Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Elune and Emperor Shao hao Theory [LORE]

All righty then! This might be a little bit toooooo much! But listen!

Velen states that Elune might be a Naaru right? We aaaaaaaall know that Blizzard doesn't make such theories out of thin air... and that in the end... it turns out it's partially true or, totally true! But wait there is more!

It is stated in WoW RPG and other sources that she was capable of creating Ancients (Aviana for instance)

now...

According to Lorewalker Cho:
    Shao Hao purgred his doubts in the jade forest (jade serpent statue appears)
    In Krasarang he overcame Despair (the statue of red crane appears)
    Fear in Townlong Stepes (Ox statue)
    And anger, hatred, violence in Kun-Lai (Xuen statue appears)

In the end there is something metioned about him becoming a pure being... of pure light (pretty much as the Naaru)

My theory is that:
    -August Celestials are probably Ancients of Pandaria created by Shao-Hao (pretty much like Elune created Aviana). Both of Hyjal and pandarian Ancients share some common features (spiritually immortal) though Pandarian ones are not connected to the Emerald Dream (due to Shaohao not having any kind of acquaintance with Ysera)
    -Shao Hao becoming Naaru after he entered the Valley of Eternal Blossom (just like Cho states "creature of pure light:. I wouldn't be suprised if we gonna see some Sha'o or some simillar Naaru in the future with apostrophe in the middle of the name.
    -Velen stating that E'lune has Naaru features (maybee at one point in time she turned into one aswell? being all good, worthy etc.)

----------------------
    --------MORE---------
    ----------------------

In Krasarang Wilds both Alliance and Horde players have to accompany Tauren/NightElves in their journey to place (which we! players know as Valley of Eternal Blossom) The Tauren female on the Horde side had the vision... To move straight away to Pandaria... On the Nelf side there was also some dude or chick with vision telling them to come to Panda-land.

Both Nelfs and Taurens are connected "somehow" to Elune... And the Valley itself is connected to Shao-Hao... It might be a pure speculation but it kinda looks like, the one sending both races there was The Moon Godess herself, just to learn the teachings of other superior being (Shao Hao)...

---------------
    ----MORE-----
    ---------------

Naaru are fighting against the Burning Legion right? This creates a perfect plot for Anduin (under the protection of Dezco) to become the leader (from Velen's vision) which will lead the armies of the light.
    This ofc leads us to conclusion that it was all planned by the Naaru...

Dunno... I'm bad at this kind of things...

But you atleast have to admit that (the whole Valley of Eternal Blossom thing is kinda strange) since we still don't know why both Tauren and Night Elves appeared there on the first place...
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2012-11-05 at 06:45 PM.

Nice theory. Lets not forget that next expansion we'll def fight the Burning Legion again.

We'll have more answers next xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually looking for it quite far, but, it could somehow totally be true. I doubt it though XD
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Nice theory, but in the Seven Burdens of Shao-Hao is stated that the Emperor asked four great spirits about way to save Pandaria. That means that Celestial were at Pandaria before Shao-Hao. But there's one question: where were they at the times of Mogu rule?

The only issue I have hear is I think the Celestials pre-date Shao-Hao, considering he consulted them on HOW to purge himself of doubt, etc. However, I do think you might be working in a good direction; (Although I still expect Shao-Hao to be the Sha of Pride.

I love the idea of Anduin and Dezco being super important together in a future xpac though.

Dezco is a boss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Nice theory, but in the Seven Burdens of Shao-Hao is stated that the Emperor asked four great spirits about way to save Pandaria. That means that Celestial were at Pandaria before Shao-Hao. But there's one question: where were they at the times of Mogu rule?
    It is possible to learn something from something you have created.

I like the theory. It doesn't make my brain hurt O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    It is possible to learn something from something you have created.
    Yeah, it is. But Shao-Hao was just your usual Pandaren Emperor, not some being that can create extremelly powerfull animal spirits. Maybe something created them, maybe they just evolved thanks to the Waters of the Vale. Who knows, maybe we will find the truth in some of the MoP patches?

Deleted
    No. As far as I remember, Elune did not create all the Ancients. In fact we only know of her creating Aviana and Cenarius being her son.

Elune did however create a race, birthed one and shaped two. She created the moonkin, she birthed the keepers/dryads and she shaped the dark trolls into night elves and the night elves into harpies.
    No naaru has did anything similar, ever. No naaru has created a race. No naaru has birthed a race. While, using the power of the Light, naaru helped shaped a race, this is not shaping by turning something into something else but rather a more mental shaping. Otherwise, they could have fixed the Broken draenei. Which they did not.

So, Elune is stronger then naaru. Furthermore, we saw Elune can ressurect the dead (Ashenvale satyr) and we saw proof of her curing corruption easily (same satyr). We saw that naaru can't ressurect the dead (crusader Bridenbraid in Icecrown) nor can they cure corruption (same crusader). They can only help guide souls into the Light.

Furthermore, many of the powers granted by Elune are stellar based. Starfall, Star shards, etc. No naaru have stellar type powers.
    Furthermore, a naaru is a mass of crystals that uses the teachings of the Light. Cenarius, the son of Elune, has a stag part from his father and... a humanoid part which can only come from his mother. Furthermore, if Elune was a naaru, why doesn't Cenarius use Light powers and why didn't he teach the night elves about the Light, instead teaching them about druidism? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I understand where Blizzard was hinting through Velen, but if they stated Elune is a naaru they'd wreck some parts of already established lore.

Furthermore, as I understood, the Shao-Hao came after the spirits in Pandaria. So they were there before him. That said, he might ascend to become a naaru, I don't know how naaru are birthed.

That said, the night elf and the tauren both held Elune in high regard. In patch 5.1 as Horde you go and steal a bell from Darnassus. If I remember correct those sentinels are the only night elf encampment that's actually larger and night elf only. So maybe Elune just hinted the night elves and tauren they should get this artifact instead. Night elves just got to it first. And sent it to Darnassus.

Deleted
    can't believe they are making elune in to a naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    No. As far as I remember, Elune did not create all the Ancients. In fact we only know of her creating Aviana and Cenarius being her son.

Elune did however create a race, birthed one and shaped two. She created the moonkin, she birthed the keepers/dryads and she shaped the dark trolls into night elves and the night elves into harpies.
    No naaru has did anything similar, ever. No naaru has created a race. No naaru has birthed a race. While, using the power of the Light, naaru helped shaped a race, this is not shaping by turning something into something else but rather a more mental shaping. Otherwise, they could have fixed the Broken draenei. Which they did not.

So, Elune is stronger then naaru. Furthermore, we saw Elune can ressurect the dead (Ashenvale satyr) and we saw proof of her curing corruption easily (same satyr). We saw that naaru can't ressurect the dead (crusader Bridenbraid in Icecrown) nor can they cure corruption (same crusader). They can only help guide souls into the Light.

Furthermore, many of the powers granted by Elune are stellar based. Starfall, Star shards, etc. No naaru have stellar type powers.
    Furthermore, a naaru is a mass of crystals that uses the teachings of the Light. Cenarius, the son of Elune, has a stag part from his father and... a humanoid part which can only come from his mother. Furthermore, if Elune was a naaru, why doesn't Cenarius use Light powers and why didn't he teach the night elves about the Light, instead teaching them about druidism? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I understand where Blizzard was hinting through Velen, but if they stated Elune is a naaru they'd wreck some parts of already established lore.

Furthermore, as I understood, the Shao-Hao came after the spirits in Pandaria. So they were there before him. That said, he might ascend to become a naaru, I don't know how naaru are birthed.

That said, the night elf and the tauren both held Elune in high regard. In patch 5.1 as Horde you go and steal a bell from Darnassus. If I remember correct those sentinels are the only night elf encampment that's actually larger and night elf only. So maybe Elune just hinted the night elves and tauren they should get this artifact instead. Night elves just got to it first. And sent it to Darnassus.
    Wrong, the Draenei were shaped into what they are by one of the BC naaru's.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Only things they got from Naaru were basics of heretical religion and stupid forehead flashlight.

Deleted
    Hey it's that Nelfs = Trolls fanwank again. I really hope Blizzard doesn't let themelves be influenced by this being extremly popular with Horde people. At no point there's definite proof of this, in fact the reason of how and why this could have happen changed and was wanked up by the players. Also Elune only birthed Cenarius, the others are either descendants of Cenarius or night elves who gave themselves over to him and became keepers/dryads.

Hell even what you said about harpies is all wrong, they weren't created by Elune. It's not actually stated at any point of how they were created altough some theories exist not a single one if these has been proven true.

Deleted
    Wrong! The draenei always looked as they did, the erredar changed due to fel magic usage. The broken and lost ones fell due to fel magic being used on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Hey it's that Nelfs = Trolls fanwank again. I really hope Blizzard doesn't let themelves be influenced by this being extremly popular with Horde people. At no point there's definite proof of this, in fact the reason of how and why this could have happen changed and was wanked up by the players. Also Elune only birthed Cenarius, the others are either descendants of Cenarius or night elves who gave themselves over to him and became keepers/dryads.

Hell even what you said about harpies is all wrong, they weren't created by Elune. It's not actually stated at any point of how they were created altough some theories exist not a single one if these has been proven true.
    Unfortunately, the night elves being descended from dark trolls was confirmed by Blizzard in one of their magazines, think it's the last one that came out before they felt a magazine wasn't the best idea and cancelled it.
    "Cenarius, Freya and the Tribunal of Ages confirmed to Brann Bronzebeard that night elves evolved from the dark trolls."
    http://www.wowpedia.org/World_of_War...lume_2_Issue_1

Also I never said Elune birthed anyone else, but she did create the moonkin. Moonkin are not night elves. And night elves can't become keepers/dryads, where do you get this from? All keepers/dryads come from Cenarius or his descendants, none come from transformations from other races.

There's two theories about harpies, but take it as you wish.

Velen is what an original Eredar looks like. He is the only one shown in game, and looms more like the typical Legion-type Eredar than a Draenei. Now, the Draenei we have now could have evolved into what they look like simply due to time and evolution (though that would be a re)eeealy quick evolution), or we can assume the Naaru changed the physical appearance of all good Eredar save Velen.

Deleted
    Velen is what an original Eredar looks like. He is the only one shown in game, and looms more like the typical Legion-type Eredar than a Draenei. Now, the Draenei we have now could have evolved into what they look like simply due to time and evolution (though that would be a re)eeealy quick evolution), or we can assume the Naaru changed the physical appearance of all good Eredar save Velen.
    Velen looks almost exactly like other draenei males except he has a beard... Maybe I just don't see it, please, provide some pictures if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice theory OP but i thought the August Celestials were already there before Shao. I could be wrong, I haven't really been keeping on track of MoP lore yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because Cenarius mother is Elune doesn't mean he needs to have the same "religion" as her. Cenarius was one with nature because of Malorne, Elune isn't.

? All keepers/dryads come from Cenarius or his descendants, none come from transformations from other races.

There's two theories about harpies, but take it as you wish.
    Didn't it mention in War of the Ancients that some night elves that followed Cenarius but had no interest in learning to become a Druid, transformed into the keepers and dryads, guardians etc.?

(It's been a while since I read it though so maybe I remember that wrong)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I didn't read all your post, but im pretty sure that shao hao ASKED one of the august celestials for guidance before purging his negetive emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Nice theory OP but i thought the August Celestials were already there before Shao. I could be wrong, I haven't really been keeping on track of MoP lore yet.
    They were, Xuen mentioned that Shaohao was seeking his advice.