Deleted

Help on class for pvp

Hello all. I have recently returned to WoW after a break of about 4 months. I am primarily a pvp player but would like to experience pve this expansion (nothing too hectic heroic dungeons/looking for raid and maybe challenge mode attempts).

I have played an Enhancement shammy since wrath with some dabbling in other characters. Basically I have no clue as to the changes that have happened in Mists and I am looking to decide what to play.

As my time is limited with work and Tae Kwon Do i need some advice as to this.

Basically I would be looking for a class that is solid in 1v1 pvp but that is still decent for RBG's and arenas. Preferably would be a dps either ranged or melee.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

You could probably stick as enhancement, it's doing fairly well atm. It's okay 1v1, one of the best melee vs casters and has a unique-ish playstyle.

Feral, Ret, Mage, Warrior, Hunter and Spriest are probably the best 1v1 classes, although there are incoming nerfs to Warriors & Hunters, and hybrid healing looks like it's going to get nerfed, so that'll make Ferals, Rets and Spriests worse 1v1 as they wont heal as much.

It's honestly up to you, each class has a viable spec it's just whatever you want to play Personally, i'd stick Shaman as that is what you know, Ele and Enh are both good fun and Resto is probably the best healer for PvP atm.

Deleted
    Since you're into martial arts, consider playing a monk.

If you want to do well in pvp, then

Ranged : mage/spriest
    melee : DK/warrior (although warrior nerfs utility and mobility are inc)
    healer : Rdruid/Hpal

15+ Year Old Account
    DK will always be the way to go tbh, they seem pretty steady all through an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    DK will always be the way to go tbh, they seem pretty steady all through an expansion.
    This is kind of true actually...I think it might be that all 3 specs are pretty decent in pvp at one point or another. They might never be the top class (which is usually the fotm anyways) but they never go crazy low like a ele shammy /tear (seriously, I wish I could outrun a feral....One day...)

Deleted
    DKs are also very popular to bring in RBGs

Mate imo play whatever u like to play.Personally i love enh shamans and i strongly suggest u to keep on with him, if u want to change to something else then i either suggest a pure mellee class (2hand if u ask me warrior or dk) or a caster and imo again mage will be the one that u will enjoy most not casue they are doing well in pvp cause i think after an enha shaman a mage is something totall different (an affliction lock will just make u spamming dots cc like u cc and spamming stormstrike or lava lash).Generally if u are planning to change then change to something totally different and new ( u wont see many changes if u reroll to retri for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ench Shammy is nice. Warrior is superb even after the incoming ners, will still be amazing. DK is easy to play with but very hard to master, meaning that if you get focused you will die very fast unless you have out a lot of hours leaning how to play it and how to avoid such situations on the first place.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.