locks don't have enough set up time

while they have you feared, then stunned.. then feared again.

not enough set up time?

but really, i wonder and hope for more nerfs come 5.1.

warriors, locks, hunters, mages and ferals... in that order. yes i realize that is totally greedy and bias of me. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    How about no?

There's just "so" many things we warlocks can do before our fears and stuns become useless for long enough for us to become easy prey. It is the mechanic of the class. You don't see warlocks vanishing and reappearing behind you, you don't see a paladin using a pet to keep you away from them, you don't see mages hitting you with a stick until you die (for those mage's sake xD).

Warlocks mechanics is to fear the opponent long enough for our curses to take place. Avoid that and break the fears and we're easy to kill.

Warriors - YES
    Hunters - YES (though their Stampede is already being fixed)
    Mages - YES (Frost)
    Ferals - NO
    Locks - NO
    SPriests - YES (Shadow's healing is too strong currently...and Psyfiend is pretty annoying, lol.)

BTW, I play Mage & SPriest too, (as well as Feral...), but I think they could stand a couple of nerfs before Locks do.

I will burn your soul.

Another thread about locks being OP. Gets really old when people don't understand the class at all.

We have insane burst because our sustained dmg is lower then others. We are easily countered, Really! Interrupt chaos bolt and nothing else and you take out a big chunk of dmg output. CC us when we have demon soul up (This isnt a hard concept most people cc pallys w/ wings up)

BUT HE HAS UNENDING RESOLVE UP!!!!111!!11, LoS or stun him, chaos bolt takes years to cast.

There you go i just gave you the secret to beating a destro lock.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Another thread about locks being OP. Gets really old when people don't understand the class at all.

We have insane burst because our sustained dmg is lower then others. We are easily countered, Really! Interrupt chaos bolt and nothing else and you take out a big chunk of dmg output. CC us when we have demon soul up (This isnt a hard concept most people cc pallys w/ wings up)

BUT HE HAS UNENDING RESOLVE UP!!!!111!!11, LoS or stun him, chaos bolt takes years to cast.

There you go i just gave you the secret to beating a destro lock.
    Ppl whining about locks dont deserve the slightest tip or hint to counter them,they deserve to go on combat log and see how much crit they suffered.

Another thread about someone who doesn't know how to counter Destro locks.

I'm only bringing up Destro because that's clearly what the OP is crying about.

Deleted
    I agree. Of course destro does high chaosbolts but you know there are also two other speccs and they are also viable for 2,2k and destro also has other spells than chaosbolt.

What bothers me most currently as demo is demonic fury generation. It takes AGES to build up. If you got it and get killed its all gone. If you do not find an enemy in a BG for like 30seconds it begins to vanish aswell. They should really fix that. Same for destro ember generation since it seems near impossible to get casts off in arena.

I really hate it when people complain about Destruction warlocks.

Last night after capping my newly 90 priest in full dreadful gear, I decided to cap for 2's hit 1600, and on my way there I found a few warlocks, and I immediately knew how to counter them (considering my main is a warlock)

Fun fact:

Backdraft
    Backlash
    Dark Soul
    Dark Intent

All of these abilities can be dispelled or spell stolen. I EASILY kept every destro warlock I was against in the gutter by never letting him cast a hasted chaos bolt or incinerate. And with dispels so cheap I was able to keep their partner completely dispelled as well (I love disc)

Basically, yeah, warlocks have a lot of output, but just like not dispelling a frost mages Icy Veins, don't dispel the warlock and you're GIVING him the tools to burn you into the ground, but that can be said about ANY class.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.