Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I agree, but this would be like making sinestra spawn, by putting 1000000 gold into a dragon shaped piggybank.

nothing here is earned/progressed towards, its just gold.
    So let's just assume that if there was only 1 invite at a time, pretty sure the first one would go for 999k. You really think people just makes millions in hour without actually doing anything? For some people the gold making is pretty much the same as raiding for some people. Just cause you don't bother to do it, doesn't mean it's not earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Essentially what this comes down too.

But more than likely Blizzard is looking to see if RMT can work in WoW. Using ingame gold is the first step. Blizzard has learned after the RealID fiasco to do things in baby steps as it's below the radar. This black market only exists for this reason, because RMT items will have similar price tags. Ties into the DiabloIII market, too.

All in tiny steps, but all coming to you.
    You may have forgot your tinfoil hat.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why the rush? Gold isn't the gateway, not having friends is. Once a single guy in your guild/ring of friends get the invite, you should be set.

I'm sure you'll be able to last a few days...

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    If they make the entry requirement too hard not everyone will get in, ever... unless they nerf content. BMAH is much more organic and doesn't require them to throw ridiculously hard content at people before they even get into the brawler's guild.

Won't take too long before the fights are all on youtube. The number and level of bosses could vary to suit whatever is appropriate, and the randomness will give even poor players some hope of getting in (if they check out a vid or 2), but the if you fail you wait gate would prevent a huge rush on day 1.

Wait how it play's out.

You can get an invite by players already invited. Aslo, read the front page. They don't want it to be to crowded on day 1, which is understandable since it's not instanced. Complaining about something what you haven't actually experienced by just 'assuming' has no actual leverage at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decra View Post
    I read somewhere once you are in the guild you can invite 10 people.
    1. Buy membership from BMAH.
    2. Sell invites.
    3. Profit.

Blizzard doing a bang-up job as usual.

in any case, the realm first achieves should be removed, as they prove basically nothing other than having the wealth/connections to get a head start.

why not put an invite in the STV arena? make people...actually fight to earn the right to get in.

(I know not everyone likes pvp, but it's still better than a gold option)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    1. Buy membership from BMAH.
    2. Sell invites.
    3. Profit.

Blizzard doing a bang-up job as usual.
    Yeah, I'm sure those will go for huge amounts considering that there will be 10 players simultaneously spamming in trade. Oh, but I'm sure they all made some secret pact for not undercutting each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure those will go for huge amounts considering that there will be 10 players simultaneously spamming in trade. Oh, but I'm sure they all made some secret pact for not undercutting each other.
    It's like everything else, if you're one of the first to the market you'll make a killing.

in any case, the realm first achieves should be removed, as they prove basically nothing other than having the wealth/connections to get a head start.

why not put an invite in the STV arena? make people...actually fight to earn the right to get in.

Then a pvp guild forms a raid and they get the invite instead of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read a ton about the Brawlers guild but from what I saw it's "solo PvE challenges" yes? Not sure how people completing raids or challenge modes, what I would call multi player PvE content, have more merit to solo PvE content then a person who spends their wow time farming gold but what do I know?

PvE people want in. Gold farmers want invites. I see only one alternative.

Realm wide Battle Royal in the dark moon faire arena deathmatch. Disable grouping so big guilds can't team up too easily. One death and you are out. Last 10 alive get the first invites. I would watch that :P

Deleted
    Simply put : to stop the 10000 people on your server entering and queuing for the brawlers guild leaving everybody near the back of the queue waiting days to kill 1 mob before having to re-queue again.

The gold thing isn't an issue at all. I don't get why people are stressing out over it, the people already in the guild can invite other players. There's 10 invites right off the bat so let's say 10 guilds get the initial invitations, your talking hundreds of players already in the brawlers guild (presuming they will invite they're guildies which im sure they will). Those players can invite friends, who in turn will invite they're friends and so on, im betting after the first day their will be so many people giving out invites there wont even be a gold profit available.

General chat will be something like - ''LF inv to brawlers guild'' there's going to be hundreds of people able to invite him, they wont even be able to compete for a cash price for the invite.

10+ Year Old Account

The bolded part is just plain wrong, since the headstart isn't a guarantee that you'll actually win. Simple fact of the matter is: They needed gating, and found something that DOESN'T take extra development resources. Such as making a long epic quest-chain, then having to make sure 33 specs can do it. Or tie it into raids, and thus ensuring that the people who are ALREADY known in the community get in first. Or tie it to PvP and ensure the realm first is a mage :P

Seriously, there are drawbacks to every kind of gating. Stop blowing this out of proportion, OP.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    All the problems come from the retarded idea of not making it instanced.
    Honestly if it stays like this i expect a lot of QQ about queues and very little success of the feature.
    For one, I'm not gonna bother with it if it means waiting for hours idle watching others.

The gold entrance requirement is consequence of the non-instanced decission. Bad design imo. Brawlers guild was a great idea and they have already killed it.

B) It's a very organic and natural way to allow people to learn from eachother. (Some people having trouble with a certain boss? Just watch others do it and learn, no need to go youtube it either).
    We will see how this works, and we'll know what is better: going to youtube to check how someone does the boss... or having to wait to be able to actually fight.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2012-11-06 at 11:41 AM.

There is no simple or fair way to invite the first 10 people. Gold isn't a bad medium since everyone has had a chance to do dailies for a month. If you spent that gold on something else or refused to do them then you're sol. I find making gold to be one of the if not the easiest thing to do in the game. It doesn't require a big time investment and in the end you can just buy whatever you want in the game. Apparently this is just one more thing to spend gold on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    All the problems come from the retarded idea of not making it instanced.
    Honestly if it stays like this i expect a lot of QQ about queues and very little success of the feature.
    For one, I'm not gonna bother with it if it means waiting for hours idle watching others.
    I agree with this. I was doing it in PTR and after the first few minutes I got bored of watching people and just waited for my turn. Also there were only about 5 people and the queue was about 10 minutes. I can't even begin to imagine how insane the queues would be on a live server.

I wonder how they will handle griefing, we already see what lengths people will go to, to reset galleon...

I cant imagine how long the wait/queue will be on a server like illidan :x

10+ Year Old Account
    brawlers guild. why is gold the entrance requirement on day 1?
    Because obviously(now) Blizzard is related to gold selling activities, that's the purpose of BRMAH after all, although i don't have any clue any i could probably be wrong i really can't think of anything else.
    There are hundreds of non-gold-related ways to reduce the initial influx of players varying from easy to very hard, if this was the real problem.

And mark my words, bookmark them actually,save the below quote, screenshot it,.
    More and more features,not just items, will become available in the future that will be directly or indirectly related to BMAH.
    Race change tokens, faction change tokens, realm transfer tokens and so on
    The cow must be milked, D3 was a success since gamers are naive enough to pay money for items so this model must me embedded in WoW too, in a slow., controlled and stealthy way.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-06 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the only way to reasonably gate content.
    It's not really gating content. It's a trial of who will be the next WoW "whales" (what they call in the industry those who splurge on IM goods).

Those gold numbers will be replaced with credits you see in your WoW account management.

Baby steps, but it's coming.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."