10+ Year Old Account

Wishing the Thundermaw wolves retained the chain lighning ability on taming

just as the title says, do u wish that the Thundermaw in the Vale of Eternal blossom retained its chain lightning ability... it would be epic even if was op.

I've hated getting jumped by either the pack of 5 that run around or the 4 pack... and bamm quick death.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

If they let this pet keep an ability they would need to let all pets keep an ability.

So to answer your question, no I do not wish for this.

HOWEVER

I do wish they would keep unique spirit beast skins unique.

Deleted
    Yeah I think every hunter would like that, but I think blizzard is lazy and it adds another pet ability they will need to scale (even though it takes 5min of work).

It's the same reason why Sprite was removed from the spirit beasts, even though it was cool

Deleted
    I'd rather just have the one with the sword in it's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    just as the title says, do u wish that the Thundermaw in the Vale of Eternal blossom retained its chain lightning ability... it would be epic even if was op.

I've hated getting jumped by either the pack of 5 that run around or the 4 pack... and bamm quick death.
    You get killed by the 4/5 pack? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    HOWEVER

You mean like our 3 or 4 cats that all use the standard saber cat model, and are just various shades of translucent blue? Or maybe the translucent blue original Druid bear form one? Or the translucent blue spiny crab model? Or the Translucent green standard owl? Or the Translucent blue wolf? You seeing the trend here?

There's only 1 spirit beast that's truly unique, and that's Loque (the original). He uses a model and texture that are both unique to him and found nowhere else. All others are just variants on existing models. And for the record, the thundermaw wolves are a different color than Skoll, so he's still technically unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Yeah I think every hunter would like that, but I think blizzard is lazy and it adds another pet ability they will need to scale (even though it takes 5min of work).

It's the same reason why Sprite was removed from the spirit beasts, even though it was cool
    ...What? Are you talking about spirit strike? The one they removed so they could give us a freaking HEAL instead?
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    If they let this pet keep an ability they would need to let all pets keep an ability.

So to answer your question, no I do not wish for this.

HOWEVER

1) They used to be unique, and certain pets had certain abilities you had to go and fight/level your pet to get it to learn those abilities as they were only learnable if used against your pet. This was removed because players are lazy and don't want to have to work to make their characters stronger.

2) Thundermaw wolves are different than Skoll. Skoll is noticably more blue than the Thundermaw wolves, they have a grey to them that Skoll doesn't.

Besides, silkworm > all other pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't know why they make certain beast tamable only to take away things apon tame. Like the oil-soaked wolf, and a few others. Skoll is easy to find now. Just tame him. The new rares were boring after you figured out the tracks were backwards. They spawn like every 2 hours after being tamed. No skill needed, no hunt at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    You mean like our 3 or 4 cats that all use the standard saber cat model, and are just various shades of translucent blue? Or maybe the translucent blue original Druid bear form one? Or the translucent blue spiny crab model? Or the Translucent green standard owl? Or the Translucent blue wolf? You seeing the trend here?

There's only 1 spirit beast that's truly unique, and that's Loque (the original). He uses a model and texture that are both unique to him and found nowhere else. All others are just variants on existing models. And for the record, the thundermaw wolves are a different color than Skoll, so he's still technically unique.

...What? Are you talking about spirit strike? The one they removed so they could give us a freaking HEAL instead?
    They removed it mainly because it gave an extra damaging attack compared to all other pets and they felt non spirit beast hunters were left out.

So you mean go back to all Hunter's having cat pets like in Vanilla/BC. ❤

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    So you mean go back to all Hunter's having cat pets like in Vanilla/BC. ❤
    its all about the crit and mastery buff... so its either the wolf, quillen or a cat currently... I've put up my raptor and any spell haste pets.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

They removed it mainly because it gave an extra damaging attack compared to all other pets and they felt non spirit beast hunters were left out.
    They could easily bring it back as a spirit beast exclusive damaging ability. By just having it replace claw as their basic attack while having the same damage/scaling as claw.
    Likewise those wolves could be a special type that have the lightning strike instead of bite. I do kind of wish they'd consider doing unique basic attacks for certain pets instead of just bite/claw/smack for all of them. Because I would love for Loque'nahak to be my laser kitty once again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Wrong again. They removed it when they removed any and all abilities that did damage from ALL pets. Cats lost rake at the same time, for example. Not to mention many of the utility abilities that were left on pets used to also used to do damage, and they just removed the damage portion of those abilities. It was one huge pet pass to equalize the damage of all pets, so that your choice would be based strictly on the utility or buff they brought, and not just the pet that did the most damage.

I'd like to point out that even when BM was strong at the start of wrath, and even before they buffed wolves (making them the ONLY pet that anyone raided with for the rest of the expansion) no one raided with a spirit beast. Spirit strike did less damage than Rake, so at the time cats were top pet (no surprise there). Blizzard even admitted at the time this was on purpose, since there was (at the time) only one spirit beast, Loque, and he was INCREDIBLY difficult to find. They didn't want the top pet to be one that was so incredibly rare, so they made him weaker than several normal pets. Of course then they came along and buffed wolves, and that was the end of that.

People didn't start actually raiding with spirit beasts until Cataclysm, long after they had removed spirit strike. So the change was never about spirit beasts being too good, because in fact they never were. Yes, spirit strike was cool, and some of us miss it. But let's not spread misinformation about why it was removed.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."