Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly no matter how they did this people would complain ..There will always be unhappy people regardless of how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Essentially what this comes down too.

But more than likely Blizzard is looking to see if RMT can work in WoW. Using ingame gold is the first step. Blizzard has learned after the RealID fiasco to do things in baby steps as it's below the radar. This black market only exists for this reason, because RMT items will have similar price tags. Ties into the DiabloIII market, too.

All in tiny steps, but all coming to you.
    I said that very same thing back when it was announced in D3. A rmah transaction type content will eventually come to wow but it will happen very slowly. So slow people will not notice it till there so hooked on the game they won't quit wow for fear of losing what they built up but they will be trapped between a rock and a hard place.

A rmah in wow is coming and you're seeing that first baby steps of it.

Sad days ahead and for all those that supported the rmah, I hope you suffer greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I dont have to spend gold to get into mogu'shan vaults, I can spend gold on say, a darkmoon card to boost my performance, but the content is still accessible in 463 blues.

there is no other instance to date that requires a fee to attempt. and that is the problem. sure spending gold to get access right away is nice, but it isnt fair to the players that dont have the means. they are forced to wait till their more wealthy counterparts distribute the invites.
    It's not an instance. It's a faction where you can fight PvE mobs solo that is gated to prevent too many people doing it at the same time. Does it really matter what the gate looks like? I can't really think of another artificial barrier that works better than this one. Having people getting exalted with another faction doesn't work as good as this (many people will start grinding from the beginning and we will still have tons of people all together trying to do the solo fights). Having an NPC selling a limited amount of invites for 50k gold doesn't work the same either.
    And any other artificial barrier will be complained about.

Maybe it's time to actually be nice to people and help them out. Maybe then we get invites for free. Or maybe actually playing together instead of being in eachothers way because everything is mine mine mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like that it costs gold to get in either but if i can get in for only a cpl 100k and then be able to invite 10 ppl i could still sell invites for bout 50k well under what im sure it'll be on bmah and still make a nice profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Let's say they will one day sell character enhancements for real money and someone without those enhancements can still play but is almost hopeless (they won't be able to win in PvP and are so far behind in PvE that they are unable to experience the game properly). (The more you pay the more advantage you get.) I don't even believe they can just pull that off.
    If it doesn't affect people this much then I don't really care. If I can just play normally then I don't care. And otherwise I will just quit.
    And a monthly fee + pay2win? Doesn't work.
    Blizzard can, any dev house can make a game truly P2W.

The balance is offering the same stuff ingame for those with ingame gold without messing with the till for direct sales. Those with the cash can bypass everything and get it sooner deal.

I can see selling instant leveling scrolls (will be pricey per toon...probably worth at least $300 a piece [more money for Blizzard than 3 days powerlevelers can raise a toon now]) to start off with. The usual appearance gear, and then with gems and enchants (these will have different stats and colors/effects than those in the game).

It's a slow process, but RMT is like that. It'll also dovetail into Titan well, since Blizzard knows it's very difficult to play end-game in 2 games at once. Folks can keep their WoW toons more or less geared for a pretty penny, while still play Titan. Makes sense.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Gating this content makes perfect sense. They wanted this to be an outside-world event viewable by spectators in real-time, which is what led them to this one-person-at-a-time deal. And that one-person-at-a-time deal basically dictates that they have to gate it somehow. I'm sorry, but if you opened up the Brawler's Guild to everyone at once, it would just be a royal clusterfuck that isn't enjoyable for anyone for weeks. Phasing people into it slowly is the right choice, and this system serves that purpose. The only question remaining is how you phase people in like that, and I think BMAH invites (leading on to invites from within the guild) are a good way of doing it. The only other realistic option is to give invites out at random, at that runs the huge risk of people who didn't want invites getting them (and of course, if they were tradeable, they'd just end up being sold to the highest bidder anyway!). The system they have in place, at the very least, guarantees that whoever's bidding copious amounts of money for these things is someone who wants them.

I like the idea of it not being instanced and being able to watch people, and instancing it and allowing hundreds of people to do it at the same time (while retaining the observer option) would just result in a petty amount of viewers for any given instance, which takes away most of the rather significant audience component. If they do that, they have to gate it, and this is the best way to gate it. That's all there is to it.

My real concern with the Brawler's Guild is stats. I hope there's item scaling, like in challenge modes. It'll be a huge waste if you can just outgear the Brawler's Guild.
    This basically contains everything I had to say. I'm looking forward to the Brawlers guild, and I'm not even all that interested in fighting, just the feeling of some server community based little event sounds nice.

Every method you suggested is equally arbitrary but biased towards certain types of players. Using gold as the method is just as arbitrary but gold is something players of all walks of life earn. Plus it's thematically relevant for two underground organizations to be related and it serves the purpose of removing even more gold from the economy. All pluses. Lastly, regardless of the method for acquiring the daily tickets, almost anyone can have access within the first week. I really don't see a problem.

Unless you really give a shit about achievements i wouldnt even bother doing the brawlers guild

There are only 2 rewards atm (this may change) a pet that looks exactly like the gnome robot from archealogy which can be sold in the ah and some BOA leveling fist weapons thats it

If they wanted it gated they couldve done a very lengthy quest chain but no that would be too easy

all im gonna say is fuck you ghostcrawler i aint even gonna spend a dime on this shit and i hope it dies a very quick death cause of lack of use!

