ~35 seconds by killing 4 and 4 (10 stacks of debuff) and we have all 6 dps over 90k, 2 over 100k and both tanks doing close to 70k. When we were killing 3 and 3 or 4 and 3 we were hitting enrage