Page 1 of 2
LastLast

raid bosses giving 25 valor

seriously? even if you raid you need to grind dailies to cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is that no one path completely maxes your VP per week. You get to mix and match, thus ensuring a variety of content and a lack of burn out.

If raids capped valor, there would be no burn out. If I have to do dailies, however, there's quite a bloody lot of burnout!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    If raids capped valor, there would be no burn out. If I have to do dailies, however, there's quite a bloody lot of burnout!
    That's only if you plan to max out your valor gear ASAP.
    Remember what happens as content rolls on, you end up stockpiling valor because you have nothing to spend it on.

Just don't be in such a hurry, it isn't going to make or break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The idea is that no one path completely maxes your VP per week. You get to mix and match, thus ensuring a variety of content and a lack of burn out.
    I understand, but if I have to do less dailies/heroics to cap weekly, that would be much better for burnout. if people are actively raiding, it would be nice to get to say, 500/1000vp from a full clear.

also, I find it odd that a LFR wing clear is roughly the same amount of valor per (normal) boss
    Last edited by Moradim; 2012-11-05 at 08:23 PM.

I don't think raids should CAP valor but Normal/Hard in addition to LFR should contribute to valor.

You don't have to do any dailies to cap. Every single heroic gives VP. Just the first one gives double. You can do dungeons till your hearts content, and totally cap on just heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm a single dungeon after the daily first gives more than a raidboss.
    Killing 16 bosses, is something raiders want to do anyways. Then still having to grind 600 VP from dungeons (because who the hell still does anything but cooking dailies or achievements when they reach exalted), actually only adds to the burn out.

And the "no one path", well, dungeons really DO fill this spot atm. And LFR to some extent, but then again, LFR only gives 12.5% more points than a dungeon, meaning that dungeons are generally still faster.

And it's quite funny that the first 3 bosses of LFR give 5 more VP per boss (20% more) than normal or Heroic raid bosses, and afterwards keep giving 15 per boss. Effort and reward not really calibrated very well.
    Last edited by Szemere; 2012-11-05 at 08:27 PM.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Don't forget scenarios give VP too!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with not capping after doing all the raid bosses, but it should be a bit higher. Maybe like 40 per boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because 5mans are fun and awesome? No, its bad joke that you have to do "lesser" content in order to get raid quality loot. you should valorcap by full clearing normal mode content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's only if you plan to max out your valor gear ASAP.
    Remember what happens as content rolls on, you end up stockpiling valor because you have nothing to spend it on.

Just don't be in such a hurry, it isn't going to make or break anything.
    what about upgrading the Ilevel of your raiding gear? Has nothign to do with wanting Valor gear asap then and everythign to do with upgrading the gear you get from raiding and you wont be stockpiling valor then as you wont have enough to spend on all your raid gear and offset gear to get the 2/2 upgrades.

all im saying is, if you do raid, it should make up for a large chunk of the valor cap. I have no issue with doing dungeons/scenarios/dailies, but the amount of valor gained from raiding seems too low.

Deleted
    To summarise OP is thinly veiling the "fuck dailies" opinion. And I agree, more valor (not a significant boost) from dungeons and raids. I'm still friendly with the Shado-Pan and neutral with the August Celestials. I've stopped caring.

Actually it is the complete opposite. So many complained that the last year of Cata they had "nothing to do". Now they are giving everyone something to do, which would tend to add to burn out. If all you need to do is raid 2-3 nights a week you will certainly be less burned out than if you have to log on every day to do dailies for rep grinding and then run heroic dungeons/challenge modes to max out your valor.

