Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

Is this boss bugged? It says in the dungeon journal that on 10 man it's only meant to MC 1 person but whenever we have attempted it it always mc 2 people.

Secondly the force and verve during phase 2 seems to be destroying us after about 4 of them as healers are either oom or we have ran out of cds to stay alive.

Also half the time only 1 shield is spawning resulting in a wipe anyway.

Group setup is:

Prot pala
    2xaffliction locks
    Fire mage
    Rogue
    Ret pala
    Boomkin
    Resto druid
    holy priest
    resto shammy.

Any tips would be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, many bugs on that bug. Shields spawning in the middle, completely unreliable phase switching (one try we had him on 67% before the first switch. he still wanted to cast that 3rd force and verve although he shouldn't even have casted 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people are assuming the dungeon journal is a mistype and that 2 people are supposed to get MC'd in 10 man.

The Force and Verve destroying you after 4 bubbles is what is known as a soft enrage, what percentages are you getting the boss to?

The 1 shield spawning sounds like a bug to me but I haven't personally seen it. Is this on the platform or during phase 2? I know some people were having issues with the bubbles spawning in the gas during the platform bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Is this boss bugged? It says in the dungeon journal that on 10 man it's only meant to MC 1 person but whenever we have attempted it it always mc 2 people.

Secondly the force and verve during phase 2 seems to be destroying us after about 4 of them as healers are either oom or we have ran out of cds to stay alive.

Also half the time only 1 shield is spawning resulting in a wipe anyway.
    Yup we get 2 MCs, as tank I have everyone stack behind me so that exhale always hits me, then we nuke (not dot) the mcs once they pop. By far the easiest platform.

4th bubble is pretty much soft enrage, we survived it on our kill, but 5th would definitely have been bad. Have a healing rotation based on your group. ours was healthstones one first, healing tide and tranq on 2nd, personals and OS tranq on 3rd. Oh crap off heals anything you got on 4th. Domes are about survival not dpsing until you get more gear and can faceroll.

By setting flags and splitting raid into two groups we never had shield spawn issues, it happens when someone is off in la-la land, or their pet is.

If you cant do enough DPS to get off the Force & Verve platform before a 3rd cast, youre in trouble (we did this with ease after the first 1 or 2 tries - also rolling with 3 healers - I expect with practise we can drop a healer and potentially get it down to a single F&V). Sounds to me like your raid DPS needs a kick up the arse

... or do you mean the 4th in the sub 40% phase? In which case, above still applies, thats just poor DPS taking too long

Weve had 2x MCs every time, never even looked in the journal, only 1 would make it a complete non-event so I imagine 2 is intended?

Obviously single shield spawns is a bug (which thankfully we didnt see!)
    Last edited by VitesseEOD; 2012-11-05 at 03:30 PM.

Our best attempt on the boss is 15%. The boss usually switches platforms during phase 1 on the force and verve platform just after the second time he casts it.

Deleted
    I can confirm that the boss bugs, or isn't as simple as "changes platform each time at 20%" as last night he continued to cast Force and Verve even when we had knocked him down to 71% yet he was supposed to change platforms at 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    I can confirm that the boss bugs, or isn't as simple as "changes platform each time at 20%" as last night he continued to cast Force and Verve even when we had knocked him down to 71% yet he was supposed to change platforms at 80%.
    We have had him entering phase 2 at 55% too. Making it even worse to heal through.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    If you cant do enough DPS to get off the Force & Verve platform before a 3rd cast, youre in trouble (we did this with ease after the first 1 or 2 tries - also rolling with 3 healers - I expect with practise we can drop a healer and potentially get it down to a single F&V). Sounds to me like your raid DPS needs a kick up the arse

... or do you mean the 4th in the sub 40% phase? In which case, above still applies, thats just poor DPS taking too long

Weve had 2x MCs every time, never even looked in the journal, only 1 would make it a complete non-event so I imagine 2 is intended?

Obviously single shield spawns is a bug (which thankfully we didnt see!)
    Final phase sub 40% he seems to cast attinuation and force and verve one after another without a pause.

