Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Good thing Monk defensive CD's don't completely suck...OH WAIT!

Nothing like getting killed THROUGH Touch of Karma AND Hand of Sacrifice which both were both up when I had 95% health...died in 2 seconds...

Complete fucking bullshit...

Arms Warrior PvP + TONS of Wildstar videos when the NDA gets dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/ZybakTV

10+ Year Old Account
    yes. you got killed by the warrior and the Retardin. touch of karma gets removed if the damage is higher then your total health or once enough damage has been done by the touch of karma target that equals your hp. Then the touch of karma debuff will be removed. The dot wil stay for a few seconds but your immunity is gone.

So if the pala had all his Cd's up and kept full burst on you touch of karma will be quickly removed.
    Last edited by ghostblade; 2012-11-05 at 12:41 PM.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    yes. you got killed by the other 2. Touch of karma only makes you immune to the one you have touched. But the hand of sacrafice however should have given you a bit more survivability.
    That's not how touch of karma works at all, you should try reading it.

and to the OP: You used ToK at 55% health and died shortly after. You had a ret paladin with wings up + guardian out + a warrior on you and you essentially facetanked them in leather. Expected outcome tbh.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2012-11-05 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    That's not how touch of karma works at all, you should try reading it.

and to the OP: If you used ToK with HoS and died in 2 seconds that means you took 380k(depends on your health) damage whilst under 30% reduction from sac. Is the problem the monk cooldowns or the damage you "supposedly" took.
    I did read it but didn't explain it well. I have already edited my post.

No Tusk Club.

Wah wah wah. "I can't survive getting focused by three people at once by only relying on a single defensive cooldown instead of Dampen Harm or escaping or having a healer or being tank spec" etc etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    and to the OP: You used ToK at 55% health and died shortly after. You had a ret paladin with wings up + guardian out + a warrior on you and you essentially facetanked them in leather. Expected outcome tbh.
    Doing 1.5 Million damage in 10 seconds should not be an "expected outcome". I shouldn't have to worry about dying in 2 seconds after pre-popping my best defensive CD that gives me a shield for 331k for them to drop me through that and my health bar + sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZybakTV View Post
    Doing 1.5 Million damage in 10 seconds should not be an "expected outcome". I shouldn't have to worry about dying in 2 seconds after pre-popping my best defensive CD that gives me a shield for 331k for them to drop me through that and my health bar + sacrifice.
    They did 1.3 million damage combined over the entire game. You're exaggerating to make a point, If you asked me could 2 plate dps do 650k damage each under offensive cooldowns to a leather wearer that had only an absorb shield on him in 10 seconds the answer would obviously be yes.

You could have played that so much better. Leg sweep them, Dampen harm, fortifying brew, disarm, roll/FSK away until Avenging was down - you just stood there with ToK on and let them truck you, exactly what they wanted you to do. Look at the scoreboard at the end, all the damage came from the Ret paladin, they have NO mobility.

You can clearly see on the Gladius health frames that you were just tunneling their Ret paladin, big mistake to think you could do more damage than him with wings up + pet up.

I'm not going to deny that WW PvP is a bit on the weak side but if you're not going to play to your strengths then why even bother playing?

Instead of trying to understand what went wrong you've opted to complain and make an entire video out of it - how are you supposed to improve when that's your first response? Really sad.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2012-11-05 at 01:37 PM.

Agree with OP this is complete crap, i can't stand pvp atm just because of how broke it is, yes there are ways to survive, but you have to be pretty damn skilled, on your toes, use EVERY cooldown to suvive a burst like that, and the sad thing is, even after that your screwed anyway.

monk basically had like 800k hp+ with the cooldowns/sac, 800k doable in pvp within 2 seconds through resil, is fucking broke.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Agree with OP this is complete crap, i can't stand pvp atm just because of how broke it is, yes there are ways to survive, but you have to be pretty damn skilled, on your toes, use EVERY cooldown to suvive a burst like that, and the sad thing is, even after that your screwed anyway.

monk basically had like 800k hp+ with the cooldowns/sac, 800k doable in pvp within 2 seconds through resil, is fucking broke.
    Wait ... you are whining about that you need to actually have skills to play a class? ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Wait ... you are whining about that you need to actually have skills to play a class? ....

I don't even....

Ret paladins have really high burst damage. Over all, I agree that you were not playing to your strong points. Disarm the paladin, leg sweep, roll away, anything more then what you did. You did literally nothing to try and slow the incoming damage from a class with all their cd's going. Its not as much as monks are broken as you don't have any clue how to play defensively on one against a ret paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Ret paladins have really high burst damage. Over all, I agree that you were not playing to your strong points. Disarm the paladin, leg sweep, roll away, anything more then what you did. You did literally nothing to try and slow the incoming damage from a class with all their cd's going. Its not as much as monks are broken as you don't have any clue how to play defensively on one against a ret paladin.
    ^THIS
    as a WW you never try to kill someone in their bust phase. just try to survive and beat them afterwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Disarm & TOK if your focused on with CD's into a sweep then paralyze if still not enough receive HoP and teleport away. Dont forget to either macro or apply fortifying brew before using ToK for an even bigger healthpool & absorb.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Deleted
    Sure are tons of Warrior players in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Sure are tons of Warrior players in this thread.
    Haha beat me to it >.<

But ye you could have played abit more defensively - Touch of Karma SHOULD be enough to survive, but balance is so bad that isn't the case. Should be Leg Sweep > Trinket > Disarm because paladins get disarmed for 10 seconds (I think don't take me up on this), also you can FoF and do a 360turn and stun them all, roll away abit and you'd be topped up for sure. Then paralise if still getting trained hehe

I stood in fire btw.

That's what you call a tank and spank..... you tried to tank it and so you got spanked.

Nothing broken, they popped all their CDs, you had ONE cd up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZybakTV View Post
    Nothing like getting killed THROUGH Touch of Karma AND Hand of Sacrifice which both were both up when I had 95% health...died in 2 seconds...

Complete fucking bullshit...

Go back to playing feral mate, you literally have no idea what your even QQ'ing about. Just FSK away and laugh as the retadin tries to get to you with all CD's up? If the warrior charges you, disarm, roll, roll again if you must and kite with Tigers Lust?

Cannot believe that players like this have a youtube channel and a dedicated 'pvp' stream...

10+ Year Old Account
    2 seconds is not enough time to "lawl should have got away", he popped a cd to give himself ENOUGH TIME TO GET AWAY, and the warrior and pally just slapped it aside and killed him before he had time to kite
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    2 seconds is not enough time to "lawl should have got away", he popped a cd to give himself ENOUGH TIME TO GET AWAY, and the warrior and pally just slapped it aside and killed him before he had time to kite
    Last time I checked it was less than 0.5 seconds on teleport, and instant on FSK. This. Is. Not Difficult.

Deleted
    Though there are possibilities to get away / reduce the burst, the damage (and partially control / heal) of these classes is just out of control right now. Or do you think it's normal that, when there are 11 classes, those 2 + hunter make 50% of the players in the top50 teams in all BGs?

But @ topic: No, the monks defensive CDs don't suck. The biggest problem with Karma is a bug: It turns a fear to a stun, because if you absorb anything as a monk while feared it won't break. This holds true for Guard and for ToK. So if a Monk pops Karma and you have the ability: Just fear him and kill him while feared. If he breaks it: Stun him, because then he can't get out of the (ful duration) stun which is 100% his death.