Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought DoTs dynamically updated now, and there was no need to try to keep procs artificially running through refreshing DoTs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by dredlox View Post
    No, the point was that I personally don't use fel flame during swirlies if my dots are "charged" as it would refresh them uncharged, unless they don't have much time left. I'd rather use KJ and keep spamming MG which will probably be preferred when 5.1 hits.
    No I understood your point, my point was if you had something more than just a hunch wether super charged dots alone was > normal dots+FF. KJ in 5.1 will take care of this issue, however in the current state it is good to have a correct course of action incase you are running with a different 90 talent.

So whats the best time to soul burn ss dots and hard casting dots? Unless there isn't hard casts just fel flame?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I thought DoTs dynamically updated now, and there was no need to try to keep procs artificially running through refreshing DoTs.
    I was also under the impression but their seems to be a difference of opinion.

Personally I can't imagine Blizzard intending warlocks (or any class) to use a instant spell like fel flame just because the player gets a damage proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I was also under the impression but their seems to be a difference of opinion.

Personally I can't imagine Blizzard intending warlocks (or any class) to use a instant spell like fel flame just because the player gets a damage proc.

Procced dot's do NOT automatically update, but they also can NOT be extended the whole time by refreshing them. Do not let your self be fooled into thinking anything other.

The process is simple. You refresh, in whatever way you choose to do it, you get the stat values attached that were present at that time.

Letting supercharged proc dot's run out (or refresh very late) is good practice. Using Pandemic to increase the length of supercharged dots is good practice.

Using Felflame to add a few seconds and force Corruption and UA to update is just a handy bit of trickery, clever use of a tool, not the design intent of Felflame.

Using Felflame too much leads to time lost channeling MG and increased mana cost leading to healer pressure and again, time lost channeling MG.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So whats the best time to soul burn ss dots and hard casting dots? Unless there isn't hard casts just fel flame?
    You Soul Burn dots when you have the shards for it and need to have them running as fast as possible. If you lack shards or have the time to manually refresh, then do so. More shards for Haunt = more damage.

What addon are people using to keep up with what is procced and what isn't?

Would be nice if blizzard made dots update with the new stats on each tick not on refresh but i guess they dont have smart enough ppl in there to do something like this.
    Do answer OP i use SB SS to refresh them at start after 1st haunt its about to fall off.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    No I understood your point, my point was if you had something more than just a hunch wether super charged dots alone was > normal dots+FF. KJ in 5.1 will take care of this issue, however in the current state it is good to have a correct course of action incase you are running with a different 90 talent.
    What's the big change to KJ in 5.1?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They don't. The only time your dots update is with haunt. Dots will tick with what you had when you casted them for the duration. So if you cast them with no procs, and Relic procs, you must refresh them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Would be nice if blizzard made dots update with the new stats on each tick not on refresh but i guess they dont have smart enough ppl in there to do something like this.
    Do answer OP i use SB SS to refresh them at start after 1st haunt its about to fall off.
    Why? So you could have a trinket proc on your last tick of agony, and when you refreshed it, it would be wiped?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Just to address this point. It's likely that this is all intentional on blizzard's end, it would be far to powerful in PvP to be able to stack all dots and then activate abilities and procs and have those buff's apply to them.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Dots always automatically update when they can benefit from any debuffs on a target, IIRC. This goes for CoE and Haunt. I guess there'sc ritical mass no more so...

Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    Just to address this point. It's likely that this is all intentional on blizzard's end, it would be far to powerful in PvP to be able to stack all dots and then activate abilities and procs and have those buff's apply to them.
    The game can easily make the difference between a player and a creature so dots could update on a tick basis for creatures only, they either dont have the technology or they dont want to load the servers even more.

can you guys advise some addons for tracking procs? I was using procwatch in cata,it's ideal addon for procs,but its not updated for mop.Powerauras seems like it cant show trinket icons for procs,just that awkward lines,and i dont understand which trinket is up.
    and some addons for tracking inner cd would be nice =/

@ Fujiapples: ExtraCd I use on my mage to track ICD of Relic of Yulon and Lightweave