Deleted

Upgradeable PvP gear - consequences

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7925038?page=1

Link to a thread on EU forums, would love some american input, or for someone to voice their concerns on the american forums at hopes of getting a blue response!

And of course some discussion here on wether or not it is a good idea!

I disagree with pretty much everything in that post. I appreciate the gear upgrade ability. It's just a little more honor farming for a casual player, and it provides additional weeks of activity in rated play to max out. Eight ilvls of gear inflation is not going to drastically impact the imbalance already in place for someone in full honor gear vs someone in full conquest gear.

If you're playing pvp in this game for the purpose of getting gear and to sit on ratings and not for the fun of doing so, then your priorities differ from a lot of people. It's also not a failed attempt to stop people from sitting on ratings, because at the same time this gear upgrade system is put in place, they're also implementing a rating boosting for people actively playing rated pvp each week. Those that boost to 2600 and then stop playing will be passed up by those below them that are continuing to play week in and week out.

I would have prefered a ratings decay instead of a ratings boost for active players - but I understand Blizzard not wanting a flood of complaints from ratings campers because they're losing what they earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much forces everyone to choose a class at the beginning and stick with it through the whole season.

Deleted
    I don't play PVP seriously, but after reading that post it is clear Blizzard hilariously failed to address the issue of sitting on ratings.
    Or am I misinterpreting it? Get rating - > sit on it while doing RBGs for those silly 8ilvl updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    I don't play PVP seriously, but after reading that post it is clear Blizzard hilariously failed to address the issue of sitting on ratings.
    Or am I misinterpreting it? Get rating - > sit on it while doing RBGs for those silly 8ilvl updates.
    Why do people keeping ignoring stuff?

"We’re currently working on a change to allow Team Ratings to grow faster over time, as long as you keep playing. We don’t have any specifics to share yet, but this correction will have the added benefit that players who continue playing will be capable of reaching higher Team Ratings, and therefore potential access to rewards, than someone who stops playing and sits on their rating."

If you sit on your rating when 5.1 hits, you will get passed up by active players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Why do people keeping ignoring stuff?

"We’re currently working on a change to allow Team Ratings to grow faster over time, as long as you keep playing. We don’t have any specifics to share yet, but this correction will have the added benefit that players who continue playing will be capable of reaching higher Team Ratings, and therefore potential access to rewards, than someone who stops playing and sits on their rating."

If you sit on your rating when 5.1 hits, you will get passed up by active players.
    so lemme get this right if i continue to play arena with friends for fun all season casually ( for serious means pushing for server rank 1 ) i get a free ride to 2300-2400 + just because i continue to play for run rather then caring about sitting? and i get free lootz?

im still not 100% sure how this is going to work ...

I completly agree with posted topic and voiced concerns. First Blizz allows players to ride their MMR to high raitings in no time, then give them even more edge through gear upgrade system, nice job. Most PvPers who actually want to play are asking for some kind of raiting decay system for years, and meanwhille Blizz is still trying to figure out some halfarsed solution.

Recently i've started playing GW2 and i should say that developers aproach towards competitive PvP is miles ahead there - you enter competitive mode always on equal footing with another team, your choice what stats you're going for and what role you want to fulfill, but you can be sure that sum of stats is exactly the same as other players have. Actually you don't even have to lvl - create character, enter competitive mode, pick stat booster that compliments your role and start playing.

In WoW we need to lvl up first - ok we're used to deal with it, fine (althought 85-90 is such a horrible grind i haven't seen since Vanilla). Then it's time for honor farm ( many of us done it X time already) - ok we're used to this, welcome to competitive WoW. Many players (including me - almost every season i play 2 classes) like diversity, so we've to pass this hell of a grind again just to enter arena with another class. Still if you started season late, if you rolled an alt or went for reroll you could catch up gearwise. When new pvp upgrade system comes live you're boned unless you're playing 1 class right of the bat.

Some of you may say that 8 ilvls isn't that big of a deal (well it is substantial difference in competitive enviroment anyway), but fact stays - instead of encuraging players to play for fun, Blizzard continues promoting grind. Even for PvE this system is laughable - instead of introducing new raid zones more often devs are simply forcing ppls to farm same dungeon for longer. Overall this gear upgrade system achieves nothing exept cutting Blizzards production costs.

And now back to square one - easy pvp solution to cure many issues in one strike: RAITING DECAY
    a) Less pvp titles selling becouse it either require continuous support (becomes more costly), or require last week rank push (easier to track if done by some ppls enmasse, most likely more competition, can't sell too many whithin such a short timeframe). When half of almost every ladder pvp ranks are destributed to scrubs buying them from rank 1 for RL cash it's clearly a problem, and raiting decay at least somehow counters it.
    b) No free riding from Glad to Glad to Glad on your good old MMR (MMR itself is a counterproductive flawed system, but what's done is done i guess). It's no secret that once you pick a hardearned (or fast bought) Glad, riding to next one becomes few times easier (actually many just get their team raiting back to their MMR with far from great win/loss ratio in first week or two of new season and camp it).

Now you might be asking what are we going to do with all conquest points we're going to earn playing (omg really) wholle season. Seriously answer is whatever - allow conquest transfer from character that earned 20K conquest in current season to alts via BoA tokens bought from pvp vendor, sell pet upgrades for conquest, sell transmog sets for conquest, sell pets for conquest, mounts, toys, titles or whatever else comes to mind (exept real deal upgrades affecting gameplay).

