Poll: Do you want to see WW PvP Videos?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Windwalker PvP videos

MONK PVP VIDEOS

NOTE : This thread was started to get an idea of just how many people in the monk community cared about PvP content vs PvE content when it comes to videos and guides. If you look above the majority of people do want to see Monk PvP videos so I am going to go ahead and give everyone what they want.

*I have had a good experience so far with the mmo-champion mods when I post videos as long as they are original and helpful

Windwalker Guides / Tutorials

PvP Talents
    PvP Glyphs
    Windwalker General PvP (Arena RBG ECT)

RBGS

ARENA

Last edited by CodyEthier; 2012-10-31 at 05:01 PM.

I'd like to see some videos. I myself play WW monk in Arenas and consider myself a pretty good player (2200 with 2 different classes). I think WW monks are pretty powerful in arenas to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I'd like to see some videos. I myself play WW monk in Arenas and consider myself a pretty good player (2200 with 2 different classes). I think WW monks are pretty powerful in arenas to be honest.
    For sure! right now after our 15second max ramp up time in pvp when popping xuen trinket and 10 stack tigereye brew we can burst harder and longer then a warrior. Add in the engineering glove enchant and maybe 1 lucky rising sun kick crit for 100k+ and anything your on should be dead (exceptions ofc)

Oh and ofcourse... touch of death the second someone hits 10% is amazing ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by CodyEthier View Post
    INB4 - "NO BRO THE CLASSS SUCKS GGRLGLRLGRLGLRLGRLGLRLGRLLGRLLG SHOW ME ONE WW MONK AT THIS RATING GGRLGRLRGL"
    lmao.

I agree many people tend to throw in the towel without much substance to their claims that monks suck in pvp.

I'll admit at first with my boe pvp gear, pvp sucked, I was getting destroyed, but that's because some classes and mechanics scale quicker than others, it's been always known melee classes take a lot more gear before they start performing well and monks are no exception really.

I'm working on a monk PVP Montage with PVP related content very shortly as this is something I'm very passionate about, currently monks kick ass in pvp.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    lmao.

I agree many people tend to throw in the towel without much substance to their claims that monks suck in pvp.

I'll admit at first with my boe pvp gear, pvp sucked, I was getting destroyed, but that's because some classes and mechanics scale quicker than others, it's been always known melee classes take a lot more gear before they start performing well and monks are no exception really.

I'm working on a monk PVP Montage with PVP related content very shortly as this is something I'm very passionate about, currently monks kick ass in pvp.
    Yup, I get my pvp weapons tonight and will have the rating for my T2 from RBGS and hopefully from 3v3 as well, still searching for a good feral for Monk kitty cleave (TIGER CLEAVE) ... I have named it.

Send me a PM with your btag if you want so we can duel

Yup, I get my pvp weapons tonight and will have the rating for my T2 from RBGS and hopefully from 3v3 as well, still searching for a good feral for Monk kitty cleave (TIGER CLEAVE) ... I have named it.

Send me a PM with your btag if you want so we can duel
    On a related note. I have named BM Hunter + WW Monk: Green Bean Cleave.

I am leveling a monk right now as an alt for WW PvP, so I'm pretty much interested in higher level gameplay. Unfortunately, the only stream I found which casts WW monk gameplay is Zybak's, and to be honest he's not that very good, only around 1600-1700 rating.

If someone could come up with PvP videos or even a stream with WW Monk gameplay, I think he/she could get many viewers, because it's so rare, but I fully believe that the class has too much potential to be left untouched in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by crozer View Post
    I am leveling a monk right now as an alt for WW PvP, so I'm pretty much interested in higher level gameplay. Unfortunately, the only stream I found which casts WW monk gameplay is Zybak's, and to be honest he's not that very good, only around 1600-1700 rating.

If someone could come up with PvP videos or even a stream with WW Monk gameplay, I think he/she could get many viewers, because it's so rare, but I fully believe that the class has too much potential to be left untouched in this area.
    I stream it all the time I guess.

and I sometimes sit in zybaks stream and politely tell him how he is doing everything wrong until he gets mad (I know I am a bad person) but he is pretty funny with his hour long excuses when he loses. Oh and don't forget "WW MONKS HAVE NO SURVIVABILITY GLRLGRLGGLRGLRGL" -_-

Google my name I guess, I will put my stuff in a signature tonight I think and setup my avatar n such since I am really liking the mmo champ forums so far

I see many windwalkers complaining about our apparent "lack of survivability" among other things, I am not here to complain about nerfs or claim "Lulz u just don't know how to play dur dur dur" I do however want to know how interested just this monk forum would be in some videos on how to get the most out of your windwalker in pvp , what macros you can use, how to live against certain comps and classes and obviously how to beat them.

