Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

Next time, try not to skip the most vital details.
    You can legally buy some mounts/pets with real money that dont bind to your char and sell them in the AH for gold.
    You can use that gold you got from an item that you bought with RM to buy heroic raid gear.

All legally.

Now i dont think that has a particular bad impact in the game since the items are not widespread.

But in this case the invitations MUST be widespread.

typical "solution" (as you think not I) u want raid/challenge mode "PVE" accomplishments to PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweetheart, I have no intention to deny the existence of BNet Balance, used for D3 RMAH and game purchases.

Your point? Is your point really that because the WoW page and the top, containing the accounts Bnet Balance, it means that WoW is bound to get a RMAH. Adjust your tinfoil.
    Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

But go ahead and live with those pipe dreams of Blizzard living on subs and some fluff items sold. When RMT comes, we'll be around to read the cries "I HAVE NO MONEY!!! HALP!!!" when reality sets in.

Enjoy it, Sweetheart. Your dreams will come true about "exclusive" content. Just make sure you bring some plastic from Visa, Mastercard, Discover and/or American Express!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Would be a perfekt reward to get invated for completing all challenge modes (without a medal). But noooooooooooooooo....... lets add more gold sinks. Seriously, the community is devided into people with millions gold and those with just a few thousends.. there's no middle ground where the poorer people would buy something for even 3,000g if they lack high-end weapon enchants, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on, there are several possibilities to allow entry without gold
    Everyone can make gold, but not everyone raids, does challenge modes, PvP, etc, so how would it be fair to gate this content behind those things? I would never be able to participate in your example. No, gold is fine. It's not even that much (bidding starts quite low).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You can legally buy some mounts/pets with real money that dont bind to your char and sell them in the AH for gold.
    You can use that gold you got from an item that you bought with RM to buy heroic raid gear.

All legally.
    Also can legally buy those trading card pets and mounts tickets...all exclusive items only gotten by pay-to-play.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

But go ahead and live with those pipe dreams of Blizzard living on subs and some fluff items sold. When RMT comes, we'll be around to read the cries "I HAVE NO MONEY!!! HALP!!!" when reality sets in.

Enjoy it, Sweetheart. Your dreams will come true about "exclusive" content. Just make sure you bring some plastic from Visa, Mastercard, Discover and/or American Express!
    It's like reading a preaching about "the inevitable rapture".

But sure, I'm looking forward to it. Got my VISA right here. Not sure where this proposed "dream about exclusive content" of mine came from, but considering the talk about RMT from you, I'm not surprised another imagined idea popped up right next to it :3

HAHA, I think I'd rather take my chances with the chinese
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-06 at 02:32 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Everyone can make gold, but not everyone raids, does challenge modes, PvP, etc, so how would it be fair to gate this content behind those things? I would never be able to participate in your example. No, gold is fine. It's not even that much (bidding starts quite low).
    Bidding starts low, and it might end low in the PTR.

In Live, you wont be able to buy any invitation in the first month with less than several hundreds k of gold.

Too many people abused the Firelands bug and played the AH in the last expansion, leaving the game with a HUGE load of VERY VERY rich people.

Not to mention that there are hundreds of thousand of people that buy gold without consequences from some sites (i know some).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like reading a preaching about "the inevitable rapture".
    Because if players can make $300 or more a month just playing the game...it would be!!

I would like to believe that there aren't guilds that would high-bid all of the invitations on the server.

All that has to happen is that there can't be a Feat of Strength included with buying an invitation from the first wave.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    not fair to those of us who arent gold capped yet.
    The people who are gold capped didn't just log in 1 day and have all that gold. They earned it. Fair has nothing to do with it.

You can't give this content to everyone or you wouldn't ever get a go. Can you imagine the queue size for such a thing? It's going to be long as it is.

Deleted
    Honey, login to your account management and check the top right corner. Those 0000s doesn't exist for no reason.

If WoW would never be about RMT, if all you have is WoW, you would've never seen a feature that you wouldn't use. Otherwise, you'll see Starcraft and DiabloIII services on your Battle.net page.

