Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    the fact that u were whispered before camping implies u were alrdy doing something questionable .
    Like camping for rezzes so u can face stomp someone at 50% hp.
    ur response and reasoning behind ur "solution" is the definition of being dickish

"this guy i keep killing whispered me, derrrrp, better kill him some more now cos he deserves it!1"
    logical.
    So when someone whispers me because theyre a crybaby and cant take being ganked thats somehow my fault is it? SHOCK HORROR I KILLED YOU ON A PVP SERVER SODDING SHOOT ME! lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    I'm not 'crying about pvp" mmkay, im pointing out that you actually seem to get a kick out of ganking people who cannot fight back, and seem to actively hunt out people and kill them repeatedly

I'm not your friend, dont try and be condenscending to me ok. it just makes you seem like an even bigger douche than what you have already portrayed, dont e-peen flex, to be honest no-one would give a rats ass if you killed a lvl 90 gladiator on your lvl 85 rogue

dont try and threaten poeple with "omg ill camp you coz you have principles on WoW", and you seem like a pretty shit pvper who preys on people who cant fight back, hell im willing to guess that you get killed by people your own level and take out your frustrations on helpless targets

and why would i whisper a piece of trash like you? i'd much rather kill you back (and it would be, without a doubt, very easy)

bottom line, i call you pathetic because thats what you are, and no-ones crying on these forums except you bieber baby
    I get a kick out of killing the other faction WELL SODDING SHOOT ME! line em up guys anyone else want to try and justify having a go at me for something im perfectly allowed to do?(when im not laughing at how personal the guy posting above is trying to make it)
    Last edited by mmocd06d636042; 2012-11-07 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I find it hilarious how you somehow glorify being an asshole on the forums, insulting people left and right, yet you're fighting an apparent war against internet bullies and the like. It's OK when you do it, it's OK when it's on the forums, but God forbid someone comes gank your little character in a computer game. Sacrilege!
    You're considering me an asshole because I have a backbone to stand up and state my case, yet who's crying now about feeling insulted? It's what you see on the playground when bullies are confronted, and then they go crying in some corner.

I don't gank as I have no need to do so, it's worthless. But apparently we see here some highly sensitive folks who want to talk a big game, but can't handle direct talk that ganking is wrong...and yes...cowardly.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    if you are reffering to the thread where I very rightly called you out on linking suicide with ganking in wow then I make no apologies for said thread....oh and those `invented posts`? you mean the ones you deleted? lol[COLOR="red"]
    Again, you seem to be dillusional: I never linked suicide to ganking (not even used the word suicide) and secondly I never deleted any posts. Keep claiming that, make yourself even look more a fool. But I guess I don't have to point that out, every post you make on these forums does that already.

Btw Moderators, how can I see infracted at one of his posts, but he is still posting here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Again, you seem to be dillusional: I never linked suicide to ganking (not even used the word suicide) and secondly I never deleted any posts. Keep claiming that, make yourself even look more a fool. But I guess I don't have to point that out, every post you make on these forums does that already.

Btw Moderators, how can I see infracted at one of his posts, but he is still posting here?
    Yes thats very convenient isn't it mate and how about you debate your own battles rather then trying to get me banned because you have sod all argument to send back to me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You're considering me an asshole because I have a backbone to stand up and state my case, yet who's crying now about feeling insulted? It's what you see on the playground when bullies are confronted, and then they go crying in some corner.

I don't gank as I have no need to do so, it's worthless. But apparently we see here some highly sensitive folks who want to talk a big game, but can't handle direct talk that ganking is wrong...and yes...cowardly.
    The only one talking a big game is you your an absolute delusional moron who believes that actions in a video game have any impact on who you are in real life, your going on and on and on yesterday about what a big pvper you are then you start crying because people ganked you? somehow I dont see how those 2 fit together!

your nothing but a illogical blowhard, as for backbone and stating your case, you dont have a case to state mate your just trying to tell other people how they should play the game hence the fact I consider you one step away from having an asshole for a mouth.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-07 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, how many posts here now are but personal insults?

And folks are asking why no moderation exists?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Yes thats very convenient isn't it mate and how about you debate your own battles rather then trying to get me banned because you have sod all argument to send back to me.
    You are a very strange person: you claim a lot, can't prove anything and then say I have no arguments? Did you ever read the forum rules (guess not), there is a ban for people threatening other people in posts. So yes, I try to get you banned because threatening makes it personal...

