Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Exactly.
    And the fact that the BMAH is not vanity only clearly reveals the philosophy behind it,
    and there aren't only S03 items but also raid gear that is not even available to raiders yet like HC items from raids whose normal mode is not opened yet /facepalm.

Aren't people seeing that BMAH it's a pay2win model in early stages?
    If you believe in the conspiracy theory that goldsellers give Blizzard money. Maybe then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only read a few of these posts but seriously consider this question.

What would you rather have?

A select choice of rich people slowly using the game and getting all the bugs out in the first few days.

OR

10million users crowding the brawl arena therefore creating immense lag and crashing all the servers due to overpopulation?

I know which i would choose,quit whining and get over it,its blizzs game not ours,they can do what they hell they want. END OF!

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Content shouldn't be accessible to everyone. Content should be accessible to those who want to put forth the effort to do it.

My suggestion? Make brawler's invites require all reps in MoP at exalted.
    No offense but that goes completely again blizzards own mindset after all if content wasn't supposed to be accessible to all why do we have LFR now?
    why does content get nerfed after a while so that also the others can see bosses and get HC achieves (ICC and DS raidbuff) they always give the reason that they want people to see more content.

but somehow with this something that's just personal epeen and something you might want to do on your own time they feel the need to restrict it and make it one fight at a time.

and in no way people can seriously call nabbing a ticket of the BMAH "effort" that's just plain silly
    I still dont get why they decided to make this whole thing like a solo version of the ring of blood that's even more silly

I never had any serious interest (thank the gods)in this but I would have liked to try it out now I wont bother. I dont really feel like staying up till 4am or later or stand in a 4hour line to just see or try something.
    It feels like that quest in jade forest during beta you know the one with the meditating that was bugged? people had to stand in line for hours before they could finish it. and there where always douches that just ran to the front and just kept spamming the NPC bugging it out for the other person who was in the middle of the quest. Now this just seems like a server wide version of that buggy quest on a permanent base lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Only read a few of these posts but seriously consider this question.

What would you rather have?

A select choice of rich people slowly using the game and getting all the bugs out in the first few days.

OR

10million users crowding the brawl arena therefore creating immense lag and crashing all the servers due to overpopulation?

I know which i would choose,quit whining and get over it,its blizzs game not ours,they can do what they hell they want. END OF!
    well I rather have those 10 mill people in there own instance version of the brawler functionality instead of the current implementation. After all 20 million eyes see more then a few 50 eyes not to mention if there is only a couple of them having access the chance is bigger they just keep the bugs hush hush if it works in their favor so yea....
    Last edited by Malackai; 2012-11-06 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    BMAH is an early step towards in-game Blizzard Store.
    Nope, it's a gold sink. D3 and WoW are too different to be throwing around shit about Blizzard eventually selling powerful items for real money, a theory that has been going around for over three years, probably more.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Nope, it's a gold sink. D3 and WoW are too different to be throwing around shit about Blizzard eventually selling powerful items for real money, a theory that has been going around for over three years, probably more.
    Honey, login to your account management and check the top right corner. Those 0000s doesn't exist for no reason.

If WoW would never be about RMT, if all you have is WoW, you would've never seen a feature that you wouldn't use. Otherwise, you'll see Starcraft and DiabloIII services on your Battle.net page.

Denial doesn't make it disappear. It's there, and Blizzard is hoping the 0000s turn into 9999s. And there's some people in this game with plastic that can charge it to that...and you bet we'll have some shiny new heroes in Azeroth.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You can't.

This event is the very reason why gold sellers exist. But it's not the reason why this event is occurring.

It's RMT.

If folks are arguing now about access and more, wait until RMT comes, the have and have not infighting will be turned up to 10+, when adults with plastic will become the uber elites. Blizzard would make a killing keeping "whales" happy.

If Blizzard can get away with a sub+RMT (like SOE does with EQ2), they will be sitting on a gold mine.

You KNOW it's coming, just check your account management -- you don't need credits for subs, afterall.
    As long as it doesn't affect my gameplay then I couldn't care less. Did you ever play a real pay2win game? I did for a while just two months ago. It meant you couldn't play properly without paying money. This is far from that.

They also first have to start selling gold themselves or 'credits'. I seriously don't think this will happen. What you are talking about is just a conspiracy theory and you know what those are like. You can complain about something that is maybe not even going to happen if you want...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    From a tank that likes to solo old raid bosses, (even if i have to go ret for the occasional one), I really really want into the brawlers guild. However if I don't get in on day 1 I'm not going to be upset. 5.1 is bring lots of changes. I might actually start doing some dailies on some of my alts. I'll start grinding the new reps etc.

Would I love to be the first player on the realm to get the achieves.... sure I would, but even if i got the first invite from the BMAH, I doubt i'll have the time to chain queue to get that realm first anyway. So lets look at how long it'll take to get in.

