Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I personally think that if any system in a MMORPG can't handle multiple people using it at the same time, you need to step back and think about what the heck you're doing...

To me the problem isn't how Blizz gates it or even that they're gating it (They have to slow the people coming in somehow), but that they think a "One person per faction per server at a time"-system is a good idea is just mind-boggling to me, not as if the spectators are going to do anything other than spam the "Grief the fighter"-items, though i must admit that does seem like more fun than watching somebody else play WoW from the sidelines...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Content shouldn't be accessible to everyone. Content should be accessible to those who want to put forth the effort to do it.
    Well Blizzard has decided otherwise and it's their game and their rules... Besides it looks like everybody is crying wolf before they even know how it pans out. So what if the first invites go out through the BMAH? Any other alternative would find the same degree of offense with most people, most likely because they cannot comply with it.
    People suggesting to get an invite if all reps are amxed probably already have it maxed etc. Blizzard just needed a way to throttle the release of Brawler's Guild and they have. Let's do some fun math and have a pessimistic scenario where, there's only one invitation on the AH and every member of the Brwaler's Guild can only invite 2 ppl. Then this would be it.
    Day 1, 1 person
    Day 2, 2 people
    Day 3, 4 people
    Day 4, 8 people
    Day 5, 16 people
    Day 14, 8,192 people
    Day 15, 16,384 people....

So in two weeks in this scenario, more than 16000 people could hav etheir invites. Imagine that there's not 1 invite but a few on the BMAH say 5? Then all numbers get multiplied by 5. People can invite more people than just 2? Then again the growth is exponentially bigger...
    So in my opinion it's not bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    think about it, even if it isnt instanced, there are a number of ways they could have slowly let people in. whether it's by raid accomplishments, challenge mode scores, and so on, there are several possibilities to allow entry without gold...so why let member #1 be some random guy with a ton of gold to burn?

a guild can pool gold and secure all the invites if they so desire. or crowd the ah and harass people, if you are vodka. then they can choose to only give them to guildies, or (and this will happen) sell invitations. which essentially makes this invite an investment, and not so much about doing the pve content.

is this really the best way to handle letting people in slowly? there are people who havent step foot in a raid when it was relevant, who will get first dibs merely because they have the gold. is that fair?
    So raiders are more entitled to getting into the Brawler's guild than someone else?
    I see the concern about this metod but your last sentence just made you look a bit butthurt.

The first rule about fight club is: you have to pay to get into to fight club, and don't talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    And you fail to realize you and others are just making assumptions (I do too). Let's just wait and see what happens. They already said they want to ramp it up so it doesn't get too crowded at the beginning. They can just as well give away invites at some point for free.

Crazy theories going around here. People quitting the game while they don't even have a clue what will happen. Freaking out over nothing.
    That's not an assumption. That is directly from the blue post that JUST came out. It says it's ONE person at a time able to compete in the actual ring. Show me where that's an assumption.

If you're talking about the costs being an assumption, no it's called knowing human nature and the greed of people on my server where these people seem to think 10g a pop for green tea leaves(each one not a stack) is a good price.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well Blizzard has decided otherwise and it's their game and their rules... Besides it looks like everybody is crying wolf before they even know how it pans out. So what if the first invites go out through the BMAH? Any other alternative would find the same degree of offense with most people, most likely because they cannot comply with it.
    People suggesting to get an invite if all reps are amxed probably already have it maxed etc. Blizzard just needed a way to throttle the release of Brawler's Guild and they have. Let's do some fun math and have a pessimistic scenario where, there's only one invitation on the AH and every member of the Brwaler's Guild can only invite 2 ppl. Then this would be it.
    Day 1, 1 person
    Day 2, 2 people
    Day 3, 4 people
    Day 4, 8 people
    Day 5, 16 people
    Day 14, 8,192 people
    Day 15, 16,384 people....

So in two weeks in this scenario, more than 16000 people could hav etheir invites. Imagine that there's not 1 invite but a few on the BMAH say 5? Then all numbers get multiplied by 5. People can invite more people than just 2? Then again the growth is exponentially bigger...
    So in my opinion it's not bad.
    There's supposed to be a few, but the whole thing is just horribly implemented. It's not instanced and it's 1 person at a time. So let me expand on this for you:

Person day 1 gets invite once the BMAH auction finishes and more than likely spends an ridiculous cost. Person 1 if they are smart will not invite anyone until they are done for the day with it. If person 1 is smart they will only invite 1-3 people because only 1 person can compete at a time. So BMAH will pretty much be the likely source for all invites minus one or two here or there. Why? Because the more you invite people with your invite, you screw up your chances of competing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That's not an assumption. That is directly from the blue post that JUST came out. It says it's ONE person at a time able to compete in the actual ring. Show me where that's an assumption.

If you're talking about the costs being an assumption, no it's called knowing human nature and the greed of people on my server where these people seem to think 10g a pop for green tea leaves(each one not a stack) is a good price.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 05:20 PM ----------

There's supposed to be a few, but the whole thing is just horribly implemented. It's not instanced and it's 1 person at a time. So let me expand on this for you:

Person day 1 gets invite once the BMAH auction finishes and more than likely spends an ridiculous cost. Person 1 if they are smart will not invite anyone until they are done for the day with it. If person 1 is smart they will only invite 1-3 people because only 1 person can compete at a time. So BMAH will pretty much be the likely source for all invites minus one or two here or there. Why? Because the more you invite people with your invite, you screw up your chances of competing.
    And dont forget that person 1 can't invite anyone until they reach the max rank with the brawlers guild.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So you say it's not useful to have your Account Balance shown when you only have WoW and have a credit card (I guess that's what you call 'plastic')? That may be true, as then you can use your Credit Card to pay directly for the things you can buy with the Balance, but you can use different methods to update you Balance, including methods you can't use to directly pay for the services. So you still don't explain what having this Balance visible has to do with RMAH in WoW, as was your point.
    If you buy directly you have zero need for deposits. It's a duplication of services, otherwise.

That "safe" is there for IM credits. Otherwise anything else in WOW could just be bought directly -- mounts, pets and game cards can be gifted, too.

IM credits, like the game tokens of old from the arcades, are designed for you to always leave some balance (never getting your true money worth, because you have to buy more to get item). Multiply those pennies by millions...now maybe you can understand it's existence?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

It would have been fairer to just have a suitably shady, weekly repeatable quest chain to earn a chance via lottery to win an invite.