Thread: Powersave bug

Deleted

Powersave bug

Ok ill cut right to it. Me and the wife got GW2 we both have identical computers, with the only difference being mine is 1 year newer than hers. I can play the game for about 10-30 mins before i get kicked into a powersave (if you leave the computer on to long without touching it, thats what happens for the people who might not know). And she can run it fine.

But i have disabled everything related to sleeps and powersaving mode. And their tech support seems like they are giving me the run around. In everysingle reply ive had back they tell me to simply download another piece of monitering softwear, and attach it to yet another ticket reply. Im now on my 11th reply with zero sucess. So im now reaching out to the community

Using one of there many moniter things they made me download, at the bottom will be some specs for my graphics card since they seemed to initialy think that was causing the problems (i dont think it is), i am now clueless to why its happening and any help will be greatly appreciated. Can add more info if required.

Have you heard of "Caffeine?" I use it on OSX and it overrides the system mechanisms to save power etc. There is a Windows equivalent but I have never tried it.

http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/

Pretty much all it does is simulate the input of F15 (Yes, F15) every 59 seconds. I haven't even seen a keyboard with F15 yet.

Deleted
    hmm i might give that a try if they reply with more "download this" bullshit. But would that really work? i mean im in game pushing keys all the time, would a program desigened to simulate a button press stop the forced powersave?