Day 1 - 10 on the BMAH - lets say i'm priced out so don't get these.
    Day 2 - 10 more on the BMAH and 0-10 players that got one on day 1 selling 0-10 each for gold in /trade
    Day 3 - 10 more on the BMAH and 0-110 players that got one on day 1or 2 selling 0-10 each for gold in /trade
    Day 4 - 10 more on the BMAH and 0-1110 players that got one on day 1-3 selling 0-10 each for gold in /trade
    etc.

Even if people try to be tight, these things will leak out. I reckon a couple weeks tops for the price of a ticket in trade to be in the hundreds of gold at most.

Now it's possible of course that on some servers one guild *might* try and get all the tickets for a while. And this might delay the whole process for a few days.

Yes days - How long will be be in a single guilds interest to spend 10s or 100s of thousands of gold to keep these away from the general realm populace - especially when they could and probably will ensure everyone in their guild gets one in hte first day or 3?

So am I slighty frustrated that I probably won't get one of these day 1? Sure I am, but nothing more than slightly frustrated. I'm sure I'll get one within a week or two, and won't be paying very much for it either.

So unless you think everything in life should be easy for everyone to get day one every time... I suggest you sit back, chill a little, and wait the few days until these things are cheap..

If on the other hand you really really really want the realm first... Well then the price of that is spending a load on the BMAH, and a good solid grind through the ranks - Good luck to you. If you're that person, then I suspect you may even see this route that Blizzard are taking as a good thing since it will reduce your competition on day 1.
    Except you fail to realize that as the blue post said you have to wait your turn when you are even actually in the Brawler's Guild. So while 10 people have access day 1 let's say, if you get it on day 20 when 1000 people have access you might as well not even have access since you'll be waiting an inordinate amount of time to actually use it.

Edit:

Also if you think that waiting is going to reduce the cost, you have another thing coming because most people will still price gouge these so you need to rely on freebie invites from friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Brawlers Guild is an uninstanced public viewable event. So the Gold cost and rariety of the item is making a little more sense to me; I do not want 3,000 people sitting around while I am trying to complete these challenges, mercilessly hitting me with tomatos or whatever. Likewise, I dont want those 3,000 people running around in the arena with me while I am trying to do content.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    even if I can afford a day 1 invite (and I cant, im not gold capped), I shouldnt have to pay GOLD to do new content. make me earn my right to get in, by doing something in-game, and not something in an auction house.

yes, invites will spread eventually, but the first few to acquire one...they arent going to pass them out for free, unless it's to a guildy. otherwise, they will go to the highest bidder in trade chat. it wont be a long-term problem, but for the first week or two, these invites will have their own market. and that guy in trade chat who buys an invite and gets the right to invite someone else...dont you think they are going to try and recoup some of their gold spent by selling it to someone else?

there are two scenarios: one guild acquires them all, or one individual who sells to randoms. no matter the case, these invites WILL be sold. and it will take a while until we get to the point where invites are only a few hundred gold, or free.

You shouldn't pay gold to do new content? I'm sorry but you have been paying gold to see content for a long time. You act like you have to pay 100,000 gold to see a new dungeon.

But I bet everyone would love to grind their way to an invite by doing something ingame instead of having to give some random in trade chat 500 gold in a few weeks. What would you rather do? Do 15 dailies every day for a week or just spend a few hundred gold and get instant access?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I don't know how much simpler i have to make it to understand so answer me the below with a simple yes or no.

Do you know that as we speak you can buy 509iLvl ToES HC gear (gear that drops in a raid that even its normal mode is not opened for anyone yet) for real money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect my gameplay then I couldn't care less. Did you ever play a real pay2win game?
    Yep.

My current toon in one of those MMOs is worth $600 just on training alone. There's friendly reminders that some credit card exchanges have per month limits of around $15,000/mon, too.

They'll be selling an exclusive item shortly for over $1,000 (that's RL money cost, not IM points).

I support RMT. Did it with EQ2, and I don't mind it in WoW. As long as it regulated right (perhaps paying for mental health treatment for addiction, for example. As RMT in WoW will cause more problems than in other games. WoW wasn't setup for RMT, and that transition will be painful, especially due to the addiction to purples and social/class warfare).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except you fail to realize that as the blue post said you have to wait your turn when you are even actually in the Brawler's Guild. So while 10 people have access day 1 let's say, if you get it on day 20 when 1000 people have access you might as well not even have access since you'll be waiting an inordinate amount of time to actually use it.

Edit:

Also if you think that waiting is going to reduce the cost, you have another thing coming because most people will still price gouge these so you need to rely on freebie invites from friends.
    And you fail to realize you and others are just making assumptions (I do too). Let's just wait and see what happens. They already said they want to ramp it up so it doesn't get too crowded at the beginning. They can just as well give away invites at some point for free.

Crazy theories going around here. People quitting the game while they don't even have a clue what will happen. Freaking out over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You shouldn't pay gold to do new content? I'm sorry but you have been paying gold to see content for a long time. You act like you have to pay 100,000 gold to see a new dungeon.

