Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW Frost Blood Tap Usage

So what's the new priority for DW Frost? Should I be keeping both unholy runes on CD (through DnD/Obliterate) so that Blood Tap turns one of the unholy runes into a death rune instead of always keeping 1 unholy rune on CD? I'm having trouble finding info on the optimal priority for DW. I checked the other thread listed here (Frost rotation) but someone responded with the priority from Elitist Jerks which doesn't really mention blood tap usage.

Deleted
    This should be the priority with BT:
    - Diseases
    - SR boss < 35% health
    - FS KM
    - HB rime
    - FS rp > 76
    - OB
    - HB
    - BT
    - HoW
    - FS

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Blood tap better then plague leech then? Is plague leech better and this is just another option? Or is it close/debatable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dytzy View Post
    Is Blood tap better then plague leech then? Is plague leech better and this is just another option? Or is it close/debatable?
    Blood Tap is about runes management while Plague Leech is about diseases management... and they are in 2 different tiers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Blood Tap is about runes management while Plague Leech is about diseases management... and they are in 2 different tiers
    Different tiers?

Deleted
    Different tiers?

Different tiers = different talent tier or w/e you call them XD I thought they were called "tiers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow I'm so retarded lol, I need to go to bed soon.

In that case my question was Blood tap VS Runic Empowerment for DW...

EJ said at one point that RE was better, has that changed? or is it more preference then anything?

Sorry for the mix up >.< I thought one thing but typed another

Deleted

EJ said at one point that RE was better, has that changed? or is it more preference then anything?

Playing DW you need BT, the reason EJ picked RE was because they calculated stats from simcraft (BT was bugged) fixed now. So BT should be the choice while DW.

- Diseases
    - SR boss < 35% health
    - FS KM
    - HB rime
    - FS rp > 76
    - OB
    - HB
    - BT
    - HoW
    - FS
    Thanks, that's really helpful .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Playing DW you need BT, the reason EJ picked RE was because they calculated stats from simcraft (BT was bugged) fixed now. So BT should be the choice while DW.
    Hmm, ok.

In that case is it ideal to macro BT into FS so you don't have to worry about it? Or is it more ideal to manage it seperately? If so what's the optimal way to manage it?

I've never messed with BT at all since the MOP changes, it looks relatively straight forward, but is using it as soon as 5 stacks is available optimal or waiting for certain points in the rotation?

I've been doing fairly decent damage as DW since I've started testing it in the last couple days. RE's gaming runes makes a lot of sense to me since that's how masterfrost was in cata, but the BT seems like it could get more complicated. idk.

Deleted
    Hmm, ok.

In that case is it ideal to macro BT into FS so you don't have to worry about it? Or is it more ideal to manage it seperately? If so what's the optimal way to manage it?

I've never messed with BT at all since the MOP changes, it looks relatively straight forward, but is using it as soon as 5 stacks is available optimal or waiting for certain points in the rotation?

I've been doing fairly decent damage as DW since I've started testing it in the last couple days. RE's gaming runes makes a lot of sense to me since that's how masterfrost was in cata, but the BT seems like it could get more complicated. idk.
    I wrote about that in another thread last night
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19002820

Why would you want to use it at +10 charges anyway, no reason for that tbh. Another thing is you should maybe not use the blood tab macro and frost strike at once, rather with howling blast.

Deleted

Simcraft was bugged about BT usage so it ended up with 2h > DW and RE better than BT.

After the fix simcrafts show DW > 2h and BT > RE.

Sooo when should we use blood tap then?

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    What's the difference in priority and spec for 2H Frost?

Is BT > RE for 2H as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    What's the difference in priority and spec for 2H Frost?

Is BT > RE for 2H as well?
    That was written a bit up the page
    About BT and 2H at the same time, this isn't something I have done any experiments with and I really doubt it's wroth even trying.

If you have to macro BT then just don't bother using BT. Simcraft rates BT higher than RE because it uses it's BT charges on UH runes to get more HB's in, if you can't do that or aren't going to be practising that then don't bother. BT actually has the lowest through put of the 3 choices so macroing it really is pointless.

So ye.... BT perfect useage>gaming RE>RE>BT

Kinda gotta realise your talking bout relatively minor DPS increases, a lot of the time the system you like/your used to will help you perform better than what the sim's are saying.....the fact that most players aren't incredibly complex spreadsheets and simulators seems to get lost on people when it comes to the actual application of theorycraft.

Deleted
    Theres barely a difference between macro'ing BT and using it freely on single target, nor is there any real complex secret to it, you should be using it when you can. BT automatically prioritizes restoring unholy runes first. One of the bigger advantages BT brings is utilizing the RP gain from AMS, acting like a 'bank' for runes (this ofcourse works better with an unmacro'd BT)
    Last edited by mmocce36062047; 2012-11-06 at 05:41 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Diseases
    - SR boss < 35% health
    - FS KM
    - HB rime
    - FS rp > 76
    - OB
    - HB
    - BT
    - HoW
    - FS
    Pretty sure HoW should be higher. Above OB I believe. That's it for 2h at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Pretty sure HoW should be higher. Above OB I believe. That's it for 2h at least.
    That's a prio list for DW tho. I took it from EJ from the latest sim that showed the highest DPS.

can anyone link the macr for BT? i am already running out of keybinds this exapc.. so i am inclined to try macroed BT to test it out first.