Deleted
    Do I like it? No! Would I complain about it? No. If I have to pay money for it and involving the BMAH it means a ridiculous amount of money, I simply don't care. Maybe at some point in time I will get an invitation for a reasonable effort. Blizzard just makes another attempt at gating content and again it's just plain stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm more curious about how does a player invite another player. If I buy a ticket can I go around inviting people freely? Do either of us have to do anything else other than just say "come along buddy"?
    I reckon the invite will have a CD. I can see invites going out for a minimum of 20k gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I said that very same thing back when it was announced in D3. A rmah transaction type content will eventually come to wow but it will happen very slowly. So slow people will not notice it till there so hooked on the game they won't quit wow for fear of losing what they built up but they will be trapped between a rock and a hard place.

A rmah in wow is coming and you're seeing that first baby steps of it.

Sad days ahead and for all those that supported the rmah, I hope you suffer greatly.
    I support RMT for very good reasons (not because I like or prefer departing with cold hard cash), but because RMT opens new doors for making RL money by gamers.

Now Blizzard is a tight drum in that department especially selling their IP items. But you know a 40% cut in the profits for selling RMT items is better than watching it being sold on eBay and not getting a dime.

RMT does have it's benefits. And that auction house can sell more than just the flavor of the day from Blizzard (anyone familar with Sony's Station Exchange?).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Blizzard can, any dev house can make a game truly P2W.

The balance is offering the same stuff ingame for those with ingame gold without messing with the till for direct sales. Those with the cash can bypass everything and get it sooner deal.

I can see selling instant leveling scrolls (will be pricey per toon...probably worth at least $300 a piece [more money for Blizzard than 3 days powerlevelers can raise a toon now]) to start off with. The usual appearance gear, and then with gems and enchants (these will have different stats and colors/effects than those in the game).

It's a slow process, but RMT is like that. It'll also dovetail into Titan well, since Blizzard knows it's very difficult to play end-game in 2 games at once. Folks can keep their WoW toons more or less geared for a pretty penny, while still play Titan. Makes sense.
    Ofcourse they can but does it generate more profit? I really doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I don't know how much simpler i have to make it to understand so answer me the below with a simple yes or no.

Do you know that as we speak you can buy 509iLvl ToES HC gear (gear that drops in a raid that even its normal mode is not opened for anyone yet) for real money?
    Gold is real money now? Ooooh, Blizzard is working with the goldsellers, naturally
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Do I like it? No! Would I complain about it? No. If I have to pay money for it and involving the BMAH it means a ridiculous amount of money, I simply don't care. Maybe at some point in time I will get an invitation for a reasonable effort. Blizzard just makes another attempt at gating content and again it's just plain stupid.
    Gating content is not plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Only read a few of these posts but seriously consider this question.

What would you rather have?

A select choice of rich people slowly using the game and getting all the bugs out in the first few days.

OR

10million users crowding the brawl arena therefore creating immense lag and crashing all the servers due to overpopulation?

I know which i would choose,quit whining and get over it,its blizzs game not ours,they can do what they hell they want. END OF!
    I would rather have a semi instanced version of it. One player enters the brawl arena, an instance is created. The next 49 players that enter the arena enters to that instance. After that a new instance is created. Group end always in the same instance.

There, no overpopulation, you can spectate others and queues are not infinite.

Yes, its Blizzard's game, we are talking about what Blizzard does with the game WE finance.

There are other choices too, like making the ramping up depend on other things besides MONEY.

The path taken by Blizzard is the worse one.

I like it. Brings back some much needed exclusivity.

I wouldn't mind shelling out 10, 20 or MAYBE (I'd think long and hard about that) 30k gold for an inv off of the BMAH but if someone goes and snatches them all up with 999,999G bids then people like me are just stuck having to wait until the AH players and gold farmers are done playing with their shiny new toy. Then, hopefully, I could get an invite from someone so I can give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Gold is real money now? Ooooh, Blizzard is working with the goldsellers, naturally
    You can buy gold with money doesn't need Blizzard be the seller, thus you can buy whatever BMAH by simply buying gold, is this hard to grasp this simple words?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Honey, login to your account management and check the top right corner. Those 0000s doesn't exist for no reason.

If WoW would never be about RMT, if all you have is WoW, you would've never seen a feature that you wouldn't use. Otherwise, you'll see Starcraft and DiabloIII services on your Battle.net page.

Denial doesn't make it disappear. It's there, and Blizzard is hoping the 0000s turn into 9999s. And there's some people in this game with plastic that can charge it to that...and you bet we'll have some shiny new heroes in Azeroth.
    Sweetheart, I have no intention to deny the existence of BNet Balance, used for D3 RMAH and game purchases.

Your point? Is your point really that because the WoW page and the top, containing the accounts Bnet Balance, it means that WoW is bound to get a RMAH? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    You can buy gold with money doesn't need Blizzard be the seller, thus you can buy whatever BMAH by simply buying gold, is this hard to grasp this simple words?
    Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

Next time, try not to skip the most vital details.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-06 at 02:17 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

Next time, try not to skip the most vital details.
    I have to stress that it's not illegal. It's just bannable. There's a big difference between having your account compromised and getting into legal trouble.

Also, to make a rebuttal to your central point, there are allowed ways of transforming real money into in-game money. Biggest example would be TCG items.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2012-11-06 at 02:21 PM.