Deleted

Elegon Normal 10man Problems

So, we get to last phase and all that. what is the way to do that phase in the best way possible?

the log is www().worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5rr1qv1nd39ewl1z/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses&boss=60410 (remove the () to get it work)

and we seems to lack healing at the end, as we die when the boss is on around 10-5%.

i need advices as dps is not the problem atm. it's tight i know but it isnt the problem. we are getting 9-10 stacks every time we dont wipe due to something else.

i admit that we aint having the best healers EU, but what makes it easier. we stack up, reset at 4-5 stacks and the boss is on around 40% when last phase is starting. we get the adds down first, then go all out with hero.

Please help out.

//Regards Lariion

having him at 40% at he last phase is really really high, we've never been over 30. getting at least 4 sparks every time shouldn't be an issue. And if you are doing 10 stacks and still have him at 40% your dps needs to step it up big time.

His health seems too high from what I've seen going into P3. You need him to have 10 stacks by P3. Kill 4 add waves each P2 and burn him down for the 5th add. Do that twice for a total of 10 stacks. On the last phase, have the MT tank Elegon in the normal position and have the OT kite the adds around while the DPS burn them and CC them ASAP. The adds should be down before or just as the outer ring defenses turn on. Have EVERYONE clear stacks other than MT, pop Bloodlust and burn down the boss. Have the tanks alternate clearing stacks and tanking the boss. Last phase is a burn phase as no adds pops up.

Deleted
    so basically we should when we have gotten 5 stacks, ignore the adds and go all out on the boss in phase 2 transition to phase 3? we have all elements, just need better execution i guess. we got it to 2% at one try and 4% another try. its so close.

Should we stack up at the melee, and ignore resetting? gonna try this on wednesday.

thanks for the tips and i hope this is gonna go well!

Quote Originally Posted by lariion View Post
    Should we stack up at the melee, and ignore resetting? gonna try this on wednesday.

We are all standing in meele range in the last phase. Reset stacks at 6-7! Be sure to have a raid CD rotation (healers). You should be fine then.

Transition from phase 2 to phase 3: Kill 4 adds, when the fifth add spawns ignore it and nuke the boss! Do this twice and you should bring him down to ~30% HP before the last phase starts.

Good luck
    Last edited by MrWilson; 2012-11-05 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lariion View Post

We stacked on the middle of the floor, so the healing rain hit both us and melee. Resetted stacks once or twice.
    Make sure people use their personal cooldowns to mitigate as much dmg as possible. The healers mana go out really quick cause of the huge damage. I had around 90% mana when phase 3 started. Considering I used a manapot during that phase and I had like 5-15% mana or something left, you burn through 300k mana quite fast. So make sure your two healers have lots of mana left, they should both be atleast over 70% when p3 hits.

4 waves/adds (5 stacks) each phase and you shouldn't need any more than that. We did 5 waves one try and wiped on 0.4% due to fail on vent but even if we took 5 waves we still had like 30 sec until enrage so if you can take more waves you can do it.

GL, we banged our heads against elegon 38 times until we knocked him, be persistent and you'll have him soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    So make sure your two healers have lots of mana left, they should both be atleast over 70% when p3 hits.
    I play a shaman and started with ~30% mana (or even lower) when p3 started. Droped a healing rain and my HTT, cast 2-3 CHs and then resetted the stack debuff at about 6-7 stacks. After this i put MTT down and had enough mana to heal the raid (even though 1-2 ppl died during this kill try in p3). As a shaman your 'over 70% rule' is not true

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your logs, your HPS from the 2 healers is incredibly low. Both healers should be able to do at least 55-60k.

Also, your paladin has 17% holy light and hardly any Holy Radiance. He should be spamming HR in the burn phase and using shock afterwords for aoe healing. He also has incredibly low mastery heal which is probably because hes gemming/reforging wrong.

IMO your healers need to pick up their game and its a kill every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we do in the last phase everyone stacks behind elegon and burns him, 10 stacks on boss of course, only tanks resetting until about 10%, Elegon usually dies pretty quick in this phase with 10 stacks.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    I play a shaman and started with ~30% mana (or even lower) when p3 started. Droped a healing rain and my HTT, cast 2-3 CHs and then resetted the stack debuff at about 6-7 stacks. After this i put MTT down and had enough mana to heal the raid (even though 1-2 ppl died during this kill try in p3). As a shaman your 'over 70% rule' is not true
    Yeah, I play holy pal and the "rule" did apply to me and our druid, but might work fine for shammys to disregard it ^^

Deleted
    You can afford to do the 5 set of adds to get 6 stacks if your DPS can handle it, and then nuke him for the 6th add spawn. Additionally we made range stack on the edge of the area (the place were you can drop stacks by jumping), figured every ranged/healer being stacked in melee needlessly increases damage taken if they can just stack on the outside and jump to clear their stacks. No idea what our healers go into the phase with, but I know they blow the sleep-mana pot after the floor disappears and before any small adds spawn.

I should add that maintaining DPS on him is a key to the fight. When he starts transitioning you have a good 15(?) seconds to get into your positions before any add spawns, thats a huge amount of time and you should be knocking him close to 40% by the time they start spawning.
    Last edited by mmoc5247e124b4; 2012-11-06 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for all the feedback and tips! will be forwarded through to the ones that needs it.

Regards Larion