Thread: Gear Issue

Gear Issue

I obtained a Relic yesterday (which is obviously great) but now I have an issue. Looking at what is "technically" better I'd go with the relic and the carbonic together. Sadly if I take off the direbrew trinket to equip the relic I drop down to just under 16% crit unbuffed (Arms is an OS for me so the ilvl isn't in the same spot as my prot set).

My question, for the time being until I can get more crit on other pieces of gear should I roll with Relic + Direbrew trinket? Or go with Relic + Carbonic and take the crit loss?

Thanks in advance.

(Also not a fan of how a lot of pieces of gear have massive amounts on haste on them from MV)

The proc from carbonic Carbuncle should somewhat make up for the loss, plus the flatout strength is really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    CCCC>Carbuncle. @taik is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    CCCC>Carbuncle. @taik is wrong.
    Perhaps different strokes for different folks but I can say with certainty that carbuncle provides me with higher strength AND crit values when averaged out over time.

Carbuncle up time is more than twice that of CCCC for me (tg fury and my data comes from actual WoL reports not just speculation or theory craft).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Perhaps different strokes for different folks but I can say with certainty that carbuncle provides me with higher strength AND crit values when averaged out over time.

Carbuncle up time is more than twice that of CCCC for me (tg fury and my data comes from actual WoL reports not just speculation or theory craft).
    That's probably due to your crit value. The higher crit rating is compared to strength, the better CCCC is. And if you're at lower gear levels, darkmaster is better, because you need to reforge less out of crit to get expertise/hit capped. Higher gear levels, you're reforging out of expertise/haste/mastery, so LOTDM isn't as good.