Any idea when MoP upgrade will become free?

Haven't played since WotLK outside of getting scrolled back in cata with free upgrade to cata

I'm interested in trying out MoP, but not for $55.

Any ideas on how long it will be before there will be a similar free upgrade to MoP? I'd waste $15 to come back, but not $55.

10+ Year Old Account
    never cata isnt free i cant see MoP being free
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Possibly when the next expansion comes out, or more likely the one after that. It will definitely go down in price.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Probably not till the newest scroll, which probably wont be for awhile (end of mop)/beginning of next xpack
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

There is already a free 10 day trial upgrade.

Ofcourse you cant level past 99% of 85 but you can do pretty much everything that isnt limited by level.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Haven't played since WotLK outside of getting scrolled back in cata with free upgrade to cata

Any ideas on how long it will be before there will be a similar free upgrade to MoP? I'd waste $15 to come back, but not $55.
    well... given that the expansion just came out... and they just did the cata thing free... I'd say hold your breath until the NEXT expansion after MOP comes out... say um.. late 2014, early 2015...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Sounds like a personal problem. If you can't afford it then you can't expect things to become free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    never cata isnt free i cant see MoP being free
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...surrection-faq

What benefits are there for accepting a Scroll of Resurrection invitation?
    The Scroll’s recipient immediately receives a free digital upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Additionally, the Scroll’s receiver can permanently boost one character to level 80 so that they can jump straight into the adventure for their 7 days of free game time!

Funny thing is MoP isn't $55.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Funny thing is MoP isn't $55.
    $40 + $15 = $55

Probably not for another few years, Mercarcher. There may be some sales before that time, but I doubt we'll see it go free with a SoR or other promotion until either very near the end of the expansion (within 6 months or so), or after the next expansion is out.

$40 + $15 = $55
    Technically, he's right-- it's NOT $55 for the expansion, it's $40 for the expansion and $15 for your monthly subscription. You would be paying $55 total, but not for the Mists upgrade.
    But the two of you are just arguing semantics.

Scroll was a one-off promotion to get old players back into the game. If they keep the service updated, don't expect to get a boost to 85 and a free upgrade to Mists at LEAST until Mists is almost over, well into the final tier of raid content, long after any guild worth their salt has the content on farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.5years+ away.
    And only if you can be SoR'd.

Won't be attached like Wrath and BC until like 5years have past.
    Get some money or don't expect to play it anytime soon.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Scroll was a one-off promotion to get old players back into the game. If they keep the service updated, don't expect to get a boost to 85 and a free upgrade to Mists at LEAST until Mists is almost over, well into the final tier of raid content, long after any guild worth their salt has the content on farm.
    That's fine with me. I lost interest in end-game raiding when they cut content from 40 to 25. Lost it even more when they gave the same content to 10 in wotlk.

Just get a part time job and it'll be paid for in 1-2 days of moderate work :P
    That thought is what keeps me satisfied and keeps me going.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Just get a part time job and it'll be paid for in 1-2 days of moderate work :P
    That thought is what keeps me satisfied and keeps me going.
    This isn't a money issue. I'm fully employed and making good money for my age, and am single so I have some disposable income. I just don't want to waste the $55 on 1 month. Just because you have the money to blow, doesn't mean you should just blow it.

Either SoR (in probably a long time), or when the expansion after next comes out. Those would be my best guesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine with me. I lost interest in end-game raiding when they cut content from 40 to 25. Lost it even more when they gave the same content to 10 in wotlk.
    @_@ You really quit over 40 man raiding to 25 man. Sounds more on you then Blizzard. I mean 40 man raiding wasn't that awesome as people make it out to be. I'd expect MoP to be free in about 2 years.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A. Game's $40.
    B. Judging on how Wrath is free with the release of Mists. You'll get free Mists when expansion 6 comes out.
    C. MoP trial.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:33 PM ----------

$40 + $15 = $55
    That's like saying your $20,000 car costs $32,000 because you have to put ~$12,000 worth of gas in it over 5 years.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-11-06 at 04:35 AM.