GoS + Soul link health change?

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed, but I have searched here and via google and haven't seen anything... Was there some change to the hp buff mechanic with GoS/soul link/voidwalker shadow bulwark? I seem to remember a few weeks ago my health shooting up to well over 200k for the duration of GoS, now I'm just shy of 170k with no change in gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been addressed, but I have searched here and via google and haven't seen anything... Was there some change to the hp buff mechanic with GoS/soul link/voidwalker shadow bulwark? I seem to remember a few weeks ago my health shooting up to well over 200k for the duration of GoS, now I'm just shy of 170k with no change in gear.
    No documented changes, and I doubt Blizz would nerf anything like those numbers without telling us. You probably need to do a bit of math by looking at the health gains you get, and then looking if it matches up with what the spells say they do. If they do then, well, you remembered wrong, which is what I assume is what's happened.

And that's very possible...

170k? 200k? Are you at level 85 or something?

It still works as before, I got 750k+ with bulwark in our 10 man tonight.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    170k? 200k? Are you at level 85 or something?

It still works as before, I got 750k+ with bulwark in our 10 man tonight.
    Yeah, I am at 85 still. My lock has consistently been a neglected class for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me that adding a 20% to 170k is pretty close to 200k...

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Something tells me that adding a 20% to 170k is pretty close to 200k...
    The 170k is already with GoS. I had remembered (perhaps incorrectly) it going over 200k a few weeks ago (For the whole duration of GoS, not just with GoS + shadow bulwark). My base is around 150k. I vaguely remember using the abilities: soul link, voidwalker's shadow bulwark (pre-sacrifice), and GoS in a combination that would increase my hp for far more than the 20% it now seems to do.

I made this thread to see if there was some change to the way this worked. As I have already admitted, its possible I'm just mis-remembering things though.
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2012-11-05 at 06:51 PM.

It depends on how long ago you noticed having 200k hp vs now having 170k hp, but at least earlier last month they *did* note a change, but not to SL/GoSac:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fel Armor now grants health, rather than Stamina.
    And the new tooltip shows 10% HP gained instead of 10% stam.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    It depends on how long ago you noticed having 200k hp vs now having 170k hp, but at least earlier last month they *did* note a change, but not to SL/GoSac:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fel Armor now grants health, rather than Stamina.
    And the new tooltip shows 10% HP gained instead of 10% stam.
    That's on the PTR; I'm pretty sure the question in this thread pertains to live.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Here's mine: 1. Normal, 2. Soul Link+GoSac, 3. Soul Link+GoSac+Shadow Bulwark

I will burn your soul.