Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guess honor system is helping

Article I came across on BBC's website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20204354

Deleted
    I'm glad to know that there's an article about this.

It's true that the honor system is making wonders, but, unfortunately, it's not making wonders in every servers and in all games, kind sad though, but it's really good that with this and the Tribunal, players will behave better, hopefully.

Deleted
    I've noticed an improvement, but honestly... The amount of asslicking...

Let's just say every game reminds me a comic I read:
    WARNING NSFW
    -snip-
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-05 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    That link doesn't work for me
    After pressing the fancy button, it just sends you to a page without the /honor.jpg, just add that again and it should work(at least thats what happened for me)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Link doesn't work for me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Means all you guys are under 18, I saw amazing things in that link... Or I didn't? I can't really remember.

OT: Seriously though, it linked to nothing afterwards.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I'm 18...

Deleted
    -snip-

Here, better? :P

STILL NSFW.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-05 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    What the... That's NSFW stuff Caine, you shouldn't be posting that....

Honestly I don't like it for a couple reasons. One, I can't stand all the fake BS being spewed as people try to suck up for points, and two if/when they start giving out things beyond banners it punishes people for playing with their friends. Honor from friends is worth very little so that abuse is hard, but that means your only real avenue for getting honor is from the enemy team.

Personally I prefer to keep cross team chat off so I can't see the nonsense vomited from their fingertips, but I have to turn it on so I can copy and paste my "GG old chaps while you lost I'm sure you were just having an off game and I got lucky. Better luck next time." I really find it all rather annoying, and dishonest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    What the... That's NSFW stuff Caine, you shouldn't be posting that....
    I added quite a visible NSFW warning to the first post. I guess second one lacked that.

Still, you can't deny it suits the new honour system ridiculously well. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just...no. Don't link that anymore please. I don't care if it has a NSFW tag, don't post it here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I added quite a visible NSFW warning to the first post. I guess second one lacked that.

Still, you can't deny it suits the new honour system ridiculously well. :P
    I saw two men having sex, I hardly saw anything else on that... Just don't post stuff like that anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see its working enough for the BBC to take notice, now if only i could get a shiny teamwork ribbon to go along with my honorable opponent one.
    Anyone know if they stack? like can you have two on at once or are you forced to chose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Anyone know if they stack? like can you have two on at once or are you forced to chose?
    Rarest one shows, you don't get to decide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Glad to see its working enough for the BBC to take notice, now if only i could get a shiny teamwork ribbon to go along with my honorable opponent one.
    I think they stack, ask Muzual, he already has all 4 badges.

Deleted
    You can -have- several, but only one badge shows. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats so impressive that its actually kind of mindblowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine
    Rarest one shows, you don't get to decide.
    Sucks if your right, no offense lol, but i can see this being the case

OT: Been gone from MMOC for a month or two, how do i find the value of someones quote in order to get the little button next to their name show up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right, worship me.

Caine is right, and in order of rarity they will display like this

(Rarest) -> -------- ------ <- (Least rare)
    Teamwork, Helpful, Friendly, Honourable Opponent

EDIT: the only way for people to know you have two is if your enemies see your HO while your allies see something rarer. You can only see one badge though and you can't appear to have more than two.
    Awesome, thanks. but aren't helpful and friendly more rare than teamwork?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Teamwork is definitely the most rare and HO is definitely the least rare. I assume it's Helpful > Friendly but I don't have evidence since I earned my Teamwork and Helpful at the same time, and the Teamwork is the one that shows (so it's the most rare) - I don't know if Helpful would've replaced friendly or not.

and also, I'm just shortening the names.
    "Great Leader" is the most rare, it's yellow and I think it may actually be a combination of all honours. (possibly excluding HO). Riot never said what was needed, but they DID say that the badges weren't on a set value and that it's not just one type of honour that's needed for a badge (They said the clue is in the name)

My Great Leader badge says that I lead teams to victory through great communication. I can see that being a combination of teamwork, friendly and helpful. That's just my thoughts though, Riot have never said what the actual requirements are. I can only guess
    Okay so they made Tribunal have a rating system, just give it a few months and Riot with announce, "The honor system now has a rating system!"

On a serious not though I'm actually finding nicer players, they don't rage as much as they used too and some still get annoyed but it seems like they hold it back. Overall I think what Riot did was a great move forward into improving the community because lets be straight here... There isn't really a system as well done as this in other games.
    Hey everyone