Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I had a really bad experience with Razer products.
    They are small, flat, doesn't fit into your hand unless you lay your hand flat, which is not ergonic. Extremely sensetive buttons, so you had to hold back your fingers which leads to strain in the hand. The shape of the buttons on almost all their products doesn't let you rest your fingers in the side. You have to have atleast three fingers on the mouse with your thumb and your little finger on the sides. I can't hold a mouse like that. But I guess it's ok if you lay your hand flat, vertically on the mouse.
    I tried to get used to it, but after a day it broke and I got really frustrated.
    Never again Razer...
    It's hard to find a decent mouse if you hold your hand in a natural grab on the mouse like I do. Even Logitech mouse have the same problem.
    So I took a gamble and bought a Corsair M90. Mostly because it looked like I could rest both my ring finger and my little finger on the side. The mouse is very heavy though. But its solid and I am actually happy with it. Took some time getting used to the buttons on the side though. Most importantly it fits inside my palm so I can relax my hand while using it.
    Out of the four mouse mentioned earlier I'd try the SteelSeries Sensei too, I just think its a very small mouse.
    The Mionox might be a good second choice if you don't mind the shape.

I hope you'll be happy with your new pointing device!
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few mouses that I've recently had.

Razer Naga - It's uncomfortable - Plastic on top feels silky and nice, although the material overall is cheap plastic - Low durability. It's overpriced. It has a good cable, it's very thick and the output of it is nice aswell. Rating 1/10 I would give it a 3. Cons - price, cheap plastic and uncomfortable. A mouse need precision, with the razer naga that is hard to achieve with the buttons on the side.

G9X Logitech - Very comfortable, for some the size might be too small, for me perfect. It has different material cases. It has one with a rough surface and one as the razer one, that is silky. You can adjust the speed of it on it. It has some cool features such as scroll fast down and up. The side buttons are perfect, just above my thumb, compared to the razer naga where I have to use my pointy point finger and messes up everything. Middle mouse is fine, although the razers was slightly higher making it easier to press. You can adjust the weight of it, that increases the precision in shooter games alot. The cable is same as the razers hardened with thread, but the cable where it goes in to the mouse is not that well hardened. The razers has more of a plastic rubber thing holding it, while here the cable just goes straight in. Compared to razer the plastic on this one is very good. Rating 1/10 - 7,5. Cheap - Good quality - and awesome grip with good precision.

Overall Razer has good headsets I've heard, but mouses .. They tend to be really cheap and bad quality. I don't like that, they advertise although more than most people and their products look nice, give the thanks to neonlights. Either way, you don't need a razer naga with 500 buttons to achieve high, a button with 2 on the side and 1 middle mouse is more than enough. Considering shift +, alt and control gives you 9 extra buttons if wanted.

Talking from experience, my arena partners tend to brag of their razer nagas.. Yet they're really low rated people, 1500-1750 rated people. Although my higher experienced partners who sit around with a normal mouse such as one with a middle mouse only or with two extra buttons + middle mouse tend to be 2,3k +. I'm not saying this goes for everyone, but it seems to be happenin' alot to me.. Razer promises too much, they say stuff such as " Become a better gamer etc and people believe it. "thumb rule" Keyboard is the key to high rating, the mouse is there for precision, not for keybinds. Why have 20 binds on your razer naga when those could've been used on the keyboard? I myself have over currently 30 binds, not counting focus ( with focus well over 38 ) and I use no razer naga.

Hope this is constructive enough of a gamers view into mouses and how it affects players. this is for me, might be different for you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    alot of people hate on razer but nothing has as die-hard mmo-ers as the razer naga. i would never play without it again and im probably getting a second one to use as a portable one for my laptop this holiday season.
    You're saying Die-Hard MMO-ers.

If you're such a Try-harder as you make it sound. Link me World of Logs where you're at least within 10 best DPS, give me your highest arena rating.

I don't use a razer naga, I'm on the few top of World of Logs, my highest MMR games were 2550. Am I now a try hard? ( I play WoW 5-8 hours weeks, considering myself casual, although I spend some times on forums etc)
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2012-11-06 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
    They are small, flat, doesn't fit into your hand unless you lay your hand flat, which is not ergonic.
    Small and flat mice are designed for claw/fingertip grip, you probably have palm grip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    The G400 shape is great for palm grip, but crap for fingertip/claw.
    I'm not saying you are wrong, the G400 is overall a great mouse, but next time you palm grip a G400 look at your ring and pinky fingers. Compare that to the shape of the SteelSeries Ikari or the Naos 5000 and you will hopefully understand my point.

Deleted
    I would recommend a Razor DeatdAdder, had my last one for 2 years, that's pretty good for stuff in my hands Got a very simple design without too many keys, I really like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I would recommend a Razor DeatdAdder, had my last one for 2 years, that's pretty good for stuff in my hands Got a very simple design without too many keys, I really like that.
    I had one, really good and solid mouse. Until the left button started double clicking that is. It's a known problem with those mice so I wouldn't recommend getting one.

