Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, simple. It's a war. "If it's red, it's dead"/"If you're blue, fuck you"

You can expect this on all PvP enabled servers, and if you are flagged on non-pvp servers too.
    Though I don't see the gain of killing something with 1 hit, but I laugh when a high level fails to gank a low level. It's a small border.
    In the end, some view it as the ganker having low skills and others see it as troll.

I accept ganking on one condition, that the ganker accept being ganked himself/camped/farmed. I've seen many that suddenly rage if it happens to them, I take delight in hunting gankers and killing them in fun ways. (Engineering ftw)

Just remember, main importance, if you like doing you better accept being a victim too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I kill people in WoW because in real life they're just like Kevyne-Shandris.
    You're that mad to do so?

Post enough and you really see beneath the veneer what projection identification truly is about.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Post enough and you really see beneath the veneer what projection identification truly is about.

Post enough and you still make 0 sense is more like it.

Deleted
    No more mad than I'm at for example a mosquito. Annoyed, slightly disgusted, dispatching it with not a second thought, but not mad, angry or enraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    That's what I never understood. How is "let's make 'kill 10 boars' take twice as long" a code? It's fine if they're max level and up and moving, but why kill someone 20 levels lower than you or someone who's sitting in a field afk?
    I'm assuming you're on a PVP server.. sadly some people roll a toon on a PVP server for the sole reason of being a douche. Many of those who do, transferred a toon there to avoid having to deal with the very behavior they so utterly enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by aldar View Post
    In the hopes that one day we come across a thread complaining about being ganked thats erily similar to how we just finished ganking someone, only to realize that it is about the same thing we just did and not only do we get 2 mins of fame but we get the general satisfaction of knowing for certain that we ruined someones gametime for personal enjoyment and the fact that our actions could have such a significant effect on someone else life makes us feel connected in some wierd way but not as equals but as a god towering over youre puny low level character invading the pixels of my screen....oh dear i have typed myself into a rant...what was this about again?
    ^^ this! Couldnt hav said it better!

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    go fuck yourself pondscum im done talking to you, just be lucky your somewhere I cant get a hold of you physically after some of the insulting statements youve been coming out with towards suicide victims etc to get across your `point`(posts which have conviently now been deleted)
    Did I detect a threat in your verbal diarrhea? And which post are you talking about? Should be a gap in my post count then. You really confuse me with your justification and reactions on things never said...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Post enough and you still make 0 sense is more like it.
    It flew right over your head, but didn't expect YOU to understand it.

BTW, it's 11AM and you're not ganking lowbies. Maybe this was worth all the effort afterall.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Not as confused as boys who think ganking proves manhood.
    Eh? You're the one who tried turning this into a dick swinging contest about who does the most manly, consequence-heavy, PvP. BTW, do they send someone round to cut off a finger if you lose a space battle in EVE or do you just really, really care about your pixels?

The question in the thread title is 'Why do people still gank lower level players' and the answer is - the gankee agreed to open themselves up to this when they got flagged for PvP so the motivations of the ganker are irrelevant.
    Last edited by Soxoffender; 2012-11-05 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    It flew right over your head, but didn't expect YOU to understand it.

BTW, it's 11AM and you're not ganking lowbies. Maybe this was worth all the effort afterall.
    Nope im in work actually mate. The ganking comes later don't worry though i will get a few extra just for you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Did I detect a threat in your verbal diarrhea? And which post are you talking about? Should be a gap in my post count then. You really confuse me with your justification and reactions on things never said...
    Yo equated ganking with cyber bullying stating the side effects of bullying to be self harm and even suicide. As someone that has had an unfortunate experience with suicide thatcrazypenguin took offence to it and rightly so.

Nope im in work actually mate. The ganking comes later don't worry though i will get a few extra just for you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:08 PM ----------

Yo equated ganking with cyber bullying stating the side effects of bullying to be self harm and even suicide. As someone that has had an unfortunate experience with suicide thatcrazypenguin took offence to it and rightly so.
    Again, show we where I ever used the word suicide. You guys read inbetween lines if you want to... Funny thing though, he keeps grieving people in a game while he knows what the results can be (because he had that unfortunate experience).

QQ. You made the choice to play on a PVP server, deal with it. There are pve and pvp servers on both factions that are good for progression in both aspects. There is no requirement playing on pvp anymore since you can transfer between them now. Do I hate getting ganked? Of course, it sucks. But I know how to get away, move on, ask for help, take revenge or worst case log for an hour to get some food and rub one out. Even on the biggest pvp servers you rarely get camped and once you hit max you never leave cities anyway.

Alternatively, level in BGs or LFD. You can queue from the inn and never get touched by the bad bad man.

For the same reason people make the same threads day after day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad to come home from work, and that's your entertainment. Raid or even set foot in a dungeon. More productive, as you sure not going to make gold camping level 50s.

Also, people do it because it was done to them. It isn't some psychological issue of power and inadequacy manifesting itself in a game. I usually leave lowbies alone, but sometimes I'll be cruising through STV and slaughter a group of lowbies just because. Leveling in vanilla was a lot more harrowing and you got ganked a lot more. People now don't even quest, and even if you do it takes a lot less time. In summary: no one cares that your e-feelings got hurt because someone killed you a couple times. Roll pve and /hug the enemy if you don't like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Again, show we where I ever used the word suicide. You guys read inbetween lines if you want to... Funny thing though, he keeps grieving people in a game while he knows what the results can be (because he had that unfortunate experience).

Im pretty sure the incident he is talking about did not happen because of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    I always giggle at the statement "don't like getting ganked? then why did you choose to play on a pvp server?"
    How about I introduce you to a scenario where a person who strongly dislikes world ganking (ganking != pvp.) has to play on a pvp server. Friends.
    When I first started playing WoW, I started with my best childhood friend, who played at Skullcrusher EU. PvP server. He was already well-established on that realm so transferring to a non-pvp server was not an option.

About a year later that friend had quit, I had stopped raiding with my guild and I re-rolled with some new friends. They voted pvp, I voted pve. That was 4:1, pvpve.

Oh and I have anger issues. I can't even recall all the times I've gotten absolutely fucking furious at retards who decided it was fun to not let me quest on my alt. I hate PVP realms. I really, really do. But do I have a choice but to play on them? No.

Ganking isn't pvp. Two people of roughly equal level and gear, bumping into each other and having a noble fight to the death, THAT'S PVP. Hovering 50 meters over a questing hub with your lv90 for hours upon hours, one-hitting everything that comes into sight... that's not pvp. Anyone who classifies that as pvp should do some serious consideration when it comes to the quality of their logic.
    Maybe those "friends" can protect you?

It matters not. Your code and principles are personal, and your righteousness is your weakness.

*gankgankgankgank*

...you wouldn't happen to be in IT, would you?

Deleted
    Pretty sad to come home from work, and that's your entertainment. Raid or even set foot in a dungeon. More productive, as you sure not going to make gold camping level 50s.
    Actually its a great way of unwinding after a hard days work, you should try it sometime. Or does your holier than tho stick up the arse character not allow you to have fun?

Im pretty sure the incident he is talking about did not happen because of a game.
    Does it matter what caused it? If you have experienced such a terrible thing, I should think you should go all the way to prevent such things from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    It matters not. Your code and principles are personal, and your righteousness is your weakness.

*gankgankgankgank*
    I truly believe in karma. Today they will play the internet tough guy. But tomorrow, they'll be what they project.

There's a reason they say, "The meek shall inherit the world", not the ganker.