Denial doesn't make it disappear. It's there, and Blizzard is hoping the 0000s turn into 9999s. And there's some people in this game with plastic that can charge it to that...and you bet we'll have some shiny new heroes in Azeroth.
    Honey, you can use Battlenet Balance to buy:
    World of Warcraft Character Services
    Appearance Change
    Faction Change
    Name Change
    Race Change
    Realm Transfer

World of Warcraft Guild Services
    Guild Faction Change
    Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer
    Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Faction Change + Guild Name Change
    Guild Realm Transfer + Guild Name Change

World of Warcraft Digital Upgrades
    WoW: Battle Chest to Wrath of the Lich King
    WoW: Battle Chest to Cataclysm
    Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm
    Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria (Now available for prepurchase! See our Mists of Pandaria Presale article for more information)

So why would you not see the balance if you only have WoW? Sense, you make none!

Not to mention that in unbalanced PVP servers, it will be almost impossible for one faction to get invites....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on,
    there are people who havent step foot in a raid when it was relevant, who will get first dibs merely because they have the gold. is that fair?

Well. This isn't raid content, nor is it an instance. So why should raid achives or CM scores count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sast View Post
    You can't give this content to everyone or you wouldn't ever get a go. Can you imagine the queue size for such a thing?
    For playing SOLO content, in a MMO?

Where were all those screaming and flaming posts about, "If you want to play solo, play a SP game or GTFO a MMO?" again?

Funny how all that changes overnight for a price of one ticket.

Hmmmmm.......

Do people even know what the Brawler's Guild is and what the rewards are? Spoilers: You can get a single pet, and BoA fist weapons. There, that's what you're crying about.

Chill out, if you don't do it on day one, it'll still be there for you down the road. Shocking, I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I guess I couldn't understand the reasoning that because you can buy gold for money through illegal means, and use them on the BMAH, you can "buy heroic items for real money", when discussing how Blizzard is babystepping towards selling raid items for real money.

Next time, try not to skip the most vital details.
    I'm not skipping any vital details.
    You missing the point for once more, there was no raiding gear available for gold till now.

So we got from
    Step 0: "No raiding gear for gold"
    to
    Step 1: "Raiding gear for massive amounts of gold"

Oh it's so hard to predict the next step...
    And thanks to the wonder of the internet both could read this when Blizzard starts selling gear for money or currency buyable with money.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-06 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Bidding starts low, and it might end low in the PTR.

In Live, you wont be able to buy any invitation in the first month with less than several hundreds k of gold.

Too many people abused the Firelands bug and played the AH in the last expansion, leaving the game with a HUGE load of VERY VERY rich people.

Not to mention that there are hundreds of thousand of people that buy gold without consequences from some sites (i know some).
    I do hope this happens. I can wait a month and it would syphon a lot of gold from the server, lowering prices on the AH and the BMAH. I doubt though that many people will spend their gold on invites instead of the Onyxia Mount, Mimiron's Mount, HC gear, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because if players can make $300 or more a month just playing the game...it would be!!
    Indeed.
    Let me bite the "exclusive dream". Why is the Brawler's Guild gated?
    Because else it'd get flooded immediately.

Why isn't the invitations handled a different way?
    Because they saw an opportunity to flush some more gold from the servers.

However, until I see Blizzard selling 100,000 gold for like 8,99 I'm not convinced. And that's something that they'd never do, but selling items? That's fair right? I mean, there's the D3 RMAH! Except it makes no sense. D3 is a character-driven progression while WoW relies on group effort, D2 suffered so much from duped items and gold that they saw no other way to keep the players legit. And some extra cash from transaction fees are always nice for companies.

The Blizzard store will never contain anything but pets and mounts. I'm not that fond of the idea of guardian cubs being BoE, but hey, player-driven economy, and no guarantees. Someone chose to take the risk with the Cub and put it on AH. Someone chooses to buy it for gold.
    Personally I'd never pay 10 euro for a chance to sell it for whatever low price it has stabilized on due to oversaturation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I'm not skipping any vital details.
    You missing the point for once more, there was no raiding gear available for gold till now.

So we got from
    Step 0: "No raiding gear for gold"
    to
    Step 1: "Raiding gear for massive amounts of gold"

Oh it's so hard to predict the next step...
    Why does it have to be a Step 2?

Actually we went from

Raiding BoEs for gold.
    to
    Gold sink.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I may be missing something but,
    What logic is there in: "ppl will buy the tickets and resell at a higher price"

this is the bmah, if anyone would buy it for a higher price they will outbid you before you buy it.