Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Here's an question that I have always wondered about. When using WoL's to see who is getting hit by what ability, how do you separate who is actually failing to avoid the ability, and who is just standing in it to die.
    Just don't stand in them to die when wipe is called. Wait until they're over and get wrecked by something else (Exhale, melee, F&V). I can't bring myself to get hit by a mechanic that is as easy to dodge as that. Also, as I said, Attentuation after F&V is not hard because nobody should be taking damage. Healers can just get HoTs out while doing the sidestep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Camera max distance macro and top-down view. Hell you don't even need that as melee, just be 5 or so yards away and circle-strafe while doing your full rotation.

Honestly it's the easiest mechanic in the fight since people can take zero damage. Unless people derp, it's a nice regen time for healers. I always get happy when he bugs out on the Attenuation platform and sits there until 75%.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 03:56 PM ----------

Maybe if there's a DC but people need to learn how to do the mechanic. Those HoPs are better used on Force & Verve.
    Idd agree - but you just cant teach some people :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    If they really cant do it, then you may consider HoP ing them (clemency is a useful talent to pick up for pallies).

One of our locks dc'd midfight during this phase last night and a timely HoP from me meant he took no damage.

Just a thought.
    HoP makes you immune from physical damage only. I thought Attenuation was spell damage?

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't stand in them to die when wipe is called. Wait until they're over and get wrecked by something else (Exhale, melee, F&V). I can't bring myself to get hit by a mechanic that is as easy to dodge as that. Also, as I said, Attentuation after F&V is not hard because nobody should be taking damage. Healers can just get HoTs out while doing the sidestep.
    Wiping fast > having a numerical representation of who is failing.

The faster those of us who can't get Out of Combat die, the more chance that those that can will live and we can get a mass rez off for a quick recovery time between attempts. Nothing is more frustrating for me on a night of attempts when I call wipe and there is still people who don't have an ability to take them out of combat, dodging mechanics, and trying to run away.

@Yzyz- All damage on this fight is physical( cept maybe the gas)

Attenuation — Imperial Vizier Zor'lok emits a dizzying series of sonic rings that travel outward from him in a spiraling pattern. Sonic rings inflict 125,000 Physical damage to all targets in their path.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    HoP makes you immune from physical damage only. I thought Attenuation was spell damage?
    You thought wrong.
    Everything the boss does is physical.

Wiping fast > having a numerical representation of who is failing.

The faster those of us who can't get Out of Combat die, the more chance that those that can will live and we can get a mass rez off for a quick recovery time between attempts. Nothing is more frustrating for me on a night of attempts when I call wipe and there is still people who don't have an ability to take them out of combat, dodging mechanics, and trying to run away.
    You were the one who wanted a numerical representation of who is failing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    You thought wrong.
    Everything the boss does is physical.
    Good news everyone! Now I'll be able to save a life or 2!

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

10+ Year Old Account
    You were the one who wanted a numerical representation of who is failing.
    Yep, which is why I ask if there is a way to do both :P

Ensidia Fails. Great add-on. We spent one night wiping on this, I gave the 4 ppl havign issues crap, updated the add on, told them to watch a vid and we one shot it the next night. They need to watch a vid learn the pattern and not suck

10+ Year Old Account
    - The bunny is your raid.. the legs are the boss. Do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Good news everyone! Now I'll be able to save a life or 2!
    As pally tank just pop HA and soak those rings like a baws! or someat

Deleted
    Zor'lok has the hitbox of Dalaran. If your failing DPSers are playing melee classes, it's good to know that you can put quite the distance between yourself and the boss and still be able to damage him. This is preferrably where ranged should stick around as well (at least when Attenuation is happening) since if they're too far away from Zor'lok, the rings can easily chip off their HP when bouncing back from the walls. Also, the rings always travel in a circular pattern, so just moving either to the left or the right in the same direction as Attenuation does will help you dodge all of them without bigger issues.

Get them to pick up speed increases for the phases, we only had like 6 (if im correct) the entire fight so not hard to cycle a few, if they r waorried mitigation cd's can be used but as always more and more practice always helps. Even if they r melee get them to move away from the boss a bit, really helps with the movement so they arent spawning on you
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    We had that issue on 25 man too, we found that a disco priest with spirit shell helps keep alive those with more issues than most, just practice mostly.

Bad players bad. This is pretty similar to alysrazor tornados. Just dont be mentally challenged and 99/100 times you will take 0 dmg, 1/100 times u might take some to loss of concentration or lag. Anyone at 10/90 or worse dont deserve to raid anything but lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please excuse the quality of this diagram, did it on my laptop's trackpad lol,

But this is roughly what the sweet-spot looks like:

I know the Discs don't spiral as you'd like to imagine looking @ the diagram, but as they spawn they fan out in a spiral-like pattern and you can safely and easily strafe smoothly either left or right depending on which way they come out!
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Here's an question that I have always wondered about. When using WoL's to see who is getting hit by what ability, how do you separate who is actually failing to avoid the ability, and who is just standing in it to die.
    You can click and drag an individual attempt on the graph part of the "damage done" subsection, right click, and select "Set Page to Selection." As long as you have an idea when in the attempt the wipe call went out, you can roughly approximate where the selection should be by the very useful "player X died" bars, or even "NPC X died" bars. I used the latter to look at our DPS pre-adds dying on Wind Lord, and post. I'm using it right now to analyze our DPS on Amber Shaper in the different phases (this is a bit more complicated because I'm tracking expressions in the log browser for when the monstrosity is summoned, but same general idea).

Deleted
    Sorry for the delay in the response, folks and thanks a lot for the tips.

Got them all the diagrams and a video of a rogue just doing that particular phase so, after a couple wipes tonight, they all got it right.

Just telling them to have the camera "looking" at the ground and having them watch the video (where said rogue does the circling) made it click. But if you still have someone failing, then using Hand of Protection can be very useful (in the kill I didn't have to waste it on Attenuation so I always saved it for an extra panic button during Force and Verve).