The moment you open your mouth to say something, you're a bully.
    In fact, I bully people all the time in online games by killing them. Simply because I can.
    Everytime you kill someone in an online game to show your superiority, you're bullying them. And afterwards they learn to fear you and avoid you on the battlefields = Bullying succeeded.

Seriously, people throw the word bullying around too easily, and it is only helping to turn the next generations into freaking pussies.

lowbies arent targeted because thier lowbies thier targeted because of thier faction for gods sake!
    Oh, that's rich.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Gankers griefing low level areas should be punished. 1 kill might even be accidental and shouldn't count maybe, but loss of honor points and/or debuff for multiple low level kills should be implemented. Just because things don't violate the mechanics of the game, it doesn't make it ok.
    Blizzard should change it.
    The game really does need to introduce level scaling, and this problem goes away entirely.... and benefits PvE greatly as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds
    what does that have to do with PvP? ...on a side note if the said 10 year old felt no pain could heal his wounds by eating a cookie and if killed would re-appear 2min later without so much as a scratch ...you would probably will punch them if you were in a zone/area where you could punch.

don't want to be killed while questing...roll PvE serve plain and simple. Even if the quest hub is being camped by 50 oposing faction and world pvp happens out of sheer frustration then the purpose of the PvP realm has been met. If you feel when someone kills you 10x while you quest = bullying you have 2 options get people to come help or roll pve server vs whine about it. End of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    This feels like a troll but that's probably just me.

I think in the scenario you describe there has to be a fundamental difference between how "internet bully" is defined by the ganker and the gankee.

If the person getting ganked is just being oblivious to the high level opposite faction lurking around then that more or less "griefing" not so much "internet bullying".

However if the person who is ganking knows the person getting ganked in real life and chooses to disparage their name, or reveal personal information about them on the internet forum through picture posting or cell phone text messaging or really seems to key in on this one person no matter what game they play or forum they visit that would be an extreme example of "internet bullying".

I disagree with the notion that a one time meeting with a douche on the internet constitutes the use of the term internet bully

However if the person that likes to gank and exclusive to all else only ganks, and makes sure its a player several levels lower to always maintain an OP advantage then maybe the ganker has "bully" tendencies, its never a good idea to get good at something that makes you despised unless lots of money is involved and in the case I recommend you go to law school, it will cheaper in the long run to know how to defend yourself when your being sued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    This feels like a troll but that's probably just me.

I think in the scenario you describe there has to be a fundamental difference between how "internet bully" is defined by the ganker and the gankee.

If the person getting ganked is just being oblivious to the high level opposite faction lurking around then that more or less "griefing" not so much "internet bullying".

However if the person who is ganking knows the person getting ganked in real life and chooses to disparage their name, or reveal personal information about them on the internet forum through picture posting or cell phone text messaging or really seems to key in on this one person no matter what game they play or forum they visit that would be an extreme example of "internet bullying".

I disagree with the notion that a one time meeting with a douche on the internet constitutes the use of the term internet bully

However if the person that likes to gank and exclusive to all else only ganks, and makes sure its a player several levels lower to always maintain an OP advantage then maybe the ganker has "bully" tendencies, its never a good idea to get good at something that makes you despised unless lots of money is involved and in the case I recommend you go to law school, it will cheaper in the long run to know how to defend yourself when your being sued.
    In all that, there's one word that would've helped: intent.

Those who came here to brag clearly posted their intent was to grief. It was nothing else but gloating of their intent to grief others, all because there's zero consequences.

Now flip all this around and add consequences. Jaylock will have to do a 180 trying to justify why too many Goldshire chickens are pecking on PvP servers, and how that is good for PvP (I guess one justification would be, chicken soup is good for the soul).

Intent to grief and bragging that griefing is good, is the epitome of an "internet bully".
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-07 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds
    You talk about real life situation. Nothing comparable in a game. Lowbys killed in game just loose some times. A 10ya hited by a 30ya, 6f2 guy loose some teeth.
    You are off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Because when you install the game and choose your server for the 1st time it describes to you what PvP/RP/PVE means >.>
    It describes, yes. But did you know what ganking is when you started playing? Did you know there would be people trying hard to make your life a hell?

Bring back dishonorable kills for killing players too low a level or have the honorless buff on them, and make dishonorable kills cause you to lose arena/rbg rating.

Will it solve everything? No, but I have a feeling most people grief as there isn't a consequence for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    You talk about real life situation. Nothing comparable in a game. Lowbys killed in game just loose some times. A 10ya hited by a 30ya, 6f2 guy loose some teeth.
    You are off topic.
    How about let's fine gankers 500 CP for every minute a lowbie lies dead?

