Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    It basically comes down to them having a weak ego, and needing to be able to crush someone without the possibility of them being beaten.

Instead of getting the gratification of beating someone on equal footing, they get that feeling from basically stomping on the defenseless.
    Shut up, Dr. Phil. Wipe your teary eyes. I could go:
    "You are weak and lack self confidense, probably because you never had any friends as a child, your father was a drunk and your mother did not care enough for you. Your only real guardian was a grandparent who died early in a hit-and-run car accident. Now, the way this unfair universe treats you is too much to grasp. It makes you feel bad and you need to seek comfort in half-assed, self-made "facts"."

I am just as wrong in this statement as you are in yours. Now move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Why do people, knowing full-well the rules of and what to expect on a PvP server when leveling a new character, feel in any way, shape or form like they're entitled to some kind of free pass from those rules?
    Because even 2 months ago, people paid to get on heavy faction favorable PvP realms to avoid being ganked while leveling.

Now that's not the case anymore.

BTW, with ganking be careful what you wish for too. I rolled a toon over to a PvP server an a level 78 flew down and ganked my level 58 DK straight out of the Plaguelands. In return I transferred 22 pieces of BoA gear over as a consequence. Keep doing it, and it no longer will be free food, and we'll be returning to the PvP whining, "nerf x class as they're OP!!!" as you chickens don't have anymore victims.

Want to be tough. Want to be considered uber. Actually fight like kind (or something more challenging...heck, I like killing Rogues). Anything less, it's just players who can't play worth a darn anyway.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    It's WarCraft, isn't it? All's fair in war?

Pussies.
    If all was fair in war, then we wouldn't have criminals of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So the thought never crossed your mind that a player 30 lower than you are, maybe wants to pvp with a player of (around) the same level?

What you are saying is basically:
    1. Only roll on a pvp server if you are max level (transfer to it, don't level on it).
    2. If you're on a pve server, turn pvp on only at max level

So, basically you are punishing everyone on pvp servers and pve servers, with pvp on for not being cap level?

I hope you see how bad tour argument is, in reaction on my post which you quoted?
    What's actually being said is this - "Being PvP flagged always comes with the attendant risk of encountering a PvP situation that you can't handle. It is an agreement that you are willing to engage in PvP, but you do not get to decide the terms of that PvP."

Deleted
    Why do you people seem to think that killing lowbies equates to zero skill? Let me reiterate killing lowbies is not pvp its is a fun little diversion that playing on a pvp server grants. If you are the mentality that a video game upsets you so then i may have to say that you need some help.

For your information i have played 2.2k rbgs as warrior 2 seasons ago and have played between 1900 and 2.1k rated 3's as enhance shammy and sub rogue. I am not teh best player to play wow but i can quite readily hold my own against most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    Same reason bullies exist, to feel better about themselves through other's misfortune.
    There you go. I personally like following them and cheering for their accomplishments.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Simple because this is a code that we do

Red = Dead

However I do have some humanity in me to not hunt people / Low levels for hours and hours however if I see you on sight when doing dailies or such you are going to die.
    That's it. Red = Dead.

it's fun to kill low lvl players or bad geared players

has nothing to do with ego, its just fun, and fun is a point of view, in this case the ganker.

i wont go out of my way to kill some lowbee, but it i pass them on my way from a to b or they are in the same space/zone then they should just flee not expect i wont touch them thats just wishfull thinking

i picked a horde on a pvp server not to play the honerable knight you know.

i play on a pvp server because i want to be a dick and get dicked...if you cant take the heat move to a pve server
    it works the otherway around too, i get ganked or camped and i dont complain too, because its what i/we choose

It is WARCRAFT. Alliance vs Horde, see each other, engage, kill, despite lvl or race or class. That is the game. Shut the heck up with the 5 year old whining and get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    This comment shows all the complainers up for the crybabies they really are. You belong on a PvP server, all those others don't.
    For me the biggest thrill in this game is leveling on a pvp server always having to watch over your shoulder. I knew what i was getting into when i rolled on a pvp server and i most certainly havn't been disappointed.

I have been killed 3 times yesterday by 90s allies when I was in my level 40 alt.

I think it is stupid attacking someone who can't defend themselves. I could bring my 90 and kill him, but I hate PVP interfering with my PVE. Of course, give me enough pressure and I will bring a whole group to camp his corpse for hours, but generally I don't want to be bothered.

Also, for that flawed arguyment saying "roll a PVE server". I gladly would, if PVE servers didn't suck. In my region, the only decent server is PVP... The PVE servers are so bad, that I once went to kill the Sha of Anger on their server and the group wiped. Yes, they wiped on the SHA OF ANGER. Unbelievable, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    If all was fair in war, then we wouldn't have criminals of war.
    Camping and ganking aren't crimes.

