Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Easy, remove arena.
    The only reason players do arena is for the gear and possible tittle rewards, noone would give a single fuck about arena if they would just reward honor...
    Arena is the thorn in the pvp balance, everything is balanced around 3s, or at least, they try to do that. It would be so much easier if they balanced classes for 1v1 and battleground play, where you effectively PvP instead of humping pillars all day long...
    What a typical comment of a completely shit player. I wonder who really plays arena for the gear or the "rewards" which are so small that you can't really even count them as rewards, people play it because it's fun, not because they want to get the challenger title. And by balancing stuff for duels and bgs where you effectively play PvP, what the hell do you really mean with that? And by saying arena is just about humping pillars makes you look like an even worse player with even less knowledge about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Id rather they scrap arenas altogether and make RBGs more accessible. Arenas are a pain in the dick there is no semblance of balance and things that are broken in regular pvp are EXCESSIVELY broken in arena. Its a nightmare.
    RBGs are no more or less accessible than any of the other content in this game. It's like raiding. You have to find a group that will take you. YOU have to find one, not Blizzard. If it doesn't work out, you do the same thing everyone else does. You find another one. If you can't find another one for whatever reason, then you're just plain outta luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    To Blizzard:

1. Stop the class balance lie (balanced for 3on3 lol) and at least try to fix it (for 1on1)
    2. Give us 1on1 Arena

That's it. I would play arena all day long, even if I would also cry all day long how unbalanced class x vs class y actually is.
    To the mmo-champs here: I know that you are excellent at pointing out why something cannot work, but try to think for a solution, for a change...

WHY do I need to depend on others if I want to be successful?! Because it's a MMO?
    I want a MMO to play with and against others, but not to depend on them. Being dependent is not equal to socializing.
    AGREE.....Arena absolutely DIED when 2v2 was removed from titles, not that it was that great to begin with. Theyll NEVER balance this horrible pvp, just make it fun and open up 1v1 and 2v2 to to titles, who cares if its not as 'balanced' as 5v5?
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Giving more rewards along the way instead of just using arenas as a means to an end to getting geared to finally actually be able to compete with other players if you're joining mid-season.

Also, it says a lot that PvP as a whole was a fuckton more FUN and usually more balanced when 2v2 provided titles.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    RBGs are no more or less accessible than any of the other content in this game. It's like raiding. You have to find a group that will take you. YOU have to find one, not Blizzard. If it doesn't work out, you do the same thing everyone else does. You find another one. If you can't find another one for whatever reason, then you're just plain outta luck.
    OH you mean like LFR? amirite. Remember that the ORIGINAL idea for rbg's was to allow queueing into rbg teams and rating being based entirely on personal performance instead of team performance.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-06 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I have watched this thread for a couple of days. I have decided to throw some ideas out as my path in the game is changing. Once upon a time, I played competitively in the minor leagues. In one of those top 10 guilds on the server, top 3000 guilds US. Not hard core, but certainly trying to be semi-hardcore. At the six mark I started to find other things to do, I played other games. I recently came back after 6 months.

So I find myself in MOP. I'm not a part of a guild where I know people. I just hang out, level my character the usual. Because I choose to play more like 10-15 hours a week instead of 40-50 hours a week, I can't raid, hell I can't get geared for LFR.

PVP arena would be a perfect fit for a guy like me. The end time commitment is smaller. BUT why don't I pvp?

1. Seriously, I don't know how. I mean, I don't know, the weaknesses of a monk versus a mage, or a druid versus a warlock. I don't know how to kite, or how to prevent me from being kited. I don't know how to maximize my role or how to defend myself.

2. To learn how pvp means to bash face. Seriously, I have to work through hours and hours of BG's to learn the craft, farm honor, gear accordingly then find a team and have them show me how to arena. Tall order when I barely know anyone in my guild, and practically no one on my server.

3. PvP grind versus, PvE grind. I am going to play casually. PvP end game arenas fit perfectly into that scenario far better than raiding, but the barriers still feel insurmountable.

Finally: Suggestions.

The barriers into PvP guilds are probably more stirngent than a pve guild. The skill level is higher. Plain and simple. I don't have confidence in my skill.

Make the entry easier. PvP guilds have to recruit people like me and give people like me a good experience.

Whine off. I still want to see reasons why I should pvp. I love to see suggestions.
    Last edited by Woeful; 2012-11-06 at 08:34 PM.

There's just so many fixes needed still I don't mind the PvP grind honestly I really enjoy the honor grind but once you step into arena...
    It's not even all about how skilled you are than it is team based not saying there isnt any skill in arena but for a team like Warrior/Hunter atm Run's in charge blows all cooldowns and your pretty much dead

And yes to PvP your gonna have to start out losing and dying a lot to get good its going to take sometime ask questions learn from mistakes. I found when i started PvPing going and dueling people really helped sure I got my ass handed to me a lot but it helps you learn what abilities the classes have and over time you learn to counter them

I think arenas are a bad part of the game because it forces Blizzard to have to try to balance around every conceivable combination in each bracket. I know some people like it but it really hurts the MMO aspect in my opinion. I think they should stop the balancing struggles and make them more casual with less rewards.

Arena was a huge mistake for WoW IMO. WoW is not balanced enough to be an esport.

Personally, I enjoyed PvP when class roles were more defined, but in the effort to make every spec able to stand on their own with DPS etc. it caused huge balance issues and lack of teamwork.

In vanilla if someone had complained that their druid couldn't kill a warrior the response would have been, "of course- druids are healers" but now every spec is supposed have some viability on its own which has just caused major balance issues.

I liked PvP better when I was respected as the healer or whatever role I was filling at that time.

Remove arena, focus on BGs and world PvP. Done.

class balance
    why not a pvp only pvp tree?

no need to feed us pets or stuff... balance arena and more poeple will play it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    class balance
    why not a pvp only pvp tree?

no need to feed us pets or stuff... balance arena and more poeple will play it
    this is something ive thought thats needed to be done for a long time now. you dont really have to limit one tree to pvp but have all of the trees have 2 different modes. one mode affects the way your spells and abilities work in pve and the other affects the way they work in pvp.

the pve mode cant be used in pvp since the pve mode would probably have a higher set of coefficients for spells and shit, it would also have longer durations on cc and stuff as well. theyve changed the way some spells and abilities work and they said the main reason why they dont do it with all of them is because it would simply take too long.

while i believe it probably would take them awhile, id have to believe that in the long run they would save themselves time by not having to focus so much on balance. i also think that the entry level blue honor set should be purchaseable with gold. this would help with 2 things. 1 - the botters. if the gear they afk in bgs to get was no longer bought with honor there would really be no reason to bot games and 2 - it would help ease the entry into pvp by not "requiring" people to farm for the blue set for a few days/weeks.

just my opinions