[Music] Buying a Guitar | Cort

Hey guys, I want to buy a new 7 string Guitar for cheap, and I decided to buy a Cort, but I can't decide between EVL-Z47 and EVL-K47B.

The EVL-Z47(not made anymore, but found one in a music shop near me, last one in the country ):
    http://www.musicworld.bg/bg/c_367/i_...t_EVL_Z47.html
    Pros(imo):
    +Looks awesome
    +Older Cort models were built better and were considered the best in their price range, beating more expensive guitars
    Cons:
    -25.5" neck
    -Only 22 frets

The EVL-K47B(current only 7 string made by Cort, hard to find):
    http://www.cortguitars.com/en/product/evl-k47b
    Pros:
    +24 frets
    +27" neck
    Cons:
    -Ugly as hell
    -newer Corts are more flimsy

My friend also told me that longer neck makes the lows sound more clear, so that could also be a plus for the K47B.
    I'm not an experienced guitar player, this will be my first own guitar, but I played bass for 3 years and keys(piano) for 8 now.
    The tuning I would use is half step down or (Bb).

My main musical preference is modern/technical metal, like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtg_7...4&feature=plcp

Thanks for reading and comments !

Make sure you can get your hand around the fretboard, if you can't reach the frets to play the chords you won't have fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the looks of the older one myself, the length of the neck could be an issue, but i guess it depends what you're used to?

I don't really know about such things, i'm just a bassist ;op (or rather i like to think i am)

10+ Year Old Account
    never buy an instrument that you can't play first.

reaching frets shouldn't be a problem, as you said you've played bass for a few years, and keyboard players always make great players of other instruments (in my experience).

back on topic: i would go for the older model, as it seems to have the better build quality. personally, i never pay more than a few hundred dollars for a guitar/bass, as i do all my own refinishing, setup, and hardware/wiring installation.

the most important step in having an instrument you're happy with is having it properly set up. if you can't do it yourself, take it to a professional who will work with you.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could also go for Agile or Schecter, those are fairly decent guitars and not so expensive.

schecterguitars.com/

rondomusic.com/cgi-rondomusic/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*0c1421a8d614cc26

Thanks for the replies, I decided on the Z47.

I did consider Schecter, but their low range guitars are crap.
    Agile is made in America, and the postage would cost me half the guitar price.

15+ Year Old Account
    I realize you already made up your mind and I'm not questioning or trying to change it but out of curiosity, why did you choose a 7 string? If it's your first guitar and you are a bass player, I'd think a 6 string one would be more fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I realize you already made up your mind and I'm not questioning or trying to change it but out of curiosity, why did you choose a 7 string? If it's your first guitar and you are a bass player, I'd think a 6 string one would be more fitting?
    I need the B string, and putting a thick string on a 6 string and downtuning is not a good way, especially since those don't have the pickups made to handle it and it can bend the neck (saw that happen).

Honestly... Fender Jaguars are so overlooked. I feel the damn things can be used for nearly every genre, haha. Got a 2008 Classic Player Jag with dual humbuckers. <3 it You ever debate on getting another guitar, seriously check out Jags.