Feeling pressured to log on every day and do the same thing every day is not going to decrease burn out. Whether that pressure comes from your guild (faster progression!!!) or from yourself (I must have the best gear!!!) it will still lead to faster burn out. I'd rather log on twice a week and be done than feel like I'm falling behind if I don't log on every night. But that's just my personal preference I s'pose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you're exalted, have done all the achievements you can/want to and stockpiled enough lesser charms doing dailies seems pretty pointless. Doing dungeons over and over isn't exactly fun either. It will get a bit better once all the lfr's unlocked assuming you like lfr and do all of them every week anyway but I find it is too hard to cap vp at the moment. Rewarding raiders since they're the people who need vp the most by increasing the vp from raid bosses sound like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Actually it is the complete opposite. So many complained that the last year of Cata they had "nothing to do". Now they are giving everyone something to do, which would tend to add to burn out. If all you need to do is raid 2-3 nights a week you will certainly be less burned out than if you have to log on every day to do dailies for rep grinding and then run heroic dungeons/challenge modes to max out your valor.

Feeling pressured to log on every day and do the same thing every day is not going to decrease burn out. Whether that pressure comes from your guild (faster progression!!!) or from yourself (I must have the best gear!!!) it will still lead to faster burn out. I'd rather log on twice a week and be done than feel like I'm falling behind if I don't log on every night. But that's just my personal preference I s'pose.
    If you run out of things to do in wow I just assumed everyone had worked out by now that you can just stop playing and go do something else. Its not exactly that hard to work out.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-11-05 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Atm a single dungeon after the daily first gives more than a raidboss.

Killing 16 bosses, is something raiders want to do anyways. Then still having to grind 600 VP from dungeons (because who the hell still does anything but cooking dailies or achievements when they reach exalted), actually only adds to the burn out.

And the "no one path", well, dungeons really DO fill this spot atm. And LFR to some extent, but then again, LFR only gives 12.5% more points than a dungeon, meaning that dungeons are generally still faster.

And it's quite funny that the first 3 bosses of LFR give 5 more VP per boss (20% more) than normal or Heroic raid bosses, and afterwards keep giving 15 per boss. Effort and reward not really calibrated very well.
    The idea is to mix and match by doing one of two things: making it impossible to cap via a specific route or making it very very unattractive. Now, if you did just ONE dungeon a day at the 80vp per day dungeon, you get 560, or more than 50% of your VP. One dungeon a day. Then if you raid two nights a week and do 16 bosses, you get 400 more VP for a total of 960 VP. Then you could knock out a few dailies or one dungeon and cap your 1k.

Not a lot of work. It's only a lot of work when people think "OMG I HAVE TO DO EVERY DAILY OPEN TO ME TODAY OR I FAIL". Really, the only thing even close to grindy is dailies and well, you're doing them for a reward of some sort, usually, whether that is a piece of gear, a mount, or an achievement. Expect some work to get those.

Raid bosses should definitely give more valor. Now that I'm almost done with rep (one day left for shado-pan and less than a week for AC, i missed a few days with them) that leaves me with either doing dailies that give no additional rewards (except lawl gold), or grinding dungeons/scenarios to valor cap. Both of those options are unappealing. Of course, at the rate my guild is going, I'd have to do some of those things even if bosses gave 100VP per kill...*sigh*

hc+scenario 120*7=840 thats close too.

You get to mix and match, thus ensuring a variety of content and a lack of burn out.
    Because as we all know, doing something you're completely disinterested in doing to get something you're interested in getting doesn't at all create frustration and burnout.

There's 2 cop outs. "Variety is the spice of life", which is silly, since there is so little variety, even after 4 expansions, that after you do the same tasks after 3-4 weeks (I'm being kind there), you're pretty much bored with it if it's not your dig. It's especially true that once you've gotten all the side-benefits a task has to offer (Reputation, gear, patterns, whatever) that unless you REALLY love going through dungeons/dailies/LFRs/whatever, you're inevitably going to get burntout.

The second cop out, "Well just don't do it then!". It's equivalent to, without the intent to get in depth, say to an addict, "Well just don't do _____!". You aren't in the same mindset or line of reasoning, so it's easy for you to say it. While I hate people who fall back on "It's my 15$! I do what I want!" when it comes to playing poorly, there's a bit more credence when it comes to solo play. If I desire to valor cap every week, it literally affects no one else. No one else is inconvenienced, so don't say, "You don't need to.." yeah, I want to valor cap. Unfortunately, there's alot blending of what I need into what I want to do.