Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trying to decide on a race for my Blood only DK [Alliance]

I've been thinking about this project for a while now and I still haven't come to the conclusion on which race I should roll for what I want to achieve in-game.

The main aim of my DK is to be my main character and to be soloing anything I can get my bloodstained sword on, I'm an achievement hunter so I'm partial to the reputation gains from human as-well as the every man for himself racial. However I keep getting distracted by the Night Elves 2% Dodge/Parry racial.

Has anyone got any advice for me?

Deleted
    Dwarf. Case closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    If you are into reputation grinds I would pick human. Though, shadowmeld has it tricks in soloing also...

If your sole focus is to solo then NE would be the best choice. As chemicader said, Shadowmeld is kind of required to solo some fights; though the only one that is coming to mind currently is Gluth 25m. I do know that there are/have been others that require it as well.
    Last edited by -Atrophos-; 2012-11-05 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    PvP=Human no matter what
    PVE=Nightelf or Draenei

For looks I would say every alliance male except gnomes. Especially dwarf, draenei and human can look very nice if you have some scary/epic looking transmog

PVE - Night Elf - 2% chance for enemies to miss with ranged/melee
    nothing better for passive mitigation IMO

Deleted
    My DK is bloody only. I mostly solo/duo instances either alone or with my gf (she is healer). I was horde and when i went alliance i chose Human Male. Best armor models appearance tbh.

Looks amazing. Shoulder/helmet size ratio is sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf. Shadowmeld has saved my ass so many times. I also find it somewhat ironic to be the main tank, and be the one that mass resses the raid, since I was the only one that didn't die.

Human is very good, in 5man/solo, "every man for himself" can easily save you. Sadly in raid it's lot less effective as most boss mechanic won't break from it. Other than I love the NE racial.. If I wasn't human I'd probably go NE now that 2% miss chance. As MT the shadowmeld isn't the most useful thing, but it can indeed save you a repair bill once in a while.

Every Man for Himself does work on Subetai's Pinning Arrow, so there might be 1-2 encounters in each tier where it shines. If you're going for PvE, Pandaren is amazing for +400 STA or +300 STR from Epicurean. For PvP, definitely Human or Forsaken if your Horde for the free CC breaker.

Forsaken racial is superior to all for soloing. If you really HAVE to be Alliance... Not human, probably Nelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinzy View Post
    Human is very good, in 5man/solo, "every man for himself" can easily save you. Sadly in raid it's lot less effective as most boss mechanic won't break from it. Other than I love the NE racial.. If I wasn't human I'd probably go NE now that 2% miss chance. As MT the shadowmeld isn't the most useful thing, but it can indeed save you a repair bill once in a while.
    It's, THANK GOD, dodge now, not miss chance. I've hated that racial for so long when I was horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

female orc looks badass

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    If you're going for PvE, Pandaren is amazing for +400 STA or +300 STR from Epicurean. For PvP, definitely Human or Forsaken if your Horde for the free CC breaker.
    Pandas can't be dks ... am I just stupid and I missed it completely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    Pandas can't be dks ... am I just stupid and I missed it completely ?
    nope they can't
    tank god
    worgen DKs are bad enough as it is

*sniff sniff*

Night Elf, best tank race by a mile in overall damage taken terms. Dwarves have some say with the cooldown, but DK's have plenty of cooldowns. Plus armor looks awesome on Night Elves. Also, shadowmeld is like the best thing ever, especially now with the dailies. Can skip so many mobs

10+ Year Old Account
    I play NE Dk, the +2% dodge chance is amazing as it adds a passive avoidance that is not on deminishing returns (as it adds percentage, not rating). Also i had a LOT of fun in BGs with shadowmeld. Its useful for escaping mobs on dailies, like when you run through a large mob infested area and a the end shadowmeld, great! Landing to mine, when a mob attacks you, and a pesky horde (or alliance) uses the moment to get the mine for himself? Use shadow meld, the mob goes off you, resets and attacks him. Very useful if you have the horseman's mask, use it after he is attacked, then mine, priceless.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

If your achievement hunting then NE since shadowmeld probably has the most solo'ing use. I switched from draenei to dwarf for the stoneform racial back in the start of tier12, but it has turned out to be pretty useless. Especially with the plethora of cooldowns we already have, 10% reduced damage just isn't that great. The best thing about stoneform, is that it increases size.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.

Female gnome cause they're badass.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperionx View Post
    If your achievement hunting then NE since shadowmeld probably has the most solo'ing use. I switched from draenei to dwarf for the stoneform racial back in the start of tier12, but it has turned out to be pretty useless. Especially with the plethora of cooldowns we already have, 10% reduced damage just isn't that great. The best thing about stoneform, is that it increases size.
    the simple fact that it removes Poisons, Diseases and Bleeds makes it wonderful, and can seriously turn the tide of a fight if you use it appropriately. the 10% DR is just icing. losing stoneform is the ONLY thing i miss from being alliance.

If you pvp then stoneform might be useful, but in PVE it's useless.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.