But I bet everyone would love to grind their way to an invite by doing something ingame instead of having to give some random in trade chat 500 gold in a few weeks. What would you rather do? Do 15 dailies every day for a week or just spend a few hundred gold and get instant access?
    I dont have to spend gold to get into mogu'shan vaults, I can spend gold on say, a darkmoon card to boost my performance, but the content is still accessible in 463 blues.

there is no other instance to date that requires a fee to attempt. and that is the problem. sure spending gold to get access right away is nice, but it isnt fair to the players that dont have the means. they are forced to wait till their more wealthy counterparts distribute the invites.

Slow down, as the Pandaren say.
    Or, you can fuck off and build a better system, as the no longer paying customer says.

"Sorry you weren't arbitrarily chosen to be allowed to play today, better luck next time"

Seriously never been more glad I quit than now. Good times were had, good times have sadly ended. To the next fool with Activision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    in any case, the realm first achieves should be removed, as they prove basically nothing other than having the wealth/connections to get a head start.

why not put an invite in the STV arena? make people...actually fight to earn the right to get in.

(I know not everyone likes pvp, but it's still better than a gold option)
    having an invite on day 1 doesn't mean you are top contender for realm first.
    The events aren't gated. So you gotta stay in line until you can brawl..
    With the days passing by, the amount of people increases, and your chances to fight are going to slim down.

The way it seems to work is, that it's going to take some time to get exalted. At some point you probably end up with "galleon camping ground reloaded"..
    Sitting there, waiting all day long until it's your turn to fight again.

What I read between the lines is, that down the road things are going to change, once the first rush is over. And to make it less of a mess, they put a certain hurdle up to avoid a clusterfuck of mass amounts of people in the beginning.

I don't get the argument "content should be accessible to everyone"
    Everything is accessible to everyone in this game all you need is dedication and hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yep.

My current toon in one of those MMOs is worth $600 just on training alone. There's friendly reminders that some credit card exchanges have per month limits of around $15,000/mon, too.

They'll be selling an exclusive item shortly for over $1,000 (that's RL money cost, not IM points).

I support RMT. Did it with EQ2, and I don't mind it in WoW. As long as it regulated right (perhaps paying for mental health treatment for addiction, for example. As RMT in WoW will cause more problems than in other games. WoW wasn't setup for RMT, and that transition will be painful, especially due to the addiction to purples and social/class warfare).
    Let's say they will one day sell character enhancements for real money and someone without those enhancements can still play but is almost hopeless (they won't be able to win in PvP and are so far behind in PvE that they are unable to experience the game properly). (The more you pay the more advantage you get.) I don't even believe they can just pull that off.
    If it doesn't affect people this much then I don't really care. If I can just play normally then I don't care. And otherwise I will just quit.
    And a monthly fee + pay2win? Doesn't work.

also, there is a realm first achieve for this. sure, guilds may not care about it as much as say heart of fear 6/6h, but a guild could easily snap up all the bmah invites, keep the invites in the guild, until realm first has been achieved.

noone is forcing them to pass invites to people outside the guild either. considering bmah gear has hit gold cap many times, this isnt that odd a scenario.

If everyone had the chance to get in there on day 1 it would be chaos. Let me remind you they aren't going with instanced or phased versions of the brawlers guild and fights, you have to wait your turn to get in and battle. Do you really want to sit there for 4 hours waiting to get one fight in? No thanks, I'll do that when everyones not trying to.

And is this really a matter of "buying your way in to see content"? It's just a little arena you fight npcs in. Oh no, the fact that I can't do that is seriously going to hinder my world of warcraft experience! What will I do with my time besides tons of daily quests, pet battles, instances, and scenarios?! Blizz y u so unfair

Gating this content makes perfect sense. They wanted this to be an outside-world event viewable by spectators in real-time, which is what led them to this one-person-at-a-time deal. And that one-person-at-a-time deal basically dictates that they have to gate it somehow. I'm sorry, but if you opened up the Brawler's Guild to everyone at once, it would just be a royal clusterfuck that isn't enjoyable for anyone for weeks. Phasing people into it slowly is the right choice, and this system serves that purpose. The only question remaining is how you phase people in like that, and I think BMAH invites (leading on to invites from within the guild) are a good way of doing it. The only other realistic option is to give invites out at random, at that runs the huge risk of people who didn't want invites getting them (and of course, if they were tradeable, they'd just end up being sold to the highest bidder anyway!). The system they have in place, at the very least, guarantees that whoever's bidding copious amounts of money for these things is someone who wants them.

I like the idea of it not being instanced and being able to watch people, and instancing it and allowing hundreds of people to do it at the same time (while retaining the observer option) would just result in a petty amount of viewers for any given instance, which takes away most of the rather significant audience component. If they do that, they have to gate it, and this is the best way to gate it. That's all there is to it.

My real concern with the Brawler's Guild is stats. I hope there's item scaling, like in challenge modes. It'll be a huge waste if you can just outgear the Brawler's Guild.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2012-11-06 at 01:33 PM.