Poll: Have you ever hunted for sport?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to try hunting some time. Never have. I have no qualms against shooting animals. I'll eat what I shoot.
    Putin khuliyo

Most stupid poll Ive ever seen on MMO. There is no other option but to vote that you actually like hunting for sport, with another random option to vote for PETA.

No, never tried it and I also do not like it. I see no joy in killing other animals for fun. When I go fishing I release all fish that are too small to be eaten, and the others are... well.. eaten.

But that's far away from big game hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzes View Post
    This is a terrible biased poll.
    I think call hunting a sport is a joke. Killing animals for fun is not a hobby. Maybe it was in the 18th century but it should not be one in 2012.
    So lets see... hoofing it up and down mountain sides for several days, stalking your prey for hours on end, then carrying your kill out several miles... yeah, ill say thats athletic and sporting... you call football a sport, why not hunting??? It takes more to stalk and take down an animal than it does to catch a ball and run a couple of yards.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Most stupid poll Ive ever seen on MMO. There is no other option but to vote that you actually like hunting for sport, with another random option to vote for PETA.

No, never tried it and I also do not like it. I see no joy in killing other animals for fun. When I go fishing I release all fish that are too small to be eaten, and the others are... well.. eaten.

But that's far away from big game hunting.
    So its okay to kill some animals, but not others... save the cute little otter, kill the ugly cow mentality.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

I would love to try it, but "The Most Dangerous Game" style...I won't eat the meat.

In all honesty hunting has never interested me, I like fishing though.
    X

Deleted
    Does fishing counts?

Just kidding, i don't really care so where's my button in this poll?

I also noticed there's no option for hunting humans in the poll.

Or is it because the OP is a sissy and only hunts animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    So its okay to kill some animals, but not others... save the cute little otter, kill the ugly cow mentality.
    Fish =! big game animals. Why else are there so many "vegetarians" that only refuse to eat red meat, but like eating fish?

Also, you didnt just compare fish to, lets say, deer.. did you??

Might just as well say killing animals is inhumane because we do not kill other human beings. We are just animals after all.

Deleted
    So lets see... hoofing it up and down mountain sides for several days, stalking your prey for hours on end, then carrying your kill out several miles... yeah, ill say thats athletic and sporting... you call football a sport, why not hunting??? It takes more to stalk and take down an animal than it does to catch a ball and run a couple of yards.

So what do you call the people that sit around have a couple of beers, wait for that deer to come around then "bam". Load the deer into the back of the truck and take it to the taxidermists, 'cos everyone needs to see how good a hunter you are!

Way to make a strawman there.

I see no joy in killing other animals for fun
    Try and read what you're quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    So what do you call the people that sit around have a couple of beers, wait for that deer to come around then "bam". Load the deer into the back of the truck and take it to the taxidermists, 'cos everyone needs to see how good a hunter you are!

Way to make a strawman there.

Try and read what you're quoting.

So because a few people do that, everyone does it right?

And in actuality.... i have NEVER seen anyone hunt like that... and ive been hunting for the better part of 20 years.

Edit: And on the drinking part.... yeah, thats more the fishing crowd.
    Last edited by Shadoweye; 2012-11-05 at 07:16 PM.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Deleted
    So because a few people do that, everyone does it right?
    Yeah, totally. Which is why I made the distinction between the people that actually hunt their prey and the majority of "hunters" we see (the ones I described).

Note:

I have no problem with hunting for food, however you do it as long as you don't torture the prey. I have a problem with people killing purely for fun.
    Last edited by mmoca9562f3cee; 2012-11-05 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no option for "No, I find it abhorrent"

Biased poll, I'm not voting. I have little to no respect for people who kill for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Why is there no option for "No, I find it abhorrent"

Biased poll, I'm not voting. I have little to no respect for people who kill for fun.
    agreed
    /10char

So every hunter hikes up and down a mountain to hunt? Way to bullshit the truth to support your bullshit facts. When a 60 year old fat redneck can sit in a blind with a high powered rifle at known animal crossings, bait stations etc and kill an animal I don't consider that as "taking more" than a trained, in shape athlete taking a beating on a field.

Lets see you do it without all the fancy gear, camo and weapons. 99% of the so called hunters wouldn't last five minutes without their scoped rifle and bottle of deer piss.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Exactly!

Vegetables are just a garnish, for MEAT.

Vegetables only provide some additional vitamins and stuff to give us more energy to eat more meat!
    Fact: Prehistoric man ate far less meat than we do today. Want meat? Go to a supermarket and buy some that's already been slaughtered. Hunting for food is obsolete in this society. Enough animals suffer in some pretty poor conditions so you can have access to fresh meat.

And no - I'm not a veg head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    just look at the number of responses in the thread, not even the views. then look at the low number of votes (13 at this posting: #33)

i'm not saying your poll is slanted, just that there arent very clear choices one way or the other.

that being said, this year i did a little hunting for the first time in decades. i had a problem with squirrels getting into my attic.
    i cant tell you how happy i am to be able to wake up on a cold morning to the sound of my alarm clock, instead of sitting up all night with a squirrel scratching around INSIDE the walls...

and no, i did not eat what i killed. but my cats did

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Fact: Prehistoric man ate far less meat than we do today. Want meat? Go to a supermarket and buy some that's already been slaughtered. Hunting for food is obsolete in this society. Enough animals suffer in some pretty poor conditions so you can have access to fresh meat.
    I apologize if you took my post seriously. But don't use it as some PETA diatribe platform. I know where my meat comes from.

Prehistoric Man isn't Modern Man either. Unless you think we have an identical palate, digestive system, and mandibles as early homonids.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-11-05 at 07:25 PM.

Where's the "Yes, and I really didn't care for it" or something like that? I'm from Michigan, hunting is HUUUUGE out here. I have been, I like venison, I don't really care for hunting or fishing. I don't detest it, I just can think of things I would rather be doing during hunting season.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Exactly!

Vegetables are just a garnish, for MEAT.

Vegetables only provide some additional vitamins and stuff to give us more energy to eat more meat!
    As someone who hasn't eat any meat in about 7 years, it is indeed possible not to eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been hunting for almost 25 years. . . Dove, Duck, Goose, Boar, and Deer.

There is nothing wrong with hunting. There is nothing better tasting than Dove that feed on Maize. OR Ever tried fresh mallard, wrapped in maple bacon, stuffed with veggies?

Deleted
    No, murdering animals isn't something I would enjoy.
    Definitely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't personally hunt, nor do I wish to. I do eat animals, however. I admire those who have adopted vegan diets and such, and those who defend animal rights, but there is a concept called overpopulation. Living in a somewhat rural area, deer overpopulation is a major issue. In fact, if we didn't have avid hunters and the like living among us, driving down back roads and such would prove immensely hazardous to both ourselves and the deer. I want the animals to live a good life, but I also have to worry about the safety of myself and my family.