But realisticly we won't see any of this easy solutions brought to live since atm blizz clients are eating whatever bone thrown to them since taste of meat is long forgotten. If you're tired of "next patch/expansion will fix it", like PvP then try Guild Wars 2 or Dota 2 - both are miles ahead of Blizz games in PvP support and balance fields. Ofc if you like PvE then WoW's still the game to go, won't take from Blizz what belongs to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good and Bad at the same time, but i mostly like the increased weekly conquest cap. I just hate the idea of being forced into RBGs is all.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    so lemme get this right if i continue to play arena with friends for fun all season casually ( for serious means pushing for server rank 1 ) i get a free ride to 2300-2400 + just because i continue to play for run rather then caring about sitting? and i get free lootz?

im still not 100% sure how this is going to work ...
    Let me know when you want to have an intelligent conversation.

I don't get it, how will this change stop players sitting at high rating for this season and next season, assuming that this change wont come into affect until the next patch?
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I don't get it, how will this change stop players sitting at high rating for this season and next season, assuming that this change wont come into affect until the next patch?
    Assume the following:

"Team MMR exploit A" boosts up to 2600 rating in a couple weeks and hits gladiator and stops playing for the rest of the season for fear that someone might beat them and cause them to drop.

"Team never quit" starts out the season and climbs up to the 2k range.

Currently they would hit a brick wall of ratings progression due to a lack of arena participation from people not interested in pvp, just ratings and bragging rights. With this new system, it appears that if they (along with the other "never quit" teams) keep playing that their rating will continue to climb, and they, along with everyone else not camping their rating will have a chance to pass the 2600 team.

No longer will 2600 be considered gladiator, it may push team ratings over 3500 since teams will actually be consistently climbing THE WHOLE SEASON instead of just the first few weeks. Those great arena players will need to display their great arena skills all season, and not just in the first few weeks of class imbalance. It's a great change, it'll cause a flood of QQ which means Blizzard is doing something right.

Deleted
    I agree with this because of the following. If you want to level an alt in the future you can N-E-V-E-R catch up with everyone else if you get maxlevel midseason because everyone will still upgrade his gear and it's basicly impossible for you to get on the same gear level no matter how hard you try.

They could have just put in rating decay or vanity items. Would have solved the current problem much better and also if people want to sit on their teams but still want conquest points for upgrading gear as an example they can just do RBG and still sit on their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Assume the following:

"Team MMR exploit A" boosts up to 2600 rating in a couple weeks and hits gladiator and stops playing for the rest of the season for fear that someone might beat them and cause them to drop.

"Team never quit" starts out the season and climbs up to the 2k range.

Currently they would hit a brick wall of ratings progression due to a lack of arena participation from people not interested in pvp, just ratings and bragging rights. With this new system, it appears that if they (along with the other "never quit" teams) keep playing that their rating will continue to climb, and they, along with everyone else not camping their rating will have a chance to pass the 2600 team.

No longer will 2600 be considered gladiator, it may push team ratings over 3500 since teams will actually be consistently climbing THE WHOLE SEASON instead of just the first few weeks. Those great arena players will need to display their great arena skills all season, and not just in the first few weeks of class imbalance. It's a great change, it'll cause a flood of QQ which means Blizzard is doing something right.
    Also it might lead to mediocre teams playing obscene amount of games and surpassing way better teams on farm alone. Ofc it's all speculations before Blizz announce system details, but generally since in tBC before MMR introduction only real form of exploit was win traiding (and to wintrade to actual rank you had to be at least decent enough to lvl multiple teams way above mediocre raitings - it was time consuming too and not many ppls were doing it). Since MMR introduction we've seen 3500+ raiting teams with negative win/loss (no clue how it was done, never tried to figure it out either), 8 way max possible raiting tie on russian BG (some of that superheroes achieved this awersome result in less then honor sets), 4-5 way ties for rank 1 on multiple BGs (ofc they all got their ranks, who would've suspect 4 teams with 2806 raiting in cheating - miracles do happen).

Personally i expect another big fuck up on Blizzards part. Guess we'll have our share of fun trying to catch some jobless guys playing 30 games/day. But then again hordes were complaining how casual WoW become ehehe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can barely get capped in BGs, now they raise the cap -.-

Change is bad. Increases the time it takes to get gear capped and pushes more people towards snoozefest RBGs to remain competitive. RBGs already give people welfare tier 2 and a tonne more points, now they will have gear 8 ilvls higher than mine by the time I get my full set from arenas.

There's so many other things they could have done to stop people rating camping (which this change doesn't even do). Why don't they focus on making people actually want to play by merging BGs, allowing people to be on multiple teams/remove negatives from team hopping and actually balance the game regularly instead of every 6 months. But nah, just force people to queue 50 games a week or do RBGs 24/7 in order to get higher stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they increasing caps they needing to bring back higher points per win like it used to be. So i can actually start capping my alts.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

It means bringing up a new character for pvp is going to be next to impossible. Even if you can stomach the BG grind, it means in full honor gear you're going to be going against players with 30ish ilvls of gear of you in arenas. No thanks. I'd prefer rating decay or participation requirements or something over more and more gates preventing new people from succeeding.

Also, make 3s at least equal to RBGs for capping points. It's 'the balance bracket', so why doesn't it reward the max points possible?