Pet traps bugged?

So I've gotten into pet battles after the massive valor/daily grind, played around with it for a while and I noticed that the traps arent working as intended, at least for me.. I was fighting an undead wild pet, after I got it down to low health(low as in one-shot kill low) and used the trap, however it didnt work so I tried it again. And again it didnt work, this went on for about 7-8 turns I kid you not, if I understand correctly the trap is supposed to increase the capture chance by 20% after every failed try, so if it was working as intended I should have been able to capture it within 5 tries or less.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's quite annoying when I find a rare pet but the trap just keeps missing.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a single issue with pet traps, and I've pretty much only done pet battles this expansion lol

I can't say I have has this particular problem. I think the most I have had fail in a row is 4.

I have had some problems when you try to attack or throw a trap it just doesn't do anything.

The only problem I have is that when I press 4 or 5, nothing happens. The buttons light up, but don't actually trigger. This might be an addon problem though, haven't tested it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The chance to capture is probably multiplicative, not additive, so it won't reach 100%. You probably had a really poor streak of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The only problem I have is that when I press 4 or 5, nothing happens. The buttons light up, but don't actually trigger. This might be an addon problem though, haven't tested it.
    I've had this happen sometimes as well, it seems to be random, it would work normally on one battle and then not work on the next.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The chance to capture is probably multiplicative, not additive, so it won't reach 100%. You probably had a really poor streak of bad luck.
    Hmm well that sucks, guess I have to keep trying >.< RNG gods really hate me as of late.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I've had it happen that I press the trap, it does not cast the trap but it uses up my turn =/