After roughly 45 or so wipes between 25m and 10m my group finally killed this boss. We finally decided to bring in a 3rd heals late last night as the last phase Force and Verves we weighing heavily on the group. Our comp was was follows:

DK (tank)
    2x Holy Pally
    Resto Shaman
    Rogue
    Boomkin (me)
    Mage
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Ret Pally

In regards to OP, the 20% transitions are not a guarantee so you really need to push dps on F&V platform. The MC's are always two, in all of the videos I have watched it is always two and the fatboss video even references that while the DJ says 1 person, it is definitely 2. We two healed this on 10m for a ton of wipes and we finally realized it was just not doable.

As far as tips go, make sure you get people not dying to stupid things. While this seems obvious, through all of our wipes we had people dying to avoidable damage non stop. Nothing can disgruntle a group more than this. Make sure you have healing cool down rotation set before the pull to ensure no over lapping on F&V. If you get the F&V platform first there shouldn't be an issue with the first two in the final phase. If you get it second the healers CD's could still be down and you may need boomkin/ghetto trank/lock cookies for first one in last phase. Let me also reiterate the fact that everyone was given some sort of personal healing cool down and they should be making the most of this ability. As I am a Boomkin I will just say that there is no reason to die to F&V. Put symbiosis on the Warlock and get Unending Resolve (50% dmg reduction for 12 sec, 3min CD). Pop barkskin on first, Unending on second, barkskin on third. They will also have at their disposal nature swiftness/healing touch and rejuv.

On our kill we had 4 F&V's and when the dumb bug died, we had 3 dps down. Beginning of the week our main group (25m) spent a lot of wipes on this and they finally decided some were too under geared for the encounter and back into MSV we go tonight. You may want to look over logs and make sure people have the right gear because especially for the healers, it is a very healing intensive encounter. It is even more healing intensive when people cannot avoid disc's, etc.

Hopefully you will just end up getting that perfect pull when everything just seems to work itself out and the bug dies. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    Yeah this would be good and all if he actually left the platform at -20% HP. We've taken him down 33% on a platform before he decided to move, the next platform he only stayed at for 5% HP meaning 22% HP to be nuked on the 3rd platform.

Deleted
    3 healing it with cd rolling, on mc phase we burnt our cds like fear hammer of justice ect so the mced players cant hit us with them, 2 mc every time, killed after 5 wipes in the 6th attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah this would be good and all if he actually left the platform at -20% HP. We've taken him down 33% on a platform before he decided to move, the next platform he only stayed at for 5% HP meaning 22% HP to be nuked on the 3rd platform.
    Yeah it really doesn't help he does not always move at 20% increments like I think it was intended. But it is just on of those things that if you cannot down it, maybe you're not meant to be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Yeah it really doesn't help he does not always move at 20% increments like I think it was intended. But it is just on of those things that if you cannot down it, maybe you're not meant to be in there.
    Tbh though whether or not he stays on the Force and Verve platform for only 1 ability or for 3 has a massive impact on how much chance you have of killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Tbh though whether or not he stays on the Force and Verve platform for only 1 ability or for 3 has a massive impact on how much chance you have of killing it.
    While I do agree. He is glitched, but not to the point where he won't transition somewhat reliably. For the most part he transitions within that 20ish%. It is just those few times when he doesn't (and it always seems to be on F&V platform) is when it messes things up. It isn't a big issue dealing with an extra Attun or Mc'd phase.

So how many force and verve should be aim to have during phase 2? Any ideas?

So how many force and verve should be aim to have during phase 2? Any ideas?
    You probably will not be able to survive more than 3-4 in phase two so I would aim for this. In a sense this is basically like a enrage timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aim for how ever many your healers can handle at the most. If a few dps have to sacrifice a little of their damage to ensure you all survive a 5th bubble, do it. You'll get another another chunk of time to dps the boss rather then losing people and falling 10 million damage short...

He definitely mind controls 2 people in 10man and 5 people in 25man.

Fucking sick of it. MC then straight after force and verve. Worst of it is he mc 2 healers making it a wipe.

Fucking sick of it. MC then straight after force and verve. Worst of it is he mc 2 healers making it a wipe.
    There's plenty of time between each ability, break them out!