Pretty simple and efficient way to resolve this issue quick.

They do the something similar in America's Army if you TK. They sit out the round and get a -500 penalty.

Deleted
    Isn't this technically the same as 1 enemy in the middle of 10 alliance/horde getting stomped? Chances are he ain't getting out alive. Someone in that group will decide he needs to die and the rest will generally join in. They are all 90 but the odds are impossible. Same story bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Bring back dishonorable kills for killing players too low a level or have the honorless buff on them, and make dishonorable kills cause you to lose arena/rbg rating.

Will it solve everything? No, but I have a feeling most people grief as there isn't a consequence for doing so.
    bringing back dishonorable kills can create a new bragging rights and might encourage the activity, couple that with affecting arena rating whats to stop reverse greifing (im reaching on this one) where lowbies find higher level players and attempt to jump into their aoe or tag a rare that would give them negative arena.

I think your on the right idea though.

How about world pvp caps level to the lowest person in the bunch and reduces stats to approriate, or handicaps damage against the lower level player something like 99% to deal with stat creep on gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    bringing back dishonorable kills can create a new bragging rights and might encourage the activity, couple that with affecting arena rating whats to stop reverse greifing (im reaching on this one) where lowbies find higher level players and attempt to jump into their aoe or tag a rare that would give them negative arena.

I think your on the right idea though.

How about world pvp caps level to the lowest person in the bunch and reduces stats to approriate, or handicaps damage against the lower level player something like 99% to deal with stat creep on gear?
    wouldnt work in the slightest, the majority of gankers, me included dont do it for honour and dont care about honour, we do it because we enjoy world pvp and taking on the opposing faction in the world, my current main has never been in an arena why would I want to do that when ive got a whole world of random, unstructured pvp out there to enjoy?

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:02 PM ----------

Those who came here to brag clearly posted their intent was to grief. It was nothing else but gloating of their intent to grief others, all because there's zero consequences.

Now flip all this around and add consequences. Jaylock will have to do a 180 trying to justify why too many Goldshire chickens are pecking on PvP servers, and how that is good for PvP (I guess one justification would be, chicken soup is good for the soul).

Intent to grief and bragging that griefing is good, is the epitome of an "internet bully".
    if you cannot see the difference between ganking and griefing there is no hope for you, ganking isnt against the t&c griefing is, corpse camping isnt considered griefing nor is ganking blizz gms have stated that fact many many times. so whats your point again? and by the way....yes im back that was easy lol :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:03 PM ----------

if you cannot see the difference between ganking and griefing there is no hope for you, ganking isnt against the t&c griefing is, corpse camping isnt considered griefing nor is ganking blizz gms have stated that fact many many times. so whats your point again? yes you dont have one! lol the problem is everything your arguing against is based on nothing which anyone has actually done illegally, you are basing everything on your own fucked up moral code in which actions in a video game are deemed to `matter` in real life.......well guess what mate? your moral code is just that! dont try to force it upon people.
    Last edited by mmoc8d3ef29807; 2012-11-07 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

in the post intent is implied, it doesn't have to be spelled out. We are talking about misusing the term internet bully right? I mean that's what the OP stated in the initial post.

Bragging about bullying or spelling out intent is not an exclusive activity to internet bullying. Bullying is and will always be when one person uses their resources to make another person feel unwanted, disliked, and otherwise an outcast unless that person appeases the aggressor.

I don't see how intent to grief is anything remotely close to internet bullying, so in short I am agreeing with the OP(since we need to spell it out)

I see greifing as just being an agent behind a nuisance or the nuisance itself without much worry of forum consequences, where bullying internet or otherwise has been spelled out earlier in the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    if you cannot see the difference between ganking and griefing there is no hope for you, ganking isnt against the t&c griefing is, corpse camping isnt considered griefing nor is ganking blizz gms have stated that fact many many times. so whats your point again? and by the way....yes im back that was easy lol :P[COLOR="red"]
    "Ganking" is when you attack and kill people who stand absolutely no chance against you whatsoever, and of whom you know that they stand absolutely no chance.
    It usually involves killing lowbies, but higher levels in really bad gear could also be called 'ganking.'
    Since the target of a gank has no option to retaliate, defend themselves, and absolutely zero chance of winning, this is 'griefing.'
    If you pick an enemy for world pvp, you don't pick a baby... You pick a seasoned opponent.