I made this thread a poll so I could get a pretty good idea if anyone in this forum really cares about windwalker pvp or if people only visit this forum to tell the world how they are upset with them.

I posted a few videos on the forums before and was told by the mods on the beta forums that they could stay up since they were unique (MoP Base jumping).

If you are wondering who the hell I am by this point just google my user name (real name) I guess since I know people don't take too kindly to youtube links to channels here.

*Sidenote : The reason I am considering posting them on here is because the WoW community takes months to accept in pvp what is not obviously viable. People wait for their hand to be held and someone to show them how to do things, or for someone to do something good with a class or spec before they will ever try it. So maybe just maybe with a little hand holding here and there eventually WW will become accepted.

INB4 - "NO BRO THE CLASSS SUCKS GGRLGLRLGRLGLRLGRLGLRLGRLLGRLLG SHOW ME ONE WW MONK AT THIS RATING GGRLGRLRGL"

I think that's about it, just looking for some insight into peoples interest in the monk forum because all I have saw was PVE(Not hating on pve I love it ^_^) and Complaints.
    I would kill for a guide/video. I am new to PvP but I love my monk

aye if you got any strats, hints tips, good vids post them up. I am sure everyone has already seen the monk repsentaiton on the arena ladder, I think we are at least than 1%...-not exactly screaming "WW are good in pvp" so if you have something postive for WW, we need to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    aye if you got any strats, hints tips, good vids post them up. I am sure everyone has already seen the monk repsentaiton on the arena ladder, I think we are at least than 1%...-not exactly screaming "WW are good in pvp" so if you have something postive for WW, we need to see it
    First I'll be posting what I do and how successful the WW monk in a montage, then I'll follow up with a full guide on PVP showing all the tips and tricks I picked up along the way, stay tuned Bisque!!!
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

I have updated the original post and put out a quick video on the talents. Feel free to DISLIKE light me on fire and other fun things because I am in it to get some info out there on WW PvP that isn't complete BS and hopefully make people give it a second chance before they give us big buffs ect NOT in it to shamelessly self promote. Hopefully the mods will understand that ^_^

I should have some 2k+ mmr 3v3 games as a windwalker tonight does anyone care to see those or think that arena videos would help at all?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:03 PM ----------

*facepalm* I fixed it now but when I was trying to find what video embed code I used for the other videos during MoP beta and it put the wrong video up there that had nothing to do with monk talents -_- - I changed it but that was a big durp on my part lol sorry about that.
    Rogue Guides and Tutorials

10+ Year Old Account
    Very informative, I look forward to seeing more! (If you decide to go ahead and make more Monk content!)

Deleted
    Monks are only good at pvp if the player is also very good. The average joe should stick to warriors and dks, and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Monks are only good at pvp if the player is also very good. The average joe should stick to warriors and dks, and what not.
    True, but people are just not used to the class yet and they need a bit of hand holding and we will see a bunch of monks in pvp, and even if dk's and warriors had 2 buttons that they spammed to kill people, there will still be someone who can spam 2 buttons faster and better then the next guy.

And no, I have no clue where I am going with this...
    Last edited by CodyEthier; 2012-10-31 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added a comma >_>

Yes, please, I play a Brewmaster in PvE and have WW as offspec 'cause it's faster to do quests, and I like to PvP(Not hardcore PvP, but I like to do BGs, and I like doing good), but I don't feel very confident with the class yet, and seeing some videos I'll be able to understand better my class, 'cause sometimes I can miss something.
    Ty for the initiative!

Deleted
    Awesome video. I wish they wold give some love for Chi torpedo as WW. Something like that if it hits the target it does increased damage and leaves you there. I really like it but cant use it

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Awesome video. I wish they wold give some love for Chi torpedo as WW. Something like that if it hits the target it does increased damage and leaves you there. I really like it but cant use it
    IKR! - Some people like to use it apparently but when it comes down to the facts, when you want to roll out a slow to get to someone relatively close in front of you chi torpedo is going to send you to the other side of the arena or wherever you are and you can't really stop it.

Deleted
    Cody what about glyphs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Cody what about glyphs?
    I will make that this Friday, I have to do some rogue stuff today before people form an angry mob outside my house again -_-

There really isn't too many options for Glyphs so it should be short and sweet with some more detailed examples (Hopefully all in 2kish Arenas/RBGs so they aren't ripped apart by ub3r l33t playerz).