Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Does anyone else like that blue posters have got some backbone?

I'm not sure if there was already a topic about this somewhere, but does anyone else think it is great that the blue posters (particularly Dratzal) these days have, to a point, stopped taking all the shit that gets thrown at them on the forums? Up until recently, it seems that the blues pretty much take all the insults, all the poorly worded and angry comments and then reply to them placidly, but recently they seems to have developed some "fight" in them. After all, if the forum posters want to argue their points loudly (And often rudely), then why can't Blizz's representatives do the same? (Up to a certain point of course, as professionalism must be maintained).

Replies like:
    But you still ran it for a chance to upgrade some slot and valor, correct? I won 2 lfr items last week and i replaced them in a matter of days, but i still ran it 3 times. The thing is a lot of us dont want to run it AT ALL.
    Then don't. It's obvious that you are well beyond the skill level of any player posting here and that you'd rather not play with "mouthbreathers", as you so elegantly and politely put it in your previous post. So, by all means, open Vent, repeatedly tell your guildmates how awesome and uber skilled you are and run with them Normal and Heroic raids, but the attitude you display towards players running the Raid Finder is completely unacceptable and needs to go.

Make the blues, in my opinion seem more human, and demonstrate that idiotic and elitist comments will not be tolerated.

Forum posters need to learn that their opinion is representative of a miniscule amount of the wow population and that they need to accept answers given by blues, and i think this is a way to go about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice come-back from the Blue Poster Someone really needs to teach those elitists a lesson or two. That's the way the Blues should answer, imho.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Personally, I don't think that Blizz forum moderators should lower themselves to sarcastic insults to prove a point. As customer facing representatives of a company, they should hold themselves to a higher standard.

I know that if a cstomer rep from my company ever said that to a customer, they would be on a path for removal unless they stepped up. And trust me, we get some ridiculous customer calls that make you /facepalm.

There are many other ways of handling the situation which could have been used.

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Nice come-back from the Blue Poster Someone really needs to teach those elitists a lesson or two. That's the way the Blues should answer, imho.
    That's not an elitist, thats just a douchbag. There's a difference. An elitist is someone who goes above and beyond to achieve the maximum or near the maximum or even striving to reach the maximum status of his/her character by any circumstance. This does not include their social interaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy them having a spine instead of going to the "How to Talk to Customers" manual and getting a copy/paste response. I think whoever made that one was being quite witty whilst staying within the realms of conformity with their standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you will get some people responding in this thread about how "unprofessional" the blue was and how he shouldn't be responding like that to customers, it makes Blizzard look bad, blah blah blah.

Personally, I'm with you. I saw the blue post yesterday and almost spit out my soda laughing. It's been said time and time again that there is no reason that "hardcores" need to run LFR and if they do it's on them, it's not necessary at all. There's absolutely no reason for the poster on the official forums to be insulting more casual players like that.

Someone needed to be put in their place, and the response justifies that.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    That's not an elitist, thats just a douchbag. There's a difference. An elitist is someone who goes above and beyond to achieve the maximum or near the maximum or even striving to reach the maximum status of his/her character by any circumstance. This does not include their social interaction.
    Agreed. Most of the best players I've met keep to themselves or actively help others, and don't feel the need to put people down. On my server at least, those talking the most smack are still wiping on normal Elegon but mock people out who "only" do LFR.

It starts with sarcastic comments, then it escalates. Until ...

We all remember Tseric right?

Considering how open Blizzard is to a lot of hate, or rather how basically most gaming companies out there look to them how they handle stuff, I'd say it's a nice change of pace to have someone respond like a real human.

When I go to the store to purchase something, and want to ask a question, I don't want some automatic reply I want some real input.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

At this point I'd say its needed because of the sheer amount of douchebags in the community/forums.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoyed that dialogue myself, watching that blue poster tear that idiot a new one.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    It starts with sarcastic comments, then it escalates. Until ...

We all remember Tseric right?
    That was one epic meltdown.

Can't help it.
    Posting impassionately, they say you don't care.
    Posting nothing, they say you ignore.
    Posting with passion, you incite trolls.
    Posting fluff, you say nonsense.
    Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win.
    There is only slow degradation.
    Take note. It is the first and only time you'll see someone in my position make that position.
    You can be me when I'm gone.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Tseric
    Putin khuliyo

People have been saying what you just said anytime a blue posts like that for years now. So no, it is not new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    At this point I'd say its needed because of the sheer amount of douchebags in the community/forums.
    If they enforced their ToU/Eula and forums CoC there would be many less but instead they stoop to their level

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I'm at odds with the Blues with their replies, especially arrogant replies, but this one is acceptable because it's teaching the poster what is acceptable social behavior.

They may not like it, but they are "role models" for the community. They have been lax for so long on educating the community what is acceptable behavior (what is usually agreed upon in Western society as being appropriate...not what kiddies think is appropriate). It may risk alienating some, but God, this community needs to reel in this anarchy. Raids and dungeons require some measure of social skills to relate to others as human beings, not as some NPCs.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I'm sure you will get some people responding in this thread about how "unprofessional" the blue was and how he shouldn't be responding like that to customers, it makes Blizzard look bad, blah blah blah.

And those people would be correct... corporate policy blah blah blah.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't do it, just that's the way it is

The EU blue posters are pretty damn rude. That comment was rude and unprofessional.

The blue poster acted like a typical forum brat. Didn't like what he was hearing since it was a different opinion backed up with valid points he couldn't refute so he attacked the poster.

That poster never said anything "elitist". There are people who practically AFK or have no clue how to play in LFR and have no desire to learn because they still get what they went there for. Believe you me if there was a DPS req for loot people would meet it. If there wasn't food stamps plenty of people on that would get a job or find some way to scam people out of money.

Also, I love how so many people are saying it was an "epic" response. The player said nothing rude to him in the least. That's like talking to tech support about your internet connection and they keep insisting you didn't reset your modem and you say you did and then they blow up at you and call you an elitist.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2012-11-05 at 06:20 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Sadly stuff like that tend to end badly (as it did with Tseric, as mentioned earlier in the thread).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Personally, I don't think that Blizz forum moderators should lower themselves to sarcastic insults to prove a point. As customer facing representatives of a company, they should hold themselves to a higher standard.

I know that if a cstomer rep from my company ever said that to a customer, they would be on a path for removal unless they stepped up. And trust me, we get some ridiculous customer calls that make you /facepalm.

There are many other ways of handling the situation which could have been used.
    I thought replying to forums isn't part of there jobs? Meaning they do it because they only want to help and not have some entitled ass, nub or troll, slag of the game, then proceed to mock the player base of it. As far as Blizzard is concerned they don't want players like that. If profit goes down, then the game and attitude will change.

But how do you suggest he responded? Just leave him to act that way to other players? Because i bet he calls people in LFR all kinds of things (which warrants him a ban). The Blues have gotten a lot more interactive, they don't comment on forums to argue, just to answer. Can you imagine how many asses this one blues has had to have an argument with when all he was doing was trying to help.

And forums are not customer service by the way, they are where to community can gather and socialize with other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That poster never said anything "elitist".

The player said nothing rude to him in the least. That's like talking to tech support about your internet connection and they keep insisting you didn't reset your modem and you say you did and then they blow up at you and call you an elitist.
    Calling players in LFR "mouthbreathers" isn't elitist?

Yes. Reading the posts they have to respond to at times I don't know how they're able to manage to often keep their cool and respond in a level minded manner. 99.5% of the posts made on the blizzard forums are troll attempts or made by complete idiots.