Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wishlist:

SW:I and T14 4pc bonus needs to be changed / reworked / fixed

MS needs buffing or make some interplay between it and SW:P

No nerfs

I think shadow is fine other than short AOE encounters. AOE in 5 man 3-6 mob trash goes down too fast for us to be able to multi-dot with VT and SWP and then mind sear. Minor inconvenience.

Deleted
    I think shadow is fine other than short AOE encounters. AOE in 5 man 3-6 mob trash goes down too fast for us to be able to multi-dot with VT and SWP and then mind sear. Minor inconvenience.
    You didn't raid HoF, did you? Our weakest point is, by far, the fights with no adds. Our single target damage is just pathetic. T14 won't fix that and neither our stats.

Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    You didn't raid HoF, did you? Our weakest point is, by far, the fights with no adds. Our single target damage is just pathetic. T14 won't fix that and neither our stats.
    I have not been in HoF yet. As such my statement is subject to change.

Simpler solution. Short ATVI until Blizzard buffs aoe.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah spriest are terrible in single target compare to others, in feing we are terrible, we need fight with adds so we can get a better dps, not ncessary to get more damage with multi dots, but just to get the 15% buff damage everytime an add is dying, i cant complain about some fights, will of emperor im number 1 always with 90-100k dps not dodging, on elegon im doing 150-160k, stone guards 130-140k dps, but in feing i can barely pass 75k dps when everyone is doing 90-100k, in grand matress in the first 2 minutes im really behind everyone, i start climbing the top 10-5 when the adds spawn and i star to multidot, if u ask me, yes we need a buff on single target because we suck, if u say u are top dps in your guild on single target fight your guild dps must be terrible, i dont consider myself the best spriest in the world but i been playing this class for some years and i entirely sure we are really far behind single target fights.. like really really behiind. MB needs a buff, or devouring plague lasting longer, we need a change but not affecting pvp by this...

about aoe it depends of the strategy, in HOF for example in the 4 boss we fail so hard, that fight is just stack all the adds and aoe, if u try to only mind sear u barely do 100k dps, when everyone is doing 200k,(tanks 400-500k), if u try to dot and then mind sear by the time u finish dotting the last add the first and probsbly then 2nd is already clean of ur dots so u have to start all over and u cant mind sear, and at most u can do 130k dps when everyone is still doing 200k, in the 5th boss thats when we are gods, exactly what we need a single target boss with 4 adds every few just perfect to keep the 15% damage up... i know we cant be top dps like we did in DS or FL in every single fight, but we really really need a hand on single fight with no adds, because we suck
    Last edited by Washuwa; 2012-11-06 at 11:56 PM.

We are easily one of the weakest dps classes right now, however, we also bring some of the strongest utility to the raid. But I do agree, we need some type of buff.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    I think we do bring some great utility, but I'd like at least a single target buff.

It'd be strange to make us pay for that utility, since we only have 1 dps spec.

Also, I just looked at some warlock stream and I have to admit that I'm jealous. Gameplay and dps is just better on almost every aspect.

The only thing that seems to be keeping us decent is Twist of Fate on add fights. I don't know how we can be buffed without breaking PVP even more than it already is tho.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I think we do bring some great utility, but I'd like at least a single target buff.

It'd be strange to make us pay for that utility, since we only have 1 dps spec.

Also, I just looked at some warlock stream and I have to admit that I'm jealous. Gameplay and dps is just better on almost every aspect.
    Ya my warlock is tons of fun now
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Skimmed through the thread, so I do apologize if someone suggested this.
    An easy way for them to really fix our AoE and make sure we multidot is for Mind Sear to hit harder if the target has SW:P or VT on it.

Single target is an easy fix; Mind Flay damage increased.

I feel on fights with 2-4 targets that can not be AoE'd, we're doing just fine... Being competetive with other similar classes.

Also, I feel the T14 4-set is fine. It brings our VT2 breakpoint down to 8085, so instead of getting that amount of haste for SW:P+DP, we'll get it for VT+DP breakpoints.

Deleted
    They can buff SP dmg w/o really affecting pvp, its not our damage that people are whining about in pvp, its mostly our offhealing, and blizzard already said they were gona address that problem by having pvp power only affect dmg for hybrids(or something of the sort).

I would love to see aoe buff as we desperately need some.

Deleted
    When talking about nerfs and buff we have be carefull since even a small change can result in us being absordly OP, i heard someone say make mindsear apply SW:P, haha no way having that on say 10+ targets that would ignore the aoe penalty would just be insane, i dont have a problem with shadow dps in either single or aoe atm so im nnot not bother trying to come up with ideas.

However stuff like SW:I in my opinion needs to get completly reworked/removed/replaced but that is a minor issue.

Right now the only change i would kill for is a better dispel protection on our dots, a 3sec fear yea kinda annoying but annoying at best, what alot of people i have talked to seem to forget is removing our dots also lock down alot of our dmg output that we get from procs.

Deleted
    Divine Insight and From Darkness, Comes Light should be made baseline, and replaced with some interesting CDs. Mastery should start proccing DI and FDCL, and our overall base damage should be reduced to compensate.

That's what I hope we'll get, someday.

EDIT: and make Mind Sear work like Pestilence. Spread the DoTs out, doing 50% less damage and being unable to proc previously mentioned abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacaliga View Post
    i heard someone say make mindsear apply SW:P, haha no way having that on say 10+ targets that would ignore the aoe penalty would just be insane
    I don't see how you reach the conclusion that my suggestion of Mind Sear increasing it's damage based on if there's a DoT on the target makes it bypass the AoE cap. Mind Sear wouldn't change it mechanics, it would only get an added benefit.
    That's just strange of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigaar View Post
    Shadow Priests however look right now as if they are being left alone, this would be good if we were not in need of a buff. DPS wise we are never going to be top not in the current state, and in my opinion we lack a burst button.
    For the first time in a while now, we're balanced to be lower DPS as a trade-off for the healing we provide. Halo and Vampiric Embrace (glyphed or not) are extremely bursty raid heals - exactly the type of heal that's useful from an off-healer in current content. We also have powerful self-defensive abilities: Dispersion, Power Word: Shield, and well-timed Devouring Plague. Additionally, we come with two tank-saves, the latter of which is extremely potent: Power Word: Shield and Void Swap.

Even if we value HPS only as a 1:1 trade-off for DPS (I think the true value is slightly higher, as a good DPS provides more DPS than a good healer provides in HPS) that puts us about on-par with the other classes, at least anywhere below heroic level.