Deleted
    Recently I moved to horde and i was farming some herbs when I see a level 85 human warrior with PVP on, I automatically assume he has just killed one of my horde breathrin so I kill him. That's all I killed him he died I left I don't see he need in camping on him for hours because what's done is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always giggle at the statement "don't like getting ganked? then why did you choose to play on a pvp server?"
    How about I introduce you to a scenario where a person who strongly dislikes world ganking (ganking != pvp.) has to play on a pvp server. Friends.
    When I first started playing WoW, I started with my best childhood friend, who played at Skullcrusher EU. PvP server. He was already well-established on that realm so transferring to a non-pvp server was not an option.

About a year later that friend had quit, I had stopped raiding with my guild and I re-rolled with some new friends. They voted pvp, I voted pve. That was 4:1, pvpve.

Oh and I have anger issues. I can't even recall all the times I've gotten absolutely fucking furious at retards who decided it was fun to not let me quest on my alt. I hate PVP realms. I really, really do. But do I have a choice but to play on them? No.

Ganking isn't pvp. Two people of roughly equal level and gear, bumping into each other and having a noble fight to the death, THAT'S PVP. Hovering 50 meters over a questing hub with your lv90 for hours upon hours, one-hitting everything that comes into sight... that's not pvp. Anyone who classifies that as pvp should do some serious consideration when it comes to the quality of their logic.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

10+ Year Old Account
    because its fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Also, for that flawed arguyment saying "roll a PVE server". I gladly would, if PVE servers didn't suck. In my region, the only decent server is PVP... The PVE servers are so bad, that I once went to kill the Sha of Anger on their server and the group wiped. Yes, they wiped on the SHA OF ANGER. Unbelievable, I know.
    Someone who rolls PvP to play PvE and says "roll PvE to play PvE, roll PvP to play PvP" is a flawed argument has to be a very confused individual.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    But do I have a choice but to play on them? No.
    I have some news for you that is going to make you very happy. You actually do have a choice.

Deleted
    I always giggle at the statement "don't like getting ganked? then why did you choose to play on a pvp server?"
    How about I introduce you to a scenario where a person who strongly dislikes world ganking (ganking != pvp.) has to play on a pvp server. Friends.
    When I first started playing WoW, I started with my best childhood friend, who played at Skullcrusher EU. PvP server. He was already well-established on that realm so transferring to a non-pvp server was not an option.

What you are describing my friend is camping not ganking. It sucks your friends can man up and handle a pvp server maybe they should share a drop of hardenthefuckup syrup?

About a year later that friend had quit, I had stopped raiding with my guild and I re-rolled with some new friends. They voted pvp, I voted pve. That was 4:1, pvpve.

Oh and I have anger issues. I can't even recall all the times I've gotten absolutely fucking furious at retards who decided it was fun to not let me quest on my alt. I hate PVP realms. I really, really do. But do I have a choice but to play on them? No.

Ganking isn't pvp. Two people of roughly equal level and gear, bumping into each other and having a noble fight to the death, THAT'S PVP. Hovering 50 meters over a questing hub with your lv90 for hours upon hours, one-hitting everything that comes into sight... that's not pvp. Anyone who classifies that as pvp should do some serious consideration when it comes to the quality of their logic.
    Wow thats a pretty little story you got there Sandy. It sucks your friends are able to deal with a pvp server. How about you take a drink of some hardenthefuckup syrup??

[tone it down, homeslice. let's play nice. -tziva]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-11-05 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted

Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. Those criteria are met in ganking, therefore it's PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    What's actually being said is this - "Being PvP flagged always comes with the attendant risk of encountering a PvP situation that you can't handle. It is an agreement that you are willing to engage in PvP, but you do not get to decide the terms of that PvP."
    You are writing this fully from the perspective of the lower lever guy who is getting ganked.....
    reverse it and look at it from the higher level ganker's perspective.

is it okay for (example) a level 90 player to keep killing a level 70 player?
    What goes around in that lvl 90's mind to do this anyway?
    I don't understand it.
    If I killed a low level char, I wouldn't feel that as being an accomplishment at all.
    I think I even would be embarrassed to tell anyone; because I myself find it a deed of a coward.

it could be that that lower level is flagged to pvp for players of about the same level? I don't know, I'm guessing here. Is this ridiculous?

Deleted
    when being bored with archeology and a red enemy dot appears on my map.

i swoop down, kill it and move on. why? cause i can.