I'd also recommend the Logitech G9X. I've been using one for over a year now and I love it. It comes with different "shells" that you can use to make the mouse slimmer or wider, depending on your preference. I use the wide shell and it is perfect for bigger hands.

It also has customizable weights that you can add to weigh the mouse down, I prefer a heavier mouse so I use the heavier set of weights.

If you want an MMO-mouse, I'd recommend the Corsair M90. Out of all the MMO mice, the M90 seems to be the one that makes the most sense. The Razer Naga and the Logitech G600 basically have a numpad on the side, which means you cannot rest your thumb on your mouse without hitting a button (unless you use a fingertip grip). The M90 has a space specifically for your thumb, and then has the buttons situated around that space. The M90 is also made out of aluminium and feels a lot "sturdier" than either the Naga of G600, which are both all plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    I had one, really good and solid mouse. Until the left button started double clicking that is. It's a known problem with those mice so I wouldn't recommend getting one.
    Indeed, Razer mice often develop an issue where the predominantly used button starts to double click or cease clicking at all. There are fixes out there that may or may not help, but they involve opening the mouse (which voids the warranty) and either cleaning the sensor with (electric) contact cleaner or adding wax/hot glue to the button so that it makes full contact with the switch again.

alot of people hate on razer but nothing has as die-hard mmo-ers as the razer naga. i would never play without it again and im probably getting a second one to use as a portable one for my laptop this holiday season.
    The idea that the Razer Naga is the only mouse for MMO players is just silly. As I detailed above, not only is the mouse awkward to use, but it is made of cheap plastic and seems to have about a 50% failure rating in the first few months of use. There are certainly better MMO mice available.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-06 at 03:04 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post

You're saying Die-Hard MMO-ers.

If you're such a Try-harder as you make it sound. Link me World of Logs where you're at least within 10 best DPS, give me your highest arena rating.

I don't use a razer naga, I'm on the few top of World of Logs, my highest MMR games were 2550. Am I now a try hard? ( I play WoW 5-8 hours weeks, considering myself casual, although I spend some times on forums etc)
    i left out a word in that anyways, die-hard followers is what i meant to say, as in the players that do use it are very attached to it. on another not i fail to see why my statement in any way would make it seem like i am a try harder, im just a guy that loves my mouse...(if you thought i meant only die-hard players use the naga then my bad, as that is far from the true)
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Sorry i missed your threads about Peripheral's! Lots of good stuff in there. I have decided to go with the Sensei.

Thanks for everyone! =D
    Good choice, good luck with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Personally I wouldn't touch those privacy intruding Razer mice with a ten-foot-pole:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1319323/r...rvers-are-down

If you're fine with a data collecting mouse driver including always-on-DRM that might disrupt usability should their server go down, they'd sure love to have you as customer though.

You realise you don't actually need their software, right?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logitech m500 is my mouse of choice. 2 thumb buttons and side scroll gives you lots of options $27 from newegg. Fits my hand (small, claw) perfect. Simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    As far as I understand it you do need the software if you want to make use of the advanced features like button programming.

Even if you can find older software for some models the fact remains that Razer designed an always-online, registration requiring, data collecting mouse driver and pushes it as default installation for new devices.
    And that's more than enough for me to never buy one of their products as long as this policy is in place, and probably a bit longer.

Deleted

Logitech G600?

Deleted
    +1 for Logitech. I've been using Logitech peripherals for years and none of them have ever failed! My mouse currently is 7 years old and it still works like new.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been reluctant to buy a MMO orientated mouse. But after I had eyed up the G600. My girl bought me one as a surprise, and it arrived at my door step yesterday. I had been using a MX518 for the last 7 or 8 years. Took a little while to get use to the change, but I am starting to fall in love with it. So as long as the quality is up to par to what I hold Logitech Mice it should be a pretty awesome in the long run.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/gaming...o-gaming-mouse
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=74357&...h&promoid=1016
    Last edited by dicertification; 2012-11-07 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayman View Post
    The Naga is certainly a very good choice for WoW and possibly other MMOs, however I just migrated to a Zowie AM2, and a Zowie Keyboard, the touch of the mouse and the way it caresses my hand is certainly very intriguing, even though it is ambidextrous (AM means Ambidextrous)
    AM means Abdi Mohamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    If you want to run native cpi--which is usually really high--sure. Default settings aren't ideal for everyone.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Razer Naga Hex. I bet Razer Naga (original), had 12 button on side, but it's way too confusing, while HEX has less and better situated.

I own Razer Naga (original) but have issue with triple clicking on mouse1, will return it to Razer for exchange or refund.
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

Deleted
    Simple answer: Razor naga Molten edition Gaming mouse (has 17 buttons perfect for any gamer)

Quote Originally Posted by bradrelia View Post
    Simple answer: Razor naga Molten edition Gaming mouse (has 17 buttons perfect for any gamer)
    Its kind of normal to actually read replies throughout the post, we went over the Naga and its short comings.