Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    So you met these players IRL and by your observations because they gank they are assumed to be jerks? what about skill? i play in arena and decent at it and i world pvp, max levels and lower levels. You're telling me i have no skill or that i'm a jerk? you have such the idiotic arguments swirling above your head. PVP servers are meant for no holding back carnage. You can't deal with it? quit the game and whine on the forums...i'll be waiting for you.

You too with the whimsical omniscient observations that they are proven to be bullies? Pathetic man come back with real arguments before you try to explain reasoning behind a MECHANIC that has been in play since Vanilla...and let me tell you. you wont win

Don't need to meet em pretty safe to assume based on that action alone they are a person i'd never want to meet, and why wait for me in game? i'm not a level 20 you can steamroll lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're on a PvP server, then you rolled on the wrong one. I don't condone ganking myself, but if you choose to play on a PvP server... it comes with the territory.

This has been stated so, so many times on other threads/websites that I don't understand why people keep on creating these sorts of threads. You have my sympathy, Sneezeburger, but you must realize that there's no real point to this sort of discussion.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

So you met these players IRL and by your observations because they gank they are assumed to be jerks? what about skill? i play in arena and decent at it and i world pvp, max levels and lower levels. You're telling me i have no skill or that i'm a jerk? you have such the idiotic arguments swirling above your head. PVP servers are meant for no holding back carnage. You can't deal with it? quit the game and whine on the forums...i'll be waiting for you.
    It takes no skill to kill someone 20 levels lower than you. None. It's not a matter of skill or masculinity or RAAGH IT'S WORLD OF WAR-CRAFT FAGET! It's a matter of being a cunt on the internet. And I just don't get why so many people are like that.

If its red it's dead.

I did it because I got corpse camped while leveling my priest way back in TBC. So once I got to max level I returned the favor to them lovely horde lowbies

You chose to play on a pvp server so deal with it or transfer off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    It takes no skill to kill someone 20 levels lower than you. None. It's not a matter of skill or masculinity or RAAGH IT'S WORLD OF WAR-CRAFT FAGET! It's a matter of being a cunt on the internet. And I just don't get why so many people are like that.
    And this is probably the best part. Seeing them rage on the realm forums or when they would log over to their opposite faction toon and spam you with hateful comments. And then to be a real asshole you report them for verbal harassment.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-11-05 at 04:54 AM. Reason: added a quote

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do it when im bored or if im out in the zone for whatever reason and depending on my mood only ill either camp them or just keep on going

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    If you're on a PvP server, then you rolled on the wrong one. I don't condone ganking myself, but if you choose to play on a PvP server... it comes with the territory.

This has been stated so, so many times on other threads/websites that I don't understand why people keep on creating these sorts of threads. You have my sympathy, Sneezeburger, but you must realize that there's no real point to this sort of discussion.
    For some reason it makes me feel better to hear people say it. I don't know.

And I'd feel bad about repeating a thread but you can basically count the number of original/insightful threads on one hand.
    Last edited by Sneezeburger; 2012-11-05 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You too with the whimsical omniscient observations that they are proven to be bullies? Pathetic man come back with real arguments before you try to explain reasoning behind a MECHANIC that has been in play since Vanilla...and let me tell you. you wont win
    We're talking about the logic and emotion behind the action, not the act itself. Obviously attacking other's has been around in WoW for a while and I fully support it. Repeatedly attacking a low level player for your own amusement however is most definitely bullying. Perhaps if you owned a dictionary or had even half the intelligence required to Google a definition, you would understand this.

Some people aren't meant for PvP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    because you're a flavor of the month reroll

and you looked at me funny

today i was in twilight highlands, helping my friend do ring of blood. there was a horde group there, i was going to let them do their chain even though there was no guarantee they wouldn't attempt to hassle me later.

but then this hunter looked at me

and he wouldnt stop it

so i fucked his shit up

but well, the way i see it is, might as well make you cry and quit the game before you get your hunter to 90 so you can piss everyone off by using deterrence every 5 seconds and one shot macros or before you get your warrior to 90 and get to enjoy the fun that is blanket silences. i also may or may not decide to kill you, depending on what kind of name you chose.

if your name is bubblesjr, dragondaddy, oneshotmacro or contains the word "qt", you're dead

if your name could be supermurdercat, you might live. but it would heavily depend on whether or not a druid annoyed me today.

obviously, a lot of variables go into this

but i generally just feel like i make the game better every time i gank someone

however, you're probably mistaken if you think every ganker is a corpse camper that is too afraid to fight anyone their level. i pretty much massacre kids every day. today we even had some guys in twilight highlands get butthurt after we wrecked them. we assumed the warlock ran way, because most people on pvp servers are infact just bitches, but turns out they went to summon their friends.

the odds were against us, we died once

we could have logged out to play alts and post auctions, retrieve money from our mailboxes, logged back in and they would be gone... but we just rezzed behind them and batmanned them out of the sky.

i am the night, i am the goddamn batman. justice! ...throat cancer.

then we left, so that they could feel like idiots for being summoned for absolutely nothing

Because if it makes the right person have cardiac arrest from being upset, it vacates an IT position.

*keeps plugging away*

I can feel that resume floating to the top of the pile!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    We're talking about the logic and emotion behind the action, not the act itself. Obviously attacking other's has been around in WoW for a while and I fully support it. Repeatedly attacking a low level player for your own amusement however is most definitely bullying. Perhaps if you owned a dictionary or had even half the intelligence required to Google a definition, you would understand this.
    Spare the insult; there are many ways to avoid corpse camping and to easily get away from those situations (Trust me i know its easy to get away from them with my assumed half intelligence ) HOWEVER, coming to the forums and whining like a baby because poor ol me is getting camped is not constructive in the slightest. Just a cancer-fest. Learn to sneak away and quest somewhere else, learn to not be dumb about your surroundings, learn to not whine on the forums mkay?

Meh, it's not some big mystery. Killing someone in the game with ease is fun, and I do it on occasion myself. But I do sympathize with the OP. There's always a few bastards out there who kill you and kill you until you finally just leave the area or log out. I've been calling for this for years now, but Blizzard should implement a rule where you can only kill someone a certain amount of times within a certain time limit (unless they attack you first.) Something like "you can only kill a player twice every hour unless they attack you first" is a great rule I think.

Spare the insult; there are many ways to avoid corpse camping and to easily get away from those situations (Trust me i know its easy to get away from them with my assumed half intelligence ) HOWEVER, coming to the forums and whining like a baby because poor ol me is getting camped is not constructive in the slightest. Just a cancer-fest. Learn to sneak away and quest somewhere else, learn to not be dumb about your surroundings, learn to not whine on the forums mkay?
    Right. Because it's so easy to get away from a 90 on a flying mount as a 65 paladin. That's a viable option. Right?

Right. Because it's so easy to get away from a 90 on a flying mount as a 65 paladin. That's a viable option. Right?
    Mount up and fly away?

Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    This is exactly the point I was making. If you happen to be in a zone and you kill a player because they're there and on the opposing faction, ok, that's reasonable.

If you specifically go to a low-level zone to kill players who have no chance of doing anything, and you do it repeatedly for hours, that's not PVP. That's not faction-vs-faction. That's feeding a starving ego.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    However I do have some humanity in me to not hunt people / Low levels for hours and hours however if I see you on sight when doing dailies or such you are going to die.
    You mean you're going to attack and hope they have enough adds on them that they can't survive the blindside from npc damage, right?

hoping that he brings a few m8s and hunts you down for revenge =)
    is that why the gankers always hover when something their level shows up, then hearths when they are given a taste of their own medicine? That's usually how it goes, they never want a good fight, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course its still easy to get away. I've gotten away from 90s with their 310 speed flying mounts. They don't have x-ray vision they cant see past trees or behind boulders or cliffs or inside buildings or any of that. USE your surroundings to your advantage. Dont rez in open fields. Don't be dumb...The only real viable case of you being stuck is a druid in cat form or hunters with humanoid tracking...then you have to resort to res sickness and that is it. It's not the end of the world. use your surroundings.

10+ Year Old Account
    ikr

hellfire is like a warzone right now, fel iron ore stacks selling for 70 gold. i can't imagine how terrible that is for folks on pve servers who can't kill the guy whos trying to take their rock. they must just sit at the same node and wait for it to respawn or something.

wouldnt be surprised if crz was disabled in hellfire sometime soon

But hell yeah, Dungeon Finder didn't rape World PvP for no good reason. shit, im sitting in shatt right now on my pally queuing for instances myself

you're... you're not serious are you

you're playing a PALADIN

go get the damn righteous retreat glyph and laugh at people while you hearth away, its cheap as dirt and you're a disgrace to paladins everywhere if you don't buy it. it's best in slot for swag factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i pretty much massacre kids every day
    In my experience with people I've run into in game, anyone who throws around "kids" as a label in the pvp sense is generally about 15 and in the sub 1800 bracket. Just saying.

Deleted
    Your level doesn't get you killed easier - your color does (red). I don't care what level you are, if I see you I'll try to take you down. I'll never corpse camp though.
    PvP servers are like that - it's what make them stand out as more interesting servers.