Poll: Have you ever hunted for sport?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Look at this redneck posing with his dead specimen of an endangered species.
    He can't even take the trophy head back to his winnebago, since it would probably get confiscated at the airport. So essentially he just killed a lion for this photo.

My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    So you like hunting because you enjoy the grandeur of being a hunter? Sounds like vanity too me.
    While I can see where you are coming from I don't think vanity is the word you want to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can't even take the trophy head back to his winnebago, since it would probably get confiscated at the airport. So essentially he just killed a lion for this photo.
    But he loves nature and being a hunter so it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Yeah, only trash kills endangered animals. I'm not gonna defend that kind of stuff. I don't even like calling those folks 'hunters', but it's easier to say than 'guys with tiny penises' - it's a syllable count thing.

Yeah lots of lions in the North American wilderness.

That's really all you got from the last 3 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Oh was this thread US-Only? My bad!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a tree hugging hippy or anything, but I was raised with the mindset that killing things "for fun" isn't really ethical. That being said, I have no problems with hunting for food, culling overpopulation or killing pest animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account

There actually are mountain lions in the North American wilderness. I saw one on a bike ride a few months ago. Scared the shit out of me.

Edit: I believe that poster above me posted a pic of one.

Because 1 cant love nature, and take from nature at the same time right? Just curious... what have you done to support wildlife in your area??? I know i have donated money and time to support populations in my hunting areas, working with Ducks Unlimited to rebuild habits, supporting proper conservation efforts.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Oh was this thread US-Only? My bad!
    No but it's a bit out of left field to include hunting safaris in Africa with someone hunting a deer in the rocky mountains.

You're suffering from the same problem EagleOwl is, grouping all hunters together.

[IMG]
    Taxonomy not your strong suit. That's called a Cougar, not a Lion. Mountain Lion is a colloquialism.

<image of cougar>
    Not sure if you noticed but that isn't a lion, it's a cougar.

Edit: Damnit TradewindNQ! Beat me to it.

I think its pretty fucking sick to hunt for sport. Food is okay but shooting living - and defenseless - animals for the sake of it is disgusting. Wanna target practice? Shoot a clay pigeon instead.

I'm pretty sure it's not thinking anything. Because it's dead.
    I'm pretty sure it never thought anything worth worrying about. Because it's a deer.

10+ Year Old Account

Taxonomy not your strong suit. That's called a Cougar, not a Lion.
    The cougar (Puma concolor), also known as the puma, mountain lion, panther, or catamount
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Not sure if you noticed but that isn't a lion, it's a cougar.

Edit: Damnit TradewindNQ! Beat me to it.
    mountain lion!

Mountain Lion is a colloquialism. But seriously, is this what this discussion is degenerated into? Arguing semantic bullshit?

You're still making broad-stroke generalizations on what a hunter is and what their motives are.

FYI. someone who pays $20,000 to shoot an Elephant in Africa for a tusk, isn't a hunter. It's a tourist.

This is what the hunter was kneeling next to. Might want to take some biology classes.

Deleted
    why on earth would you go hunting when you can just go to the store, how can it possibly be called sport> I understand if you are starving and need food - but to just go out for fun and shoot animals, its lame, its not even manly - standing half a mile away sniping at an animal that doesnnt know you are there, really lame - I think its small penis complex