Poll: Have you ever hunted for sport?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you think about Kobe Beef? Cows raised in great environments, massaged, fed great food, beer, and then slaughtered for the awesome meat. Its a very good Japanese meat.
    I think of it as the same as the cattle farms we have in the states with terrible conditions. Just because you make their short lived life on the planet that much more enjoyable for them, doesn't make killing them anymore nice or right. All it does is makes the humans feel better about do it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I think of it as the same as the cattle farms we have in the states with terrible conditions. Just because you make their short lived life on the planet that much more enjoyable for them, doesn't make killing them anymore nice or right. All it does is makes the humans feel better about do it...
    Hmm, I think diet and living conditions don't make the aspect of killing the animal any less savage but I'm sure it does something to the quality and taste of the meat.

Deleted
    I'd kill for eating but not for sport. I love meat and enjoy a variety of produce, but for enjoyment? Nah, just don't see the appeal of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think hunting purely for sport is just stupid. You are basically killing
    animals for no reason at all.

Been hunting / fishing plenty, always for the meat tho.

I mean if you will fight the animals bare handed then go ahead but shooting
    one with a gun is hardly worth of taking a trophy for...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and I eat my kills. Wasting the meat is just shameful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    I'm not anti hunting but the argument that hunters contribute to conservation is really kind of over blown. Hunters conserve the animals they want to hunt. That may or may not conserve an actual functional ecosystem that provides societal benefits beyond just more game to hunt. Hunters and the hunting lobby are really self serving in this regard, sorry.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 05:42 PM ----------

Name a person or organization who says it isn't self serving and Ill show you a liar. What does it matter if Hunters pay for conservation so they can continue to hunt they are still doing a better job than animal rights groups at protecting natural habitat in the United States. National Parks also receive large amounts of